SocialScope displays the longer tweet without clicking on any links. Another feature I love about it.
    05-10-11 06:52 AM
    Between the 2 you're asking about I say T4BB. The v2.0 beta is 2 features from perfect to me. 1. bookmarking the last tweet and 2. allowing the use of twitlonger.
    05-10-11 08:25 AM
    Between the 2 you're asking about I say T4BB. The v2.0 beta is 2 features from perfect to me. 1. bookmarking the last tweet and 2. allowing the use of twitlonger.

That's a little confusing...are you saying the v2 T4BB beta DOES bookmark the last tweet and use twitlonger?

I, too, hate that the current released version doesn't do either of those things; I at least want to be able to read long tweets without having to leave the app.

I've been using SocialScope and only have a couple of minor complaints about it.

I have used Ubersocial, but ditched it because huge chunks of tweets were always missing from my timeline for some reason.
    05-10-11 09:02 AM
    In all honesty, the UI on the T4BB is probably alot better now then its ever been, but however, Ubersocial is quick and overall a more complete app for me personally, but if twitter for blackberry was to speed up its loading of new tweets, id be so tempted to use that rather then ubersoc.
    06-24-11 12:51 PM
    I stick with uber because of bookmarking last tweet read, and twit longer. Also dislike the highlight bar being so light and hard to see in bright lighting.
    06-24-11 05:54 PM
    T4BB. I agree Uber has more features, but T4BB performs better and (most importantly) integrates better with the device.
    06-24-11 10:03 PM
    im using twitter for blackberry. prefer the user interface over ubersocial. much neater in my opinion
    06-26-11 06:21 AM
    i like ubersocial b/c i have more than one twitter account, its faster they have diff themes, u can view the pic w/o opening a new window!
    07-06-11 12:29 PM
    I'm torn between the two. I like the UI of T4BB but like the features of UberSocial. Like staying on the last tweet from when you exit and stuff.

Hopefully T4BB can incorporate that one day for the ultimate Twitter app. Til then, UberSoc for me
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-07-11 10:41 AM
    While I had previously seen folks say pressing the red "hang up" key worked to return to the last read tweet, in T4BB - I could never get it to work. With the latest version, it does! I've given up on Uber - it was getting too bloated, and login issues with the 2.x update really did it in, for me.
    07-07-11 11:06 AM
    Not staying on the last tweet was a massive irritant for me but if that's incorporated now I might go grab the beta.

Would like to see the ability to customise the quote tweet format as you could in seesmic for Blackberry so it does conform to the RT @username: Tweet format
    07-07-11 01:28 PM
    No other app does it for me other than UberSoc. Feels more comfortable for me compared to T4BB and Socialscope. It does drain the battery more than the other two but I can live with it.

Wonder what happened to Twitterberry haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-07-11 02:21 PM
    Wonder what happened to Twitterberry haha
    Twitterberry became openbeak when Twitter directed 3rd party client developers to remove Twitter from their apps' names.
    07-08-11 11:50 AM
    since the new update of T4bb i made the switch i wish on the next update it will be able to support mutiple accounts!

Twitterberry became openbeak when Twitter directed 3rd party client developers to remove Twitter from their apps' names.
    if twitter directed 3rd party apps to remove twitter from their name then y is Twitterriffic still Twitterriffic?
    07-09-11 08:07 AM
    if twitter directed 3rd party apps to remove twitter from their name then y is Twitterriffic still Twitterriffic?
    I have no idea. However if you remember back to before UberSocial changed it's name and was UberTwitter it was suspended from accessing the Twitter network for a number of reasons, one of which was the name UberTWITTER.

I believe the other issues were regarding oAuth but the Twitter name was a mjaor reason as well, hence why it's now called UberSocial.

I believe the only official Twitter apps are supposed to use the Twittername in their titles.
    07-09-11 04:57 PM
    SocialScope

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 01:09 AM
    Socialscope.
    07-10-11 06:38 AM
    does anyone know out of the two, which one uses more battery power???
    11-21-11 04:35 PM
    I use both but they have their pros and cons

Twitter for BB:
    Pros:
    *Instant push notifications
    *Cleaner/Brighter look
    *No ads

Cons:
    *limited customization (cant change color)

Ubersocial:
    Pros
    *tweet more that 140 characters
    *change colors/theme
    *preview tweets in notification bar (OS7)
    *access multiple accounts
    *option to automatically shorten tweets

Cons:
    *Slower push notifications
    *drains battery a little faster
    *annoying ads
    Last edited by shemaree09; 11-22-11 at 09:45 PM.
    11-22-11 09:41 PM
    The current T4BB in the beta zone supports multiple accounts with push mentions (regardless of which account is "active").

You can also compose/retweet using an account selector too.

It's a bit buggy at the moment, with the multi account functionality.

On a side not, I'm big Hootsuite fan, wish they'd improve the client.
    11-23-11 03:09 AM
    Actually, I can't find SocialScope app on the app world. Any tips?
    I prefer SocialScope. I joined when UberTwitter got taken down, and SocialScope was giving away invites to anyone who requested one.

I have the latest T4BB beta version, but I have not bothered with UberSocial. I disliked the ads, even when it was UberTwitter.

SocialScope allows one to open at last read Tweet, which is why I prefer it more than the native T4BB.
    06-25-12 04:23 AM
    T4BB Beta. But I prefer SocialScope as it allows for the tabbing of lists.

Actually, I can't find SocialScope app on the app world. Any tips?
    Ask me nicely and I'll send you an invitation (I only have a couple left) .
    Last edited by adamlau; 06-25-12 at 05:08 AM.
    06-25-12 05:03 AM
    T4BB for me. I've tried to like Ubersocial a few times, but it just seems so cluttered. T4BB is definitely more clean.
    08-08-12 08:58 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD