Is there a twitter client that has a banner notification icon for new tweets/direct messages/@replies etc?

I currently use UberTwitter which shows notification on the app icon, but I'm looking for one that features an icon in the banner.
    06-04-09 04:39 PM
    Yatca does what you're looking for....Yatca
    06-04-09 06:28 PM
    I have an 8330 so YATCA won't work for me..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 06:30 PM
    Socialscope

06-04-09 06:34 PM
    I have been waiting 4 months for an invite...appearently they have stopped giving out invites...

06-04-09 06:39 PM
    I hate it when people bring up closed beta apps. It doesn't help anyone.

06-04-09 06:56 PM
    I don't know why the feature I'm seeking isn't part of every twitter client...

06-04-09 06:57 PM
    when you said banner notification icon did you mean the little icon shows up right under the clock? i believe the only apps that do that are those developed by rim, because i've noticed the third party type apps that do it on my phone are gtalk, aim, and facebook - all of which were developed by rim.

socialscope doesn't have the banner notification, it does have a little star next to it when you get an update (or however you set it to notify you), but no banner notification... at least on my phone.
    06-04-09 07:11 PM
    Tweetgenius does, but it's not free. You can, incidentally, use it on 83xx (I did on my 8300 before I upgraded to an 8220), but it has the notification icon (which is what I think you're talking about).

But, once again it's not free.
    06-04-09 09:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure this is a feature planned for a later version of ubertwitter, or at least was on their to-do list. I was hoping it would have come in the last or upcoming update, but it looks like we will have to wait for another update...
    06-05-09 02:17 AM
    YATCA does have it. But I wouldn't call it a twitter app. It is a very basic client that doesn't have a lot of other functionality.

Also beejive can display a banner icon so it isn't just rim apps that can do that.

06-05-09 07:47 AM
    Twitterberry's developer recently tweeted that TB will have notifications "soon".
    06-05-09 08:21 AM
    TweetGenius only does it for direct messages and mentions. Not when new timeline tweets are received.
    Tweetgenius does, but it's not free. You can, incidentally, use it on 83xx (I did on my 8300 before I upgraded to an 8220), but it has the notification icon (which is what I think you're talking about).

But, once again it's not free.
    06-05-09 01:56 PM
    So as of right now there is NOT a twitter client that notifies the user of new time line updates via a banner icon?
    06-05-09 01:58 PM
    So as of right now there is NOT a twitter client that notifies the user of new time line updates via a banner icon?
    I think someone said that Tweetgenius does. I don't know, I have not tried it.
    06-05-09 02:06 PM
    I've tried twitterberry, ubertwitter, and now using TweetGenius. None of them did the time line update via banner icon. TweetGenius puts a "*" on the app icon when the time line has been update, but no banner icon.
    06-05-09 02:55 PM
    You won't get any banner notifications on your 8330. I get them from Socialscope and TweetGenus on my Storm, but they are a no go on my 8330.
    06-05-09 03:13 PM
    Yatca does for timeline updates, at least it does on the Bold. Not sure about the Curve.
    06-19-09 07:44 AM
    I think we should email Ubertwitter developer , suggest them to add the small Icon Banner like Yatca did, of how many twitts we have.
    06-19-09 10:06 AM
    It sounds like several of you have tried the different apps for twitter. In your opinion, which is the best for 8310?
    06-22-09 07:31 AM
    I greatly prefer UberTwitter. It has a clean, easy to use, feature rich and fast interface. I have tried most of the twitter clients and come back to Uber everytime.

06-22-09 07:38 AM
    Twitterberry's developer recently tweeted that TB will have notifications "soon".
    The new version of TwitterBerry has audio notification, but no visual notification.
    06-23-09 07:45 PM
    Socialscope

Social Scope only has a ribbon alert on the Bold..and newer 4.6 devices.
    06-23-09 09:14 PM
    twitterberry .9 has banner notifications
    08-03-09 12:59 PM
    twitterberry .9 has banner notifications
    I'm fairly certain that you are mistaken, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Could you post a screen shot of a new tweet banner notification from TwitterBerry? Google for CaptureIt for the screen shot.
    08-03-09 01:01 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD