I haven't seen one of these for a while and since many of the favorite Twitter apps for BB have been updated, I thought we'd see where people stand as far as loyalty to their favorite Twitter apps.

Let's say these are the main apps battling it out...

Twitter for BlackBerry (aka T4BB)
    UberTwitter
    SocialScope
    Tweetissimo
    Vodafone Update

Any others, feel free to make a case for them.

Here is how I rank them in my book:

1. SocialScope - strengths - great Facebook integration, nice simple UI, easy to update. Weaknesses - still in Beta? Fail! and it loads automatically after every reboot. Sort of annoying.

2. UberTwitter - GREAT looking UI, the best functionality and options, very easy and fun to use. Weaknesses - too many menu options? hmm.

3. Tweetissimo - push notifications! So nice having that. Weaknesses - must be a VIP at themobizone.com to get it - $50 price tag - ouch!

4. Vodafone Update - clean, simple, Facebook and LinkedIn integration. Weaknesses - doesn't work for touchscreen devices.

5. T4BB - not many bells and whistles, but gets the job done and no real battery drain, and sort of push notifications? Weaknesses - UI isn't anything to write home about, not a ton of features.

I know this is pretty debated...any many of you couldn't care less. But, if any of you like me keep 3, 4 or 5 Twitter apps on your BB because you like certain features on each of them, let us know which takes the cake and why.
    12-01-10 05:46 PM
    Well I've only used uber and t4bb so that doesn't give me the right to bash others. I can say I don't like t4bb. I like being able to open twitter and it opens where I left off. Since getting a Bold coming from storm2 it doesn't do that anymore but I figure its an error since I have leaked os6 loaded. With that being the only issue I have with uber and its newly released version out of beta its awesome! I don't need it to have facebook in it I already use and love the fb4bb app! But being able to post from twitter is a bonus! Love ubertwitter!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 07:44 PM
    I know this is pretty debated...any many of you couldn't care less. But, if any of you like me keep 3, 4 or 5 Twitter apps on your BB because you like certain features on each of them, let us know which takes the cake and why.
    You and I think alike. I also keep more than one twitter app on my phone because of certain features each one has. Your rankings are similar to what mine are:

1. Socialscope: best integration of twitter, facebook, and foursquare..loaded with twitter features (twitlonger, @name completion, muter users/keywords); bad thing is it's still in private beta

2. Ubertwitter: also loaded with features and I love the UI (option for color themes), but I hate all the menu options

3. Tweetissimo: I also love the UI, but it is missing so many features (search doesn't work, no @name completion, no twitlonger), and yes it requires you to be a VIP member of TheMobizone.com for $50 (sometimes it's on sale for $20)

4. Seesmic: I actually like this UI also, but again, it is missing the same features as Tweetissimo

Those are the only four that I've used on my Torch..I find myself switching between Uber and Socialscope a lot!
    12-01-10 07:58 PM
    Mine would be

1) SocialScope - easy to use, nice interface and feature set
    2) T4BB - clean and simple UI
    3) UberTwitter - loads of features but a total PITA to set up.

Mind you, I only use these for Twitter. I don't and never will be on Facebook
    or Foursquare.
    12-01-10 08:13 PM
    [QUOTE=ladyc0524;5827842]You and I think alike. I also keep more than one twitter app on my phone because of certain features each one has. Your rankings are similar to what mine are:

1. Socialscope: best integration of twitter, facebook, and foursquare..loaded with twitter features (twitlonger, @name completion, muter users/keywords); bad thing is it's still in private beta

2. Ubertwitter: also loaded with features and I love the UI (option for color themes), but I hate all the menu options
    [QUOTE=ladyc0524;5827842]

I agree with everything you said about these two .. Love social Scope , but I find myself using Ubertwitter most its just much faster

I also love twitter 4 BB for its push functions and its awesome on battery life

12-01-10 08:15 PM
    Lol pardon for the mess of a double post I've created .. Using my mobile web .. Sorry guys

12-01-10 08:17 PM
    issimo by far the winner for BB and android for me. Some of the features listed above are in issimo now also.
    12-01-10 08:25 PM
    I too use a few twitter apps:

1. Ubertwitter: love the UI and all its features and I love the fact I can customize the background color

2. Vodafone Update: love the fact that I can update facebook and twitter in one. Its simple and the closest thing to SS right now. I actually tried SS and T4BB and wasn't a fan of either

3. Snaptu: I like that its easy.

Believe me I use all three

12-01-10 09:14 PM
    Ubertwitter: UI, very customizable, themes.
    don't like how slow the notification gets to my phone like T4BB. Menu list too long.

Twitter for Blackberry: simple, easy to use, notifcations are quick.
    No memory on last tweet, very plain.

Seesmic: simple, colour are easy on eyes, nice concept too.

I will post a more updated one when I get to my computer

12-02-10 08:30 AM
    I use SocialScope for everything. I can't complain about it with twitter. With facebook my main gripe is that it lacks poke alerts. Yes I still poke people. In fact I have a few poking wars going on with some of my younger relatives which I wouldn't give up on for the world. Add that option in and I will have no complaints for facebook. To those would don't like pokes or don't want to see them, can could always (if pokes ever get added) just take advantage of the fabulous mute option on SS. Foursquare is pretty well setup! I do think it would be nice if we could shout using Update Status. No other way to shout (without checking in)
    12-06-10 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD