Hi, I'm the owner of The BlackBerry Zone and the developer of Tweetissimo.
    Tweetissimo is the first BlackBerry Twitter app to have Push mentions, and has done now since last year some time. Has full message box integration... the App doesn't even have to be running and you get pushed tweets and can reply to them from the messages... without touching the app!

Right now TBZ VIP's are my alpha test group. It's a perk they get for being a VIP. If anyone pays the VIP membership just to get Issimo then I guess that's up to them.

Once I'm happy with the development of Issimo, then it will move out of alpha and into Beta testing. At this point it will be available for all members of TBZ. And yes you have to be a member of TBZ to use it, as it uses your TBZ login.

I do often giveaway VIP memberships, just gave away 3 the other day on Twitter... if you wanna follow me it's @britishturbo maybe you'll win one too... lol

Anyway, the main reason you won;t find any screenshots of Issimo, is because it has a lot of things that you won't see in other BB twitter apps, and I do not want the other apps to take my ideas before the world even gets a chance to see them Is that so bad?

Ask Bla1ze (CB staff member) what he thinks of Tweetissimo He's been using it since last year

Enjoy your weekend, and if you have any questions about Issimo just let me know!

P.S. Issimo is actually my first Java App I've ever developed too... nothing like jumping in at the deep end :P
    03-21-10 11:46 AM
    Also,

Something to think about... while it's fantastic that RIM has opened up the PUSH API for all devs... it's still not 100% open... there is a limit on the number of free pushs that you are allowed each day... and this would not be enough for any twitter app without the dev purchasing more push allowance... at a cost...

So don't expect any free push twitter apps... unless the dev want's to make a loss, or it's supported by heavy ads...

Just some food for thought... and no, there is no limit to the number of pushed tweets on Issimo
    03-21-10 11:50 AM
    im one of those special tbz vips and i have to say ive used everything from seesmic to ss to ut and nothing compares
    03-21-10 11:54 AM
    Tweetissimo is the first BlackBerry Twitter app to have Push mentions, and has done now since last year some time. Has full message box integration... the App doesn't even have to be running and you get pushed tweets and can reply to them from the messages... without touching the app!
    It's kind of surprising RIM didn't integrate push into official (well beta) client. Theres definitely a market out there for it especially for those ones out there who set their ubertwitter to update once a minute because they want it instant and then wonder why their battery is dying so quickly :P
    03-21-10 11:55 AM
    Another 'issimo user stepping up. It's a great app, and with push integration, its something that will make Twitter users real happy. I've had it now for a few months, but now I don't have a BlackBerry so I can use the web version but not the app. That is, until BT makes it available for Android )

Follow me on Twitter at Kelly (DROIDBerryMA) on Twitter
    03-21-10 11:56 AM
    Britishturbo has done a great job on Tweetissimo. It is exciting to see the changes with each build. The program is still in beta, and keeping it to his VIP group makes it easier to make changes and respond to feedback/q's. Just in the past week the program has made great strides. There are some great features that are exclusive to tweetissimo. I'm sure he will release the program when it is 100% ready. I don't know why some people have a problem with the process. Don't buy a VIP membership if you don't like. I would pay top dollar for an app were I get such quick replies on questions and feedback.
    03-21-10 11:59 AM
    Great reply BT! I think that pretty much explains it
    03-21-10 11:59 AM
    It's kind of surprising RIM didn't integrate push into official (well beta) client. Theres definitely a market out there for it especially for those ones out there who set their ubertwitter to update once a minute because they want it instant and then wonder why their battery is dying so quickly :P
    I totally agree, my main motivation and inspiration for Issimo back last year was cause of the battery drain from using Socialscope... I love ss, but it's a battery killer!

With Issimo you have a full app there if you need it, but don;t even need the app running for it to integrate the pushed mentions... it's so cool, you never ever miss a mention It's how Twitter on a BB should be... lol

My 9700 lasts about 38 Hrs between charges... with Issimo running on it
    03-21-10 12:01 PM
    Oh, and for those that don't know, Issimo also has a Web version... so you can use it on any browser (i.e. any device) and works very nicely on your desktop/laptop

And yes as was mentioned, the group of Alpha users lets me keep an eye on my changes and makes sure I can see and respond to all feedback
    03-21-10 12:04 PM
    Im a vip, but still issimoless

Can't wait to be added.

Ps: i went ti a dev. Day, and they explained that only the paid developers get to make apps which can use bis-b connection... The same level that has more/limitless push api calls. Is that true?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-10 12:04 PM
    my fav part about issimo (besides push @s of course :-P ) is that british listens to his alpha team and works specifically with those who have it and incorporates EVERYONES ideas, not to mention i get an update every single day without fail.

it will be worth the wait
    03-21-10 12:05 PM
    Im a vip, but still issimoless

Can't wait to be added.

Ps: i went ti a dev. Day, and they explained that only the paid developers get to make apps which can use bis-b connection... The same level that has more/limitless push api calls. Is that true?

Hey man, you should be up and running tonight btw...

But yeah, technically you have to be a BlackBerry alliance member to get access to the BIS-B... but there are ways around this

Issimo let's you use Wifi, BES, BIS, Direct and many more for the connection choice
    03-21-10 12:07 PM
    Tweetissimo has been getting updates like crazy the last couple of days. Its great when a dev wants too hear from you and actually use your input in his App.
    03-21-10 12:08 PM
    another issimo user here.

Wanting to report that it is just as great as everyone else has described it.

An update everyday huh wowthatisrandom.....hmmm think I need to work on my networking skills with BT. lol
    03-21-10 12:15 PM
    I totally agree, my main motivation and inspiration for Issimo back last year was cause of the battery drain from using Socialscope... I love ss, but it's a battery killer!

With Issimo you have a full app there if you need it, but don;t even need the app running for it to integrate the pushed mentions... it's so cool, you never ever miss a mention It's how Twitter on a BB should be... lol
    RIM had a good idea with the DM integration into the message list with the official client, but they should have included mentions. Ive also seen the official (beta) set to update every 5 minutes eat a battery down to 30% from 100% within hours (on a 8900).

Good job, you've got a lot of peoples attention now As Im sure the attention of devs of other twitter apps.
    03-21-10 12:16 PM
    I wish it wasn't such a steep price I would love to jump in and be a VIP but funds aren't there to spend 50$ for not much else than tweetissimo yes you get other perks but I don't see the justification for 50$

03-21-10 12:21 PM
    another issimo user here.

Wanting to report that it is just as great as everyone else has described it.

An update everyday huh wowthatisrandom.....hmmm think I need to work on my networking skills with BT. lol
    Go check the thread in the VIP forum
    03-21-10 12:23 PM
    I wish it wasn't such a steep price I would love to jump in and be a VIP but funds aren't there to spend 50$ for not much else than tweetissimo yes you get other perks but I don't see the justification for 50$

I can totally understand that
    And keep your eye out, often I have one day sales where I drop the price down. Plus I've given away about 20 or 30 VIP memberships if not more...
    03-21-10 12:27 PM
    As a Tweetissimo (Issimo) user since it was released to the first wave of the alpha group, I can say that Issimo is a game changer. There is no current twitter app for the BB that can compare to it and the features it offers. Throughout the entire developmental process of Issimo, BT has listened to each and every one of our suggestions and has helped to remedy any problems that we may be having. Also BT has surprised me time and time again with the many revisions (there's been a lot just this past week alone) that he has done to the app to not only make the app stable but also compatible with many different devices. Take for example, One night I mentioned to BT about using Issimo on my PS3 as a joke, within a few hours I was able to do so. Show me another twitter client and developer that would do that. I've been using the Droid as my primary device and Issimo is one of the only things left on BB that keeps me carrying my S2 around with me all the time.
    03-21-10 12:32 PM
    Hello all, I'm a tweetissimo user and I gotta tell you there is nothing like it out there, not to mention that it gets steady updates and @britishturbo actually listens to your feedback and questions not like other devs.
    03-21-10 12:47 PM
    Another happy tweetissimo user here
    03-21-10 12:53 PM
    Well i'm really glad to hear about TBZ, britishturbo, and his responsiveness. I see he's learning from the mistakes of the socialscope guys and being an active developer.

I hope britishturbo does not take my original post as an insult to him, and I apologize if he did. While I still think $50 is a hefty price, I never said it was unfair because tweetissimo is his creation, and he has every right to do that. Maybe I will get lucky and be around when there are reduced price VIP memberships, or maybe even be really, really lucky and win a VIP. But, if what I am hearing from this thread is true, and neither of the above happen for me, then I will be happy to wait for a beta build as I am a TBZ regular member.

Again, I hope no one took what I had said earlier as an insult or complaint, just maybe a bit of skepticism after being burned by the socialscope guys. I'm glad to see that some Blackberry program developers actually work with their testers, and if tweetissimo is a big success when it is completed that it won't be his last program. Maybe he can take a stab at a good Facebook app too.
    03-21-10 01:10 PM
    Hey man, you should be up and running tonight btw...

But yeah, technically you have to be a BlackBerry alliance member to get access to the BIS-B... but there are ways around this

Issimo let's you use Wifi, BES, BIS, Direct and many more for the connection choice
    Good to know xD maybe you can share some knowledge in the vips forums? I was intrested in getting into bb development, but no bis-b withous 2000 a year... Kinda put me off... Specially cause no bis-b means no unlimited internet in my country

Ps: can't wait for tonight xD

03-21-10 01:13 PM
    Good to know xD maybe you can share some knowledge in the vips forums? I was intrested in getting into bb development, but no bis-b withous 2000 a year... Kinda put me off... Specially cause no bis-b means no unlimited internet in my country

Ps: can't wait for tonight xD

Sure man, I'm sure I can do that
    Yeah I had to do a lot of work to get the connection stuff working with the Euorpean countries... they mainly use BIS-B
    03-21-10 02:01 PM
    Well, now my interest is piqued in Tweetissimo. Message list integration is what I'm craving (switched to Yatca for this reason) but it sounds like Tweetissimo's implementation may be better. I'd love to try it, except for the $50 fee. lol

I think people's hesitance over the "secrecy" around 'Issimo comes from SocialScope... that app, while very good, hasn't done itself any favors thanks to its obtuse sign-up (and wait, and wait) process. I think people may perceive 'Issimo in the same light.

Guess I'm waiting until Tweetissimo becomes available for trial / sale, or until Ubertwitter gets Message List integration.
    03-21-10 03:59 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD