I have both ubersocial and the blackberry twitter app installed on my curve because i wanted too see what app is better but i just cant choose which one to keep and what one to delete?

what twitter app do you guys use and why do you use it over the other?

05-08-11 04:28 PM
    I've not used Ubersocial since it changed it's name. I'm running the latest T4BB beta which does nearly everything I want. The only thing left that I'd like to see in T4BB is to tell me if a user follows me when I'm on their profile.
    05-08-11 05:34 PM
    I actually use both.
    I just hide/sign off of whichever one I'm not using.
    But if I have to pick, I would choose Twitter for Blackberry
    05-08-11 05:37 PM
    I often wondered the answer from others to this questions. My personal best is Ubersocial because it takes me back to the last tweet I read once I exit and go back into the program. The T4BB doesn't do this, you have to start at the beginning and scroll down to where you last read and then scroll all the way back up before leaving the program so that when you re-enter, you are at least at the latest tweet.

IMHO - Ubersocial wins hands down. But everyone has their own opinion, whichever suits you best is the one for you.
    05-08-11 08:40 PM
    i think the T4BB from beta zone wins hands down it looks alot better easier to navigate and set up. faster replies and push notification and @Mark-D if you click on a users profile scroll down a little and if it says compose message that means they follow you .. ubersocial does tell you who retweets you and thats nice though
    05-08-11 08:43 PM
    I use the T4BB. I recently downloaded the beta and think it's a great improvement; however, I cannot for the life of me find the trending topics. Did RIM remove this feature?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 10:27 PM
    I use the T4BB. I recently downloaded the beta and think it's a great improvement; however, I cannot for the life of me find the trending topics. Did RIM remove this feature?

click on the search icon and trending topics should be there
    05-08-11 11:42 PM
    I prefer SocialScope. I joined when UberTwitter got taken down, and SocialScope was giving away invites to anyone who requested one.

I have the latest T4BB beta version, but I have not bothered with UberSocial. I disliked the ads, even when it was UberTwitter.

SocialScope allows one to open at last read Tweet, which is why I prefer it more than the native T4BB.
    05-08-11 11:56 PM
    I am biased since I never used anything other than T4BB... It has everything I need and all the others never really had anything extra that I was really interested in
    05-09-11 12:07 AM
    T4BB all the way
    05-09-11 12:17 AM
    twitter for bb... does everything i need and looks good.

im now using twitter 2.0 and it's sexii.

*moved to the bb apps section*
    05-09-11 12:21 AM
    I use the latest beta version of T4BB. Absolutely awesome
    05-09-11 12:44 AM
    Well ubersocial was pretty nifty if you talk about which one has more features but i also never liked the thought of having an extra icon running in the background regardless of whether its using power or not, unless it really is a necessary thing.

ill stick with the standard t4bb app though
    05-09-11 02:21 AM
    Ubersocial

05-09-11 02:29 AM
    SocialScope is IMO the greatest BB app ever. At least in the top 3 with QL and BerryWeather.
    05-09-11 06:22 AM
    Ive used both T4BB and UberSocial and didnt really like UberSocial just found it too messy prefer the latest beta of the official twitter app.
    05-09-11 07:31 AM
    I prefer Ubersocial because when I open the app, it stays where I left off.

SocialScope is nice too, but you have to wait forever for an invite.
    05-09-11 08:34 AM
    SocialScope is IMO the greatest BB app ever. At least in the top 3 with QL and BerryWeather.
    I used to use Socialscope but found setting the notifications the way I wanted them a complete nightmare. Eventually I got them working ironically by installing a different app but as quick as they started working through making no change in Socialscope itself so they also stopped working just as quick without changing anything in Socialscope itself.
    05-09-11 04:48 PM
    i did like social scope alot but i couldnt figure out how to stop it from draining my battery as fast as it did... if it didnt suck the life out of my batter id probably use that and T4BB
    05-09-11 04:59 PM
    T4BB does not let you tweet longer like Ubersocial does it? if there is a way i would use that.
    05-09-11 06:11 PM
    I have no noticeable battery drain using SocialScope, refresh set to "Auto".

05-09-11 07:26 PM
    I used to use Ubertwitter, then it went down, so I went to Social Scope.

However, I really wanted facebook chat.

Now I use Facebook 2.0 (Beta) and Ubersocial. I also manage four (4) twitter accounts and I don't know if T4BB does that. If it did I might try it.
    05-09-11 08:13 PM
    I use noth. But UberSocial is pack of cool fetures and themes whilst the Twitter for BlackBerry do not. But sticking to the name Twitter for BlackBerry is more appealing.
    05-10-11 01:55 AM
    T4BB does not let you tweet longer like Ubersocial does it? if there is a way i would use that.
    Nothing personally against you but that is one of my bugbears. I want to be able to read tweets within the native apps, not have to click links to read tweets that ignore the character limits. In that case you might as well right a blog and just link to it in the tweet instead.

If I ever see a tweet that's extended I'll just ignore it.
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    05-10-11 04:37 AM
    Ubersocial is much faster than twitter by RIM,i prefer ubersocial.
    05-10-11 05:50 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD