I don't know which twitter app is better. I have a curve 8300 with 4.2.2 OS. And I want to get either Ubertwitter or twitterberry. Can anyone please tell me which one I should get and what makes it better than the other. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bubbakush; 05-09-09 at 02:40 AM.
    05-09-09 02:36 AM
    Use twitterberry here. Works just fine. My friend got me hooked on Twitter a week ago lol.

Last edited by 8310Fan; 05-10-09 at 03:55 AM.
    05-09-09 03:10 AM
    I recently found Ubertwitter, and I like it even better than Twitterberry which I had been using up until I found Ubertwitter
    05-09-09 03:55 AM
    i just installed ubertwitter, i like it soo far
    05-09-09 11:08 AM
    I used TwitterBerry for the longest time but recently switched to UeberTwitter. Since I am on BIS, I had to direct-connect with TCP. You should set the connect setting as Direct TCP, then go to Options > Advanced > TCP and enter your carrier's TCP info.

Just Google <your carrier name> APN settings and see what pops up.

If you are using BIS, TCP is the only officially supported way to go for now.
    05-09-09 11:41 AM
    i am really liking ubertwitter, plus they released Beta 2 yesterday. It's very easy to use and I like their UI~
    05-09-09 11:54 AM
    yeah beta 2 seems to be working awesome for me.
    i just wish it would update my facebook and myspace status as well, lol

guess you cant have everything, lol
    05-09-09 12:30 PM
    I prefer twitter's sms service. I'm not sure what these apps offer than sms doesn't?

05-09-09 01:29 PM
    Thebokonist, they off quite a few more things depending on which app you have. Some of the features are, viewing your followers, following new people, public timeline, friends timeline, viewing the latest trends, gps location, other people tweeting in your immediate location. Too many to list them all.

05-09-09 02:25 PM
    Ubertwitter, I used twitterberry for all of about 5 minutes. Uberberry is far superior IMHO.
    05-09-09 02:49 PM
    ubertwitter for sure...been using it for a little while and it works great-installed the beta 2 yesterday and any feature i wish it had just got added-heavily recommend it! tinytwitter is another good option as well-not the biggest fan of twitterberry...
    05-09-09 03:54 PM
    yeah twitterberry is good for beginners. and people that like to have ther wrong username/password.
    lol
    05-09-09 04:00 PM
    ubertwitter for sure...been using it for a little while and it works great-installed the beta 2 yesterday and any feature i wish it had just got added-heavily recommend it! tinytwitter is another good option as well-not the biggest fan of twitterberry...
    Looks like I'll be going with ubertwitter. Thanks everyone!!

05-09-09 05:04 PM
    Thebokonist, they off quite a few more things depending on which app you have. Some of the features are, viewing your followers, following new people, public timeline, friends timeline, viewing the latest trends, gps location, other people tweeting in your immediate location. Too many to list them all.

Is there any one app that offers ALL of these features, or do some of them offer some and others off others?
    05-09-09 06:38 PM
    I started with twitterberry the updated to uber, which I think is better. Until I got social scope lite. It updates twitter and facebook.

05-09-09 07:37 PM
    Where do you get social scope lite???
    05-09-09 08:23 PM
    I recently found Ubertwitter, and I like it even better than Twitterberry which I had been using up until I found Ubertwitter
    I have a Blackberry Storm. Is this a free app? And do you have to down load BlackBerry App World to get it? I'm sorry, I am a BlackBerry Virgin... lol...
    05-09-09 08:29 PM
    If I were to choose between those 2 applications. I would definitely choose UberTWitter, because it is far superior to TwitterBerry.
    05-09-09 08:40 PM
    Where do you get social scope lite???
    I believe last week or 2 weeks ago they opened the beta to anyone that would like to join. The option to get the app lasted only 2 days. There were invites prompted before they opened the registration on their website. Now the only way to obtain the application is to request for an invite.

-Luis
    05-09-09 08:41 PM
    Is there any one app that offers ALL of these features, or do some of them offer some and others off others?

aside from the UI all those features are why i settled on ubertwitter...pretty much has everything you would need for a rich mobile twitter-fest
    05-09-09 08:56 PM
    UberTwitter and SocialScope offers those ALL of those features.

Beta-2 Launched | ÜberTwitter

-Luis
    05-09-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD