I just took the VIP plunge to see what Tweetissimo is all about.

The $50. isn't too big a deal...I've spent a lot more and wound up with a lot less before.
    03-21-10 07:17 PM
    Hello all, I'm a tweetissimo user and I gotta tell you there is nothing like it out there, not to mention that it gets steady updates and @britishturbo actually listens to your feedback and questions not like other devs.
    Tweetissimo is a stellar app! You will NOT be sorry if you get it!

Follow me @picklejuice on Twitter
    03-21-10 08:33 PM
    I just wanna say thanks to everyone that is using and is happy with Tweetissimo

I'm a one man show when it comes to doing the work on the app and servers behind the scenes. I had some devs working on the project for me last year, but they lost interest when I asked them to share the source code for the app.
    This lead me to having to start from scratch in January with both the app and server side of things! And on top of that, this is my first Java app... how crazy must I be for taking on such a huge project? haha

It's all the kind words and support of the users and friends of mine that keep me going...

So to all of you, Cheers!
    03-21-10 08:39 PM

Anyway, the main reason you won;t find any screenshots of Issimo, is because it has a lot of things that you won't see in other BB twitter apps, and I do not want the other apps to take my ideas before the world even gets a chance to see them Is that so bad?

A
    So..what's stopping developers from coughing up the 50.00 and getting their hands on it themselves?

seeing how Rim introduced push services to developers and uber already twitting that it's coming..IMHO since everyone seems to rave about your app..If not a public release then maybe a bit more info.
    Last edited by hudss; 03-21-10 at 11:41 PM.
    03-21-10 11:35 PM
    Also,

Something to think about... while it's fantastic that RIM has opened up the PUSH API for all devs... it's still not 100% open... there is a limit on the number of free pushs that you are allowed each day... and this would not be enough for any twitter app without the dev purchasing more push allowance... at a cost...

So don't expect any free push twitter apps... unless the dev want's to make a loss, or it's supported by heavy ads...

Just some food for thought... and no, there is no limit to the number of pushed tweets on Issimo
    well ubertwitter is working on doing push so wont be the only app as $5 will get ad removed and if he gives push to the who paid there u go more will learn to UT not now issimo cause $50 is wack at the end of the day for vip on any forum and to not know if u will get issimo or if u do how long it will take to get to u
    03-22-10 01:23 AM
    So..what's stopping developers from coughing up the 50.00 and getting their hands on it themselves?

seeing how Rim introduced push services to developers and uber already twitting that it's coming..IMHO since everyone seems to rave about your app..If not a public release then maybe a bit more info.

yup man so tru, uber has alot of stuff in it now and with push there cant be much more that issimo has, lol
    03-22-10 01:25 AM
    Just got my Tweetissimo activation tonight and it is everything the people have been saying about it. The push is awesome.
    03-22-10 03:33 AM
    I'm intrigued by this Tweetissimo which I've never heard of prior to this thread..
    03-22-10 06:15 AM
    well ubertwitter is working on doing push so wont be the only app as $5 will get ad removed and if he gives push to the who paid there u go more will learn to UT not now issimo cause $50 is wack at the end of the day for vip on any forum and to not know if u will get issimo or if u do how long it will take to get to u
    Actually all VIP's now should have Issimo...
    And some ppl like to show their support for a site with a vip purchase. That's all up to them

And I hope all twitter aps get push It really is cool stuff when used correctly
    03-22-10 10:24 AM
    im not issimoless anymore XD

push menitons are lightspeed fast XD
    03-22-10 02:21 PM
    I now have issimo and the fact is that within minutes of first using issimo that this program is a game changer. People need to get over the $50. The $50 is optional and provides other benefits other than just the tweetissmo app. I believ over time the VIP benefits will continue to add up. If not, Oh well, I have spent more money for less before when it comes to cell phones, blackberry's and other gadgets.
    03-22-10 02:36 PM
    been using issimo from day one. What can i say it is awesome. the interface is slick and it has some really nice options. The messages intergration is my new favorite thing and of course PUSH cant be beat. You all will see once it goes beta what its about. British has done an excellent job!
    03-22-10 08:25 PM
    When does it go beta roughly britishturbo?
    03-22-10 09:50 PM
    well for all of u who want push just sign up at tbz/pay to be vip and u will get issimo may take awhile if not just wait for ut tho may be awhile tell ut does it so in the end its to what ppl want and are looking for
    03-23-10 01:41 AM
    Signed up..... waiting (patiently? ) for my issimo set up
    03-23-10 11:01 PM
    list updated..a few peeps (sandy) might want to go check it out
    03-23-10 11:57 PM
    list updated..a few peeps (sandy) might want to go check it out
    thank you!
    03-24-10 09:32 PM
    Oh britishturbo! Where are you?!
    03-25-10 02:46 PM
    Oh britishturbo! Where are you?!
    I'm right here... where are you? lol

Btw I leaked screenshots on Twitter tonight if you missed it...
    03-25-10 06:31 PM
    Ubertwitter (Paul) has already planned on adding push alerts, hope this makes it easier for him.
    They're probably pissed. I bet they're going to need to start over to use RIM's api.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 05:34 PM
    ok, i have to take back my harsher comments after reading britishturbo's responses and also the testimonials of some of the people in this thread.... at this moment, i have the payment link for a TBZ VIP Membership bookmarked....

yes i know that there are plenty other advantages to the VIP Membership, but at the current time, im SUPER curious and interested in Tweetissimo - if i could get maybe a guesstimate of how long itd take me to get the program, id sign up immediately, so..... *waits on britishturbo*
    03-27-10 03:09 AM
    ok, i have to take back my harsher comments after reading britishturbo's responses and also the testimonials of some of the people in this thread.... at this moment, i have the payment link for a TBZ VIP Membership bookmarked....

yes i know that there are plenty other advantages to the VIP Membership, but at the current time, im SUPER curious and interested in Tweetissimo - if i could get maybe a guesstimate of how long itd take me to get the program, id sign up immediately, so..... *waits on britishturbo*
    Hi there,

Anyone that signs up on or before this weekend will get access to Tweetissimo this weekend... That's the plan at least lol.
    Glad you're curious Have a good weekend!
    03-27-10 06:56 AM
    with those still paying 50 bucks a pop...you'll see a socialscope invite first..
    03-28-10 01:45 AM
    I really hope Tweetissimo makes it's beta/early-adopters really really happy. Sure, the $50 is supposed to give other advantages on their site and forums (really, good luck with that), however unless Tweetissimo functionality and support is 100% satisfactory to all users prior to and up to official release, I foresee holy **** raining down at the slightest hiccup (look at SS and their business model which has yet to charge a dime). The moment one user feels slighted after ploppin down 50 bones for VIP, regardless that it's for the website/forum benefits, they're gonna interpret it as $50 they paid for a Twitter App.

As well too... after the app becomes public, unless there's a stiff price tag on it, early adopters are going to be upset when they see what new users are paying for it vs what they paid for it.

I'm not baggin the VIP program promoted. Just forewarning consumer perception in the future. Gadget Geeks are a fickle breed.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 03-28-10 at 05:37 AM.
    03-28-10 05:33 AM
    Hi there,

Anyone that signs up on or before this weekend will get access to Tweetissimo this weekend... That's the plan at least lol.
    Glad you're curious Have a good weekend!
    Just signed up for Tweetissimo. So, hopefully I'll get it soon enough.

Cheers.
    03-28-10 06:22 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD