Tweme (Twitter Theme) for Blackberry Bold 9000

You guys that know me know that I tweet a lot. I enjoy it, and I wanted to make a theme and show some love for it.

83xx/88xx/87xx and 8900 versions are now available!

OTA DOWNLOAD ONLY.

Features:
    * Twitter-inspired wallpapers and fonts
    * Playful icons
    * Bottom dock is user-customizable
    * Hidden Today section
    * Special icon slot for your favourite Twitter app (or "weather" icon, whatever)

Price: FREE

Link: Tweme - The Twitter Theme for Blackberry! - Themes Blackberry Software

***NOTE*** a battery pull is STRONGLY recommended after every theme install!

I will not be making more versions of this theme for the 9000. However if you would like something customized, a donation can be made of however much you see fit. See the link in my signature for info. Donations received for free themes go to the SPCA/ASPCA.

Screenshots below

enjoy
    Last edited by ninja please; 07-16-09 at 02:00 AM.
    07-12-09 05:00 PM
    Looks great so far! Can't wait for it to be released! You know I'm a Twitter & BlackBerry addict, so this is perfect
    07-12-09 07:16 PM
    The theme looks awesome. I really hope it supports the 8900. I would even be willing to pay for it!
    07-12-09 07:18 PM
    Sick theme... any eta ???
    07-12-09 07:27 PM
    Sick theme... any eta ???
    full release will be tomorrow if everything goes well, the 9000 version is all but finished.

testers are trying it out at the moment, but so far so good. 83xx/possible 8900 versions within a day or two
    07-12-09 07:48 PM
    It will be awesome for the Curve! Look forward to the completed product!
    07-12-09 07:53 PM
    sweet theme!

your an awesome developer
    07-12-09 07:55 PM
    theme released.
    07-12-09 10:06 PM
    I saw this mentioned on Twitter so I checked it out and thought; hey, I'd like to check this out. Unfortunately I'm getting an error after clicking link which was emailed to my 9000l "A problem occured while truing to render the page"

So I downloaded the .jad file to my PC and then emailed that over to my BB. Opened that file and I do get the download screen for com_plazmic_theme_Tweme
    Ver: 2009.07.12.2100
    480.9kb
    Click Download - and get status indicator followed by !Download failed

I Check the details and: 907 Invalid COD File not found

I switched the 9000 to wifi just in case and tried all the aforementioned...

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

~Peter
    07-12-09 11:38 PM
    I saw this mentioned on Twitter so I checked it out and thought; hey, I'd like to check this out. Unfortunately I'm getting an error after clicking link which was emailed to my 9000l "A problem occured while truing to render the page"

So I downloaded the .jad file to my PC and then emailed that over to my BB. Opened that file and I do get the download screen for com_plazmic_theme_Tweme
    Ver: 2009.07.12.2100
    480.9kb
    Click Download - and get status indicator followed by !Download failed

I Check the details and: 907 Invalid COD File not found

I switched the 9000 to wifi just in case and tried all the aforementioned...

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

~Peter
    jad files are for OTA downloads only, you can't download it to your computer and install that way.

if the theme link isn't working, it's probably mobihand, they're making a lot of changes lately.
    Last edited by ninja please; 07-12-09 at 11:49 PM.
    07-12-09 11:46 PM
    ^^ Solution. I did a battery pull and reattempted the link. Now it has installed.

As is recommended I'll now do another battery pull after the install of the new theme. Will report back with feedback on whether I'm sticking with the theme and luvin it.

Many Thanks!
    07-12-09 11:46 PM
    jad files are for OTA downloads only, you can't download it to your computer and install that way.
    Yes I do know that; I was just doing a work around whereas I would get the Jad on my BB and launch from there. Nevertheless now all is good anyways.

Thanks for the reply though
    07-12-09 11:49 PM
    ^^ Solution. I did a battery pull and reattempted the link. Now it has installed.

As is recommended I'll now do another battery pull after the install of the new theme. Will report back with feedback on whether I'm sticking with the theme and luvin it.

Many Thanks!
    glad it's working now
    07-12-09 11:49 PM
    thats pretty cool i wonder when we can see one for the storm
    07-12-09 11:53 PM
    This is absolute crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 11:55 PM
    This is absolute crap.

lol stfu, get back on twitter and stay put, you're grounded
    07-13-09 12:00 AM
    thats pretty cool i wonder when we can see one for the storm
    I'm not sure exactly, I haven't ventured into storm territory but if I get the time I'll try it.
    07-13-09 12:07 AM
    It's coming together now. You asked (via Twitter) whether I'd seperated my SMS and email inbox.

did you separate the sms/email inbox?
    That's a new one for me. Used to having them seperate. Have my All Messages inbox... But is there a seperate folder for SMS on this theme. Or is there some funky way of seperating them.
    07-13-09 12:55 AM
    It's coming together now. You asked (via Twitter) whether I'd seperated my SMS and email inbox.

That's a new one for me. Used to having them seperate. Have my All Messages inbox... But is there a seperate folder for SMS on this theme. Or is there some funky way of seperating them.
    I'm not sure why it does that. I've had it on a couple of themes, but the other one was a stock icons theme. usually separating it in Messages > Options will make it go back to normal.
    07-13-09 02:31 AM
    I'm not sure why it does that. I've had it on a couple of themes, but the other one was a stock icons theme. usually separating it in Messages > Options will make it go back to normal.
    OK I see that now: Messages > Options > General Options . SMS and Email Inboxes (then choices: Theme Controlled / Combined / Seperate)

Looks like the the default after the theme was installed, was "Theme Controlled"

For now I've set to "seperate".

PS: I reinstalled the latest version from tonight.

Thanks!

07-13-09 02:43 AM
    Great looking theme. I especially like the icons. Are they a creation of yours or are they from another OS?
    07-13-09 07:05 AM
    Installed it wow...looks sick on my bold...Would also love to have it on my storm..( any chance making it for the Storm??)

Thanks again for this great theme
    07-13-09 10:44 AM
    Really like the theme overall. Though the only thing is seems the navigation is set to horrizontal default. That takes some getting used to. Great theme though!

07-13-09 10:54 AM
    i have a curve 8320 and am running 4.5 and i have downloaded it OTA. However, when I go to run it, it only appears in the applications file, not under themes. so i can't activate it. any ideas?
    07-13-09 05:10 PM
    i know a lot of ppl hate wen request are made, but can u please make this theme just minus the "birds" or twitter logo. the fonts the icons, and everything else is perfect but im not a fan of the whole bird on the home and lockscreen as well as incoming and outgoing calls. aside from that this theme is greaat
    07-13-09 06:00 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD