I went to my profile settings page and found "Twitter - Direct Messages" and "Twitter - Mentions". I set direct messages to "none" and set mentions to "Tone" and selected the ringtone and everything, but when I get a mention, I see the notification icon, but there is no sound whatsoever. How come? Anyone know why?
    04-14-10 02:57 PM
    I just got the blinking LED thingy whenever a tweet came in. Well, I tried it out and I tried to like the whole tweet thing, but just don't see a need for it.
    04-14-10 03:09 PM
    I went to my profile settings page and found "Twitter - Direct Messages" and "Twitter - Mentions". I set direct messages to "none" and set mentions to "Tone" and selected the ringtone and everything, but when I get a mention, I see the notification icon, but there is no sound whatsoever. How come? Anyone know why?
    Make sure the sound isn't on silent and if you're using a holster make sure
    you set the sound to "Always"
    04-14-10 03:13 PM
    Make sure the sound isn't on silent and if you're using a holster make sure
    you set the sound to "Always"
    Sound's definitely not on silent and I'm not using a holster.

I'm not even getting LED flashing...
    04-14-10 03:18 PM
    I just got the blinking LED thingy whenever a tweet came in. Well, I tried it out and I tried to like the whole tweet thing, but just don't see a need for it.
    I know what you mean -- been there.

Twitter is like an open chat room. You choose who's in your chat room by "following" them. So, you follow your friends, they follow you back, and you all get to chat openly. It's also nice for expressing yourself and sharing information. If you don't know anybody on Twitter and you're not a celebrity, it's probably not gonna have any use to you.
    04-14-10 03:24 PM
    Right. I'm good with it for now, but who knows in the future.
    04-14-10 04:00 PM
    I am having the same problem.....I get no sound but I have plenty of people that send out tweets but dont have any sound
    04-16-10 08:20 PM
    Well it is a beta right? I'm sure it will get better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 08:50 PM
    Yeah, I think this is because it's beta. I guess we just gotta wait for them to fix it in future releases.
    04-17-10 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD