My Boss is entertainment-
    Which means she's busy, and has no time for excuses.

You guys ever watch the Devil's wear Prada? Anne Hathaway got that harry potter manuscript. Please help me get that Harry Potter Manuscript!!!

Her blackberry is a jail broken device, and it won't download twitter & beejive correctly. I downloaded Twitter, the screen said DOWNLOAD COMPLETE- and then it told me to hold down a button (I forget which)- which would bring me back to homescreen. Now I'm back to the home screen, but the twitter Icon is gone!

What should I do? What can the problem be?
    05-07-12 03:26 PM
    Umm...what?
    05-07-12 03:31 PM
    Sorry- I'm in hot water.

The problem is that the blackberry is jailbroken. Will a jailbroken berry have a harder time installing apps like twitter & beejive (IM app)?

Where can I go to get someone else to do this for me (I'm smartphone stupid)?

Am I obviously overlooking something simple?
    05-07-12 04:06 PM
    kinda sounds like you are trolling all of us
    05-07-12 07:51 PM
    dont think there is such a thing as a jailbroken blackberry, especially if it is a bold 9790. try and see if you have blackberry App world on it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    05-08-12 02:26 AM
    My mistake:

Here it is-

I have all the papers in front of me, I promise I'm not trolling. I'm just ******** when it comes to blackberries.

It's a curve 9300, so I guess- I'm sorry,wrong thread.

It wasn't bought from at&t which is her service provider. The guy who handed it to me told me it was jailbroken-

It's extremely slow, won't connect to app world-

Literally- all I want to happen on the phone is to get twitter & beejive (instant messaging).

Sorry for the confusion guys- I swear I'm not pullin a fast one. I would make a profile for this site if I didn't have to.
    05-08-12 09:04 AM
    Ok, its not jailbroken, its unlocked. This allows a phone from one carrier to be used on a different carrier, it shouldn't affect the performance of the phone unless it is being used on a carrier that doesn't support its networks. For example, the Bold 9900 and the Bold 9930 although the "same" phone, run on different networks. So that may be one of your problems. Other than that, it could be that your boss doesn't have a data plan on her phone, or that AT&T still differentiates between Data and BlackBerry Data.

Also, once setup properly with correct networks and data plans, she will need to create a BlackBerryID in order to download from App World.

Hope some of this helps.
    05-09-12 11:32 AM
    If device was not new there may be it policy.
    Use bbsak and make wipe. After that you can install new OS on blackberry.
    05-10-12 02:02 AM
    If device was not new there may be it policy.
    Use bbsak and make wipe. After that you can install new OS on blackberry.
    Try to do it.
    05-10-12 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD