how can i be a VIP member? i just sighed in to the blackberry zone site.. i want to try the Tweetissimo app

thanks!
    03-28-10 07:50 AM
    with those still paying 50 bucks a pop...you'll see a socialscope invite first..
    Pretty funny... completely untrue (only those that signed up in the last cpl of days haven't been activated yet), but still funny
    03-28-10 07:56 AM
    I really hope Tweetissimo makes it's beta/early-adopters really really happy. Sure, the $50 is supposed to give other advantages on their site and forums (really, good luck with that), however unless Tweetissimo functionality and support is 100% satisfactory to all users prior to and up to official release, I foresee holy **** raining down at the slightest hiccup (look at SS and their business model which has yet to charge a dime). The moment one user feels slighted after ploppin down 50 bones for VIP, regardless that it's for the website/forum benefits, they're gonna interpret it as $50 they paid for a Twitter App.

As well too... after the app becomes public, unless there's a stiff price tag on it, early adopters are going to be upset when they see what new users are paying for it vs what they paid for it.

I'm not baggin the VIP program promoted. Just forewarning consumer perception in the future. Gadget Geeks are a fickle breed.
    People are a funny breed aren't they? And I would suggest you just ask the ppl already using it how they like it

Alpha test user feedback is very important to me... and I have yet to have anyone complain that they don't like the App

Have a good weekend!
    03-28-10 07:58 AM
    I'm one of the first alpha testers of Tweetissimo and if you're an avid twitter user like me, you would love it. Having your @mentions pushed to your BlackBerry is brilliant.
    People can indeed say that $50 is a lot to ask, but there is so much more to TBZ than just Tweetissimo. It's a lot like this site with more of a brotherly feel as people are less likely to flame one another.

Just my 0.02.

Cheers
    03-28-10 08:14 AM
    Pretty funny... completely untrue (only those that signed up in the last cpl of days haven't been activated yet), but still funny

100% true..At 50.00 it will never get released until those willing not to pay that price anymore dries up. I have nothing against you or your app..I'm not out to flame...Heck I like you..I'll even buy you a beer if ever in town. It's just the cryptic vague BS answers. Simple question what is the eta of release? Stop avoiding the question. Surely you must have a business plan? The 50.00 is not for the app..It's for forum support, remember? so If the app is so great and everyone praises it..It's either you can't support it, your servers can't, or you just want to charge 50.00 for users to beta test.. Which is great, again I'm not out to flame, I'm happy for you. Charge a hundred and their first born for all I care.

It's the BS unprofessional answers that you give. "I don't want developers having their hands on it"..when for 50.00 for all you know you gave access to terrorists. And don't say it's for forum support either, when you barely put effort into it. You have an average post count of 40 per thread, the news gets updated as much as Rosie O'donnell gets on a treadmill, I don't see any access or development to any other apps since you mentioned this one last Sept... however for every 1500 in your pocket you give away a 200.00 BB which is nice on your part.

So we ask again..When will we see a larger (preferably for a lesser fee) alpha,beta,zeta,prerelease,release,unofficial.. whatever you wish to call it group?
    Last edited by hudss; 03-28-10 at 04:38 PM.
    03-28-10 04:20 PM
    100% true..I have nothing against you or your app..I'm not out to flame...Heck I like you..I'll even buy you a beer if ever in town. It's just the cryptic vague BS answers. Simple question what is the eta of release? Stop avoiding the question. If the app is so great and everyone praises it..It's either you can't support it, your servers can't, or you just want to charge 50.00 for users to beta text.. Which is great, again I'm not out to flame, I'm happy for you. Charge a hundred and their first born for all I care.

It's the BS unprofessional answers that you give. "I don't want developers having their hands on it"..when for 50.00 for all you know you gave access to terrorists. And don't say it's for forum support either, when you barely put effort into it. You have an average post count of 40 per thread, the news gets updated as much as Rosie O'donnell gets on a treadmill, I don't see any access or development to any other apps since you mentioned this one last Sept... however for every 1500 in your pocket you give away a 200.00 BB which is nice on your part.

So we ask again..When will we see a larger (preferably for a lesser fee) alpha,beta,zeta,prerelease,release,unofficial.. whatever you wish to call it group?
    Cryptic vague answers? I haven't answered when release date will be because I do not have a scheduled release date! Nor am I setting one at this time! How is that being vague? And why? Because I'm still developing the damn thing. Simple as that. When i am happy with it, and think it's ready, I will release it to all members of TBZ. That is all. As for everything else you mentioned, you're entitled to your opinions.

Oh, and not that it's any of your business, but I've refused multiple ppl VIP access because of bad reports about them...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    03-28-10 04:31 PM
    100% true..At 50.00 it will never get released until those willing not to pay that price anymore dries up. I have nothing against you or your app..I'm not out to flame...Heck I like you..I'll even buy you a beer if ever in town. It's just the cryptic vague BS answers. Simple question what is the eta of release? Stop avoiding the question. Surely you must have a business plan? The 50.00 is not for the app..It's for forum support, remember? so If the app is so great and everyone praises it..It's either you can't support it, your servers can't, or you just want to charge 50.00 for users to beta test.. Which is great, again I'm not out to flame, I'm happy for you. Charge a hundred and their first born for all I care.

Look, you gotta relax. He's on twitter all the time letting others know about updates to the program. No one is forcing you to become a member of TBZ VIP. And I don't think he's a dbag like the socialscope people. He didn't give you access to the program to test it and then not update you or take it away. The program will come out when its ready. Hopefully that will be sometime soon, as what I see from other users of it on twitter seem to be mainly positive.

I decided not to get a VIP membership on TBZ. My choice; things are tight budgetwise, and the only positive I saw in membership was access to tweetissimo, which to me was not worth the 50 bucks just for that. I don't want the chance to win another blackberry device, I don't really want all the other stuff thats offered. Would be nice to have another bulletin board to go to, but its not the end of the world. I am a regular TBZ member, and if I get the chance to buy tweetissimo for a reasonable price, then so be it.

That said, britishturbo, you just have to realize that the people of socialscope really did a number on the trust of developers by others, especially the developer of a twitter client. It takes some showing to get the trust of us consumers. I appreciate your comments in this thread and on twitter on your program developments, and keep up the hard work. Hopefully we will get to see a finished product soon.
    03-28-10 05:43 PM
    Look, you gotta relax. He's on twitter all the time letting others know about updates to the program. No one is forcing you to become a member of TBZ VIP. And I don't think he's a dbag like the socialscope people. He didn't give you access to the program to test it and then not update you or take it away. The program will come out when its ready. Hopefully that will be sometime soon, as what I see from other users of it on twitter seem to be mainly positive.

I decided not to get a VIP membership on TBZ. My choice; things are tight budgetwise, and the only positive I saw in membership was access to tweetissimo, which to me was not worth the 50 bucks just for that. I don't want the chance to win another blackberry device, I don't really want all the other stuff thats offered. Would be nice to have another bulletin board to go to, but its not the end of the world. I am a regular TBZ member, and if I get the chance to buy tweetissimo for a reasonable price, then so be it.

That said, britishturbo, you just have to realize that the people of socialscope really did a number on the trust of developers by others, especially the developer of a twitter client. It takes some showing to get the trust of us consumers. I appreciate your comments in this thread and on twitter on your program developments, and keep up the hard work. Hopefully we will get to see a finished product soon.
    Hey man, I totally understand where ppl are coming from with some other devs... heck my SS account got upgraded for 5 mins until they saw it was mine... then it was downgrade city... and someone else gave me an account and what do you know, 1 day later it got downgraded also... quite frustrating...

I try not to be like that, and I always try my best to answer any question anyone has... ah well, you can't please everyone you know?

Have a good one.

But
    03-28-10 05:48 PM
    Also, for everyone getting all upset about the $50 vip fee... it gets you more than just Issimo. People who sign up for VIP have a chance to win a brand new blackberry(Thats how I got my Storm2), and there are other perks as well... but it's kind of like fight club. You do not talk about it outside of VIP.

Also, as an early issimo user it is by far the best twitter app out there. BT is even more responsive than Paul(@CodeWarden) when it comes to feedback and most of us VIPs know how to contact him directly if there are issues.

I love my push twitter, and give huge props to BT for shoving through a bunch of BS that happened to put out an incredibley awesome app.
    03-28-10 09:31 PM
    And we still wait for the first twitter app with push mentions. Looks like ubertwitter will be the first later this month. That is what I've heard, not sure how true it is though
    04-07-10 10:46 PM
    And we still wait for the first twitter app with push mentions. Looks like ubertwitter will be the first later this month. That is what I've heard, not sure how true it is though
    Really? That's funny cause Tweetissimo has had push mentions for a long time now... it was first Just saying
    04-07-10 11:50 PM
    Really? That's funny cause Tweetissimo has had push mentions for a long time now... it was first Just saying
    Nope, there have yet to be any twitter clients released with push mentions yet actually. Judging by how long yours has been in the state it is now, I don't see it actually coming out anytime soon. So I will wait for the 1st to actually release their's. Hopefully Uber by the end of the month
    04-08-10 12:39 AM
    Nope, there have yet to be any twitter clients released with push mentions yet actually. Judging by how long yours has been in the state it is now, I don't see it actually coming out anytime soon. So I will wait for the 1st to actually release their's. Hopefully Uber by the end of the month
    I'm pretty sure the hundreds of ppl testing it right now would beg to differ... Just because you don't have it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist

And judging by how long mine has been in the state it is? Yeah, you obviously have no idea... but that's ok.
    04-08-10 12:53 AM
    *slowly backing out of thread*

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-08-10 01:08 AM
    People that don't know anything should not be allowed to speak.

That is all I will say.
    04-08-10 02:29 AM
    I agree as of now no twitter client has been released with push, as for issimo i dont consider it released as you have it vip only and vip has a $50 price tag which if you only want the app is ridiculous if and when you release it available to the public hopefully for less than $50 i will consider it "released" and if ubertwitter comes out with push end of month and issimo is still in vip only form i will consider it first client to be released with push.

This is not intended to attack the way you are doing things, if i was able to drop $50 anytime soon i would have became a member as well, but i have priorities right now like spending that $50 on things for my son whose soon to be born
    Last edited by lurch81; 04-08-10 at 02:36 AM.
    04-08-10 02:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure the hundreds of ppl testing it right now would beg to differ... Just because you don't have it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist

And judging by how long mine has been in the state it is? Yeah, you obviously have no idea... but that's ok.
    People that don't know anything should not be allowed to speak.

That is all I will say.
    I think his point was that it hasn't been released. In testing or in use by a select group outside of public use does not equate to having been released. For all intents and purposes, it hasn't even reached Release Candidate status.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 04-08-10 at 05:56 AM.
    04-08-10 05:52 AM
    And we still wait...
    06-22-10 01:34 AM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD