Everytime I exit the twitter app, and it takes me back to the messages app, I click back, but it freezes for a good 3-5 seconds before finally going to the home screen.

I am running the leaked version.
    I was just wondering if this issue is normal for the non leaked users as well.

I know it's still in beta, and it (hopefully) will be fixed, but it's really annoying.
    Especially since I can't get notified on @replies

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-10 03:39 PM
    yes this happens to me i got really tired of it. im just gonna wait and see whats happens but i am back using ss
    02-22-10 04:35 PM
    I won an invite to the Beta and have been using this for day now without any issues. I'm running version 1.0.0.28 on an 8530 with the latest official release. Frankly, my experience so far is much better than the early reviews led me to believe. Runs fast, no lag, updates quickly, integrates into native OS almost as well as you'd expect and there's no appreciable battery or memory leak. My only complaints so far is that it doesn't indicate how many new tweets are there or differentiate between new & read tweets. This is definitely on par with Ubertwitter in most respects.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-22-10 07:24 PM
    Actually new tweets have a solid line separating them and older ones have a broken line. Something that stands out a little more would be nice.

02-22-10 07:41 PM
    Actually new tweets have a solid line separating them and older ones have a broken line. Something that stands out a little more would be nice.

Are we using the same version of the twitter app? I went back and checked mine again and for the life of me I can't see any solid lines separating new tweets. Whatever one is hightlighted shows blue in contrast to the next, but that's it. I checked settings and it doesn't seem to have an option for this - any suggestions?

02-23-10 06:44 AM
    Yeah, I can't see it either. With Uber, if you leave it running, your cursor stays on the last viewed, right. But with Twitter, if you shut down (since you can wait for push notification), when you open up, it always takes you to the most recent one.

For the life of me, I don't see a solid line in the Twitter app. If they could cut down on real estate usage, give me more flexibility with font size, could show the client used up front, could put a number next to the red asterisk, I would be more likely to use it regularly. What I find myself doing right now is (with Uber set to refresh every 15 minutes) is leave Uber running, but watch for push notification from Twitter (in between each 15 min Uber update), and then going into Uber to read (and then having to open Twitter to clear the notification).

Seems bass ackwards. I am more likely (unless Twitter is somewhat signficantly updated) to upgrade to the pay version of Uber than to stick with Twitter after the Beta is done.
    02-23-10 08:15 AM
    using the beta from rim w a code and i cant tell any solid or broken line, but agree need more real estate (get rid of the top that says twitter) move everything up reduce fonts, add shortcuts and @ mentions etc - believe this first version was a base test for their servers with more options to come. so far im liking it
    02-23-10 09:07 AM
    I jsut downlaoded this for my 9700 and it runs great. I don't have any lag or memory leakage.
    02-23-10 11:36 AM
    Why you don't use "uebertwitter"?
    02-23-10 11:41 AM
    no issue for me, exept sometime I press Menu-Close and the app stay opened, need to do this 2 or 3 time to be sure that the app is really closed.
    02-25-10 02:15 PM
    Are we using the same version of the twitter app? I went back and checked mine again and for the life of me I can't see any solid lines separating new tweets. Whatever one is hightlighted shows blue in contrast to the next, but that's it. I checked settings and it doesn't seem to have an option for this - any suggestions?

I've been watching this closely and sometimes I get the solid line (and there have been posts in other threads that other people get them too) that separates old tweets from new, and sometimes I don't. They definitely need to address this issue cuz it doesn't always show up and it isn't visible enuff.

02-25-10 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD