Post your findings here And get it here. Beejive - instant messaging anywhere
    11-05-09 05:50 PM
    Issues I've experienced that seem to be fixed:

1) Flick scrolling is working nicely on the Storm 2 now
    2) "Go to user" is now functioning and actually taking you to the user profile.
    3) I was getting this strange grey screen whenever there were a lot of tweets in the cache. Id have to "Clear Tweets" every time I wanted to read new tweets.
    4) @BoyGenius said the "Memory Leak" has been addressed. Although I didnt notice it on my Storm 2.
    5)View Users timeline now opens in tweetgenius and not in any other twitter app that is installed on your bb.

Changes:
    1) Only one I noticed so far is that they now limit Max tweets per list to 50. UGH! This is a big downside for me because Im not always reading my tweets but I like Ubertwitters ability to keep up to 200 so I can go back later and catch up.

Things that remained the same that need changing:
    1) Options screen still forces you to view in landscape.
    2) No way to view a users followers or friends. Really?!?!
    3) Still no twitter Lists support.
    4) Still cant click on link in tweet view to open in browser

Overall, this upgrade is certainly a welcome one. I was getting quite frustrated with not being able to even use TweetGenius 1.1.1 on my Storm 2. They've addressed the biggest issues to me so far, and they did it much quicker than SocialScope or Ubertwitter have on most of there updated releases. Im still torn between Ubertwitter and Tweetgenius. Tweetgenius just gained a whole lot of ground.
    11-05-09 06:11 PM
    Checking it out now.
    11-05-09 06:14 PM
    Lovin it so far. Alot of issues fixed. Love the flick scrolling. My memory is doin good so far.
    11-05-09 06:27 PM
    Used it, seems a lot snappier. Still getting some lag though, not huge though. My older tweets are no longer showing up as new either. Good update.
    11-05-09 08:19 PM
    If they could actually fix the memory leak then this would be perfect for me. Everything I had a problem with has been fixed except the mem leak. It's not as bad as it was, but it still leaks. I went from 43 MB of memory with TG and Ubertwitter using Ubertwitter exclusively for about a week because TG was just bad for the storm. Upgraded and used TG for 3 minutes and went from 43 down to 40 MB so the leak is still there.
    11-05-09 08:34 PM
    Seems like an update for storm users. Memory leak is huge though.
    11-05-09 08:35 PM
    If they could actually fix the memory leak then this would be perfect for me. Everything I had a problem with has been fixed except the mem leak. It's not as bad as it was, but it still leaks. I went from 43 MB of memory with TG and Ubertwitter using Ubertwitter exclusively for about a week because TG was just bad for the storm. Upgraded and used TG for 3 minutes and went from 43 down to 40 MB so the leak is still there.
    I don't think thats a leak, I think thats the memory it uses to run. If it continues to go down, then thats a leak.
    11-05-09 08:36 PM
    I don't think thats a leak, I think thats the memory it uses to run. If it continues to go down, then thats a leak.
    Yeah that's what they replied to me so I am going to continue to use it and see what happens.
    11-05-09 08:48 PM
    Well TweetGenius happens to still be leaking. It's a shame because I like it the way it is. If they fix the memory leak I will delete ubertwitter. Until then I will go back to UT.
    11-05-09 09:51 PM
    Maybe it's something in builds GT .320, but on the S2 I have zero leak with TG. Been running it nonstop and no leak whatsoever. My free file's actually gone up .1MB over the past hour, and TG is running. Don't know what to tell you guys.. I assume you've eliminated other 3rd party apps, and corrupt databases, as sources of your leaks?
    11-05-09 09:58 PM
    I've only been running 1.1.2 for a few hours but memory is very stable. Much more stable than it was on 1.1.1. I'm on 9530/5.0.0.328.

I agree with the above posters that this update brings it CLOSE to UT. I like the layout of TG better so I'm sticking with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 07:03 AM
    I'm definitely back to using Tweet Genius now and I've had no issues. Glad they addressed the issues at hand.
    11-06-09 07:25 AM
    Right after I updated I tried to sign in and TG was having trouble contacting Twitter. Then for some reason it just signed in. When I went in to set the options, I noticed that TG said I was signed in as Clinton Portis. Don't get me wrong I would love to play in the NFL and have Portis's money, but I am not him, or even close. I logged out right away and signed back in to my account and everything has been working fine since.

11-06-09 07:26 AM
    Right after I updated I tried to sign in and TG was having trouble contacting Twitter. Then for some reason it just signed in. When I went in to set the options, I noticed that TG said I was signed in as Clinton Portis. Don't get me wrong I would love to play in the NFL and have Portis's money, but I am not him, or even close. I logged out right away and signed back in to my account and everything has been working fine since.

This happened to me too.

11-06-09 08:46 AM
    it works great except, i still cant tweet photos on my tour

anyone else having this issue?

i view a photo and i click tweet photo with tweetgenius it loads up tg but does not thing
    11-06-09 09:22 AM
    TweetGenius has become my primary twitter client now. It's such a nice interface and I love being able to view images in full screen. Absolutely loving how frequent they're turning out these updates.

I just wish they'd sort out the problem with mentions. Everytime I shutdown and re-open TweetGenius, it tells me there's tweets and mentions that are unread, when I've read them.
    11-06-09 10:36 AM
    TG is awesome!!!
    11-06-09 10:45 AM
    i started @ 34 MB and in 15 minutes @ 25 MB..so is it a leak?
    11-06-09 11:40 AM
    TweetGenius has become my primary twitter client now. It's such a nice interface and I love being able to view images in full screen. Absolutely loving how frequent they're turning out these updates.

I just wish they'd sort out the problem with mentions. Everytime I shutdown and re-open TweetGenius, it tells me there's tweets and mentions that are unread, when I've read them.
    There's a feature in options that allows you to mark them as read/viewed once you already viewed. I had the same issue and turned that feature on and once I go in and come out the notification is gone.
    11-06-09 12:02 PM
    I can also confirm that on my Bold the leak is still there and as bad as ever.

I reckon it looses about 1 additional mb every hour. Other than that it brilliant but the memory issue is really not acceptable.

Hopefully a fix for this very shortly.
    11-06-09 12:06 PM
    Loving the update. My memory has been pretty stable since downloading the newest version yesterday evening. Then again, I don't have TG set to run in the background (e.g. auto fetch tweets)...
    11-06-09 12:16 PM
    There's a feature in options that allows you to mark them as read/viewed once you already viewed. I had the same issue and turned that feature on and once I go in and come out the notification is gone.
    Doesn't work. I tried changing "Mark tweets read on list view" to yes, but when I shutdown TG and then open it, it grabs 50 mentions and has them marked as unread.

If I have that option and "Keep tweets on app shutdown" set to yes, TG breaks and I can't even view any tweets when I open TG. It's just a blank page.
    11-06-09 01:20 PM
    I'm so sick of TweetGenius... The last one refuse(s)(d) to recognize my PIN; This BS here can't seem to connect to Twitter - seems problematic for a Twitter app, no?

And for the icing on this clusterf*ck of a social cake, my 'Options' menu is invisible. Yes, invisible. The options are there, evidently, if you scroll down - even though you can't SEE anything - you can still select items. You just have to GUESS where they are. Once the options pop up on the screen (i.e. Number of Tweets to fetch) they DO NOT go away.

*sigh*

At this point, I just want a refund for this crap - of course, no response from the TwitGenius Support Team.

I'm sticking with UT - waiting on their paid, ad-free version.

(P.S. - BeeJive, fix your damn JiveTalk too)

11-06-09 01:29 PM
    I opened the download url in my Bold but the download did not start. Is there any temporarly problem with their servers?

Best regards

Got it. I had to set the browser identification to BB.
    Last edited by birger3; 11-08-09 at 06:19 PM.
    11-08-09 06:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD