whats the best twitter app out there? if you suggest one, can you also please give a reason as to why you pick that app as your favorite.
    04-04-09 05:19 AM
    Twitterberry. It just works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 06:41 AM
    I think the OP intended to get an answer that compares your favorite twitter app to the others out there. If it works, is this alluding to the fact that maybe something about the others doesn't work?? And if so, what?

If it's the only one you've got, then maybe it's just a moot point. But it might also be useful to the OP to explain why you chose that particular app, given that you knew there were others out there. Maybe you read some reviews about the others that influenced your decision and those reviews might be useful to know.

[sorry for the soapbox...but I read quite a few threads where people really don't provide substantive answers, and I can't understand why.]
    04-04-09 07:25 AM
    Twitterberry is great, but I don't see any support for mobile uploads. Other than that, I think it works rather well.

04-04-09 10:56 AM
    For me it's twitterberry. Just because it doesn't have to be SMS based. I don't need any surprise international texting charges.

04-04-09 10:58 AM
    I really like SocialScope. It does a nice job of displaying friends timelines, good flexibility with updates, and I can update Facebook at the same time.

04-04-09 11:45 AM
    I have used twitterberry and tiny twitter. I would say twitter is an great app but with tiny twitter youget more. Like you can find people in your area or close to where you are to add, you can follow people for the app. If you are looking I would go with tiny it just has more thing you can do with out going to the site.

04-04-09 11:59 AM
    Twitterberry is great, but I don't see any support for mobile uploads. Other than that, I think it works rather well.

If you're talking about uploading photos, just go into your pictures through the Media app. Click your BB button on the photo you want, and at the very top of the list, there's a "Send to Twitterberry" option.
    04-04-09 12:00 PM
    May I ask a tangential question? What version of Twitterberry is everyone using? I'm on 0.8. I tried to update OTA but kept getting an error message.

Anyone else?
    04-04-09 12:57 PM
    I'm on 0.8 right now. There is a beta version (0.9) available for OTA download last I heard (don't have the link, but you should be able to find it on these forums somewhere). I tried it, wasn't that impressed, and went back to 0.8.
    04-04-09 01:00 PM
    SocialScope without a doubt. Nothing compares. Nothing will IMO for a while, unless Tweetie for the iPhone comes to the BB.
    04-04-09 01:02 PM
    I really like SocialScope. It does a nice job of displaying friends timelines, good flexibility with updates, and I can update Facebook at the same time.

I concur. I use both twitter berry and social scope for different account and social scope totally blows twitter berry out of the water. Its definitely the best one oiut there.

04-04-09 01:03 PM
    I needed the update link as well. Here you go.
    ***updated***Twitterberry Beta .9 version 4 now for download

04-04-09 01:05 PM
    not even sure what version of Twitterberry I'm running.. but its pretty nice so far.
    04-04-09 01:20 PM
    I just now updated to the 0.9 beta of Twitterberry... Hopefully it'll be just as good as 0.8.

Also: I forgot to mention in my post about sending pics via Twitterberry:

Be sure to set your connection type to TCP.
    04-04-09 01:36 PM
    SocialScope hands down.

04-04-09 01:40 PM
    Just signed up for SocialScope. How long does it usually take to get an email from them inviting you to download?
    04-04-09 02:58 PM
    All my friends love twitterberry its really nice will be using it when my bold gets here
    04-04-09 04:28 PM
    Twitterberry is annoying; you can't do certain things with it. I'm writing my own app.
    04-04-09 11:55 PM
    I have Twitterberry, it gets the job done.

Im (im)patiently waiting for an invite to Socialscope

However, Ive searched and not found a definitive answer, is there any way to get a notification for the "@username" replies? Other than going in to Twitterberry and refreshing?

Any info would be great! TIA
    04-05-09 02:20 PM
    does any of the twitter apps you all mention allow you to access multiple accounts at a time?
    04-05-09 03:23 PM
    I have Twitterberry, it gets the job done.

Im (im)patiently waiting for an invite to Socialscope

However, Ive searched and not found a definitive answer, is there any way to get a notification for the "@username" replies? Other than going in to Twitterberry and refreshing?

Any info would be great! TIA
    That's one of the great features of SocialScope! I get alerts for @username replies. Love it. Socialscope is getting pretty close to a ver 1.0. Even if that is farther in the future than I would guess, the alpha invites usually get filled in a few weeks.

04-05-09 04:57 PM
    Buuuump again

Anyone know of an easier way to "follow" someone once they have began following you? Besides clicking the link in the email, logging in to the standard Twitter site and then trying to hit the "follow" button?

TIA!

04-06-09 11:36 AM
    I prefer using TwitterBerry because it's simple and straightforward. Sure, it lacks some 'bells and whistles' but for the purpose of checking/updating tweets, I find this app does the job.
    04-06-09 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD