On March 10th Bla1ze posted on the blogs the photo of official twitter client for BlackBerry that said it is coming out soon? Soon has passed, so what's going on? Probably a dumb question, 'cause no one knows, and if they do prob won't post. What are your thoughts then? haha
    03-22-10 11:26 PM
    The leaked version says it expires at the end of the month...what that may mean, I don't know.
    03-22-10 11:33 PM
    The OEM twitter client was release to a few of us to use before official release. Do you not think it's possible that maybe there are some bugs that have to be attended to before official release? Hopes of an earlier release, maybe, however things change, problems occur. Just know when release, you will have a more refined app than what it started off with.
    03-23-10 07:18 AM
    Screw the twitter app.... I mean it would be great if they were putting out an app that was better than Uber, but we already know that it is NOT.... what we really need is a FACEBOOK app that is worth a $&%#@. I mean c'mon RIM, we have been using this horrible piece of crap FB app for too long. FB is the most visited website on the internet, yet our app is probably one of the worst available....
    03-23-10 09:31 AM
    Yea I got the beta release from RIM along with many others and it has a lot of potential. I guess I figured when they released that information of "soon" they had it all worked out and just working on minor things that couldn't affect the app itself. O well, just being patient haha.

Yes RIM's Facebook app is the worst on the planet, but I have to believe they are working on a good one. We have waited too long for a good FB app. I'll take Apple's FB app for $500 haha. not really.
    03-23-10 10:47 AM
    Yeah our facebook app is a complete joke, and it boggles my mind how it is taking them this long to even release an update... but by this long we should have a completely new build.
    03-23-10 11:41 AM
    I sincerely hope it releases before the 3/31 cut off. I love it, even in its beta form. While it isn't as robust as some of the 3rd party Twitter clients, for me it doesn't cause the battery drain, memory leaks and all out performance slowdowns.
    03-23-10 12:33 PM
    Yea I'm loving the beta. Need a lot more options though. SocialScope (I know people have drama problems with the program) is the best social client out there, so Twitter for BlackBerry adds a bunch of options and features to compete and I'll see how it does. I guess only 8 days left to find out.....

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-23-10 12:37 PM
    Screw the twitter app.... I mean it would be great if they were putting out an app that was better than Uber, but we already know that it is NOT.... what we really need is a FACEBOOK app that is worth a $&%#@. I mean c'mon RIM, we have been using this horrible piece of crap FB app for too long. FB is the most visited website on the internet, yet our app is probably one of the worst available....
    +1
    10 char...
    03-23-10 12:41 PM
    I just want push @replies!!! I have the Twitter for BlackBerry and there is alot missing in my opinion. I do love the looks of the app though probably more than any other twitter app for BlackBerry. Ill be sticking with SocialScope for now.
    03-23-10 12:54 PM
    Let's not forget RIM opened up the ability to utilize push notifications to developers recently, right? And IIRC, Ubertwitter already stated they are working on an update to utilize push.

I think this will almost make RIM's native offering completely moot unless they come up with some sort of awesome functionality that we don't have in Uber or any of the other apps.
    03-23-10 01:02 PM
    Weird Timing, It was just posted that Twitter for BlackBerry is going to be coming out on March 31st to the public. Should I start a thread saying "When will the Slider come out" so we can get a release date on that? haha
    03-23-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD