I would love to be a winner of the new TweetGenius, but I decided to buy it. For only $5, I said what the ****.

Through my first observation, its pretty slick and nice. You get to see the tweets from others and also those that reply to you. Only thing you don't get to see is your own posted tweets during the day. I am still getting used to it, so don't hold me to that. The overall UI is really easy to use, of course with only having 3 options; "Friends", "Replies" and "Direct Messages".

One problem I am having right now is the Direct Messages is not working as it just keeps showing the "Loading" screen (Which stayed this way for more than 5 minutes). Other than that, its a pretty solid application. So until the Direct Message works, I will report on the rest.

Edit: You are able to post a tweet right from the "Friend" screen by using the "Send Tweet" option which posts to your page.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 05-06-09 at 03:50 PM.
    05-06-09 03:39 PM
    Clear your web cache and cookies, then do a battery pull, remove battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. See if it works now...
    05-06-09 03:44 PM
    I would love to be a winner of the new TweetGenius, but I decided to buy it. For only $5, I said what the ****.

Through my first observation, its pretty slick and nice. You get to see the tweets from others and also those that reply to you. Only thing you don't get to see is your own posted tweets during the day. I am still getting used to it, so don't hold me to that. The overall UI is really easy to use, of course with only having 3 options; "Friends", "Replies" and "Direct Messages".

One problem I am having right now is the Direct Messages is not working as it just keeps showing the "Loading" screen (Which stayed this way for more than 5 minutes). Other than that, its a pretty solid application. So until the Direct Message works, I will report on the rest.

Edit: You are able to post a tweet right from the "Friend" screen by using the "Send Tweet" option which posts to your page.

I do want to say that the free twitter berry allows you to see the friends timeline as well and the retweets and all that too...
    05-06-09 03:55 PM
    lol. I agree Mikey. But, sometimes, you can discover things that no one else knows, such as BlackBerry leaks, etc.

@severe - I tried all that, seems that the Direct Message still isnt loading.
    05-06-09 04:04 PM
    If you are following TweetGenius on twitter you can let them know about add ons you'd like to see in the app and it might get put in.

So far I think the app is great. It does have its bugs, but it has just been released.
    05-06-09 04:08 PM
    It could very likely be a bug, hopefully they fix it soon...
    05-06-09 04:08 PM
    I use UberTwitter and I see no reason to pay for a Twitter app.
    05-06-09 04:09 PM
    If you tweet, twitter, or ****......... your a worthless human being!

yes and thats why all the local weather stations are doing it and the game announcers are doing it and there is so many people who do it

I mean after all ALLL THOSE PEOPLE ARE WORTHLESS@!
    05-06-09 04:16 PM
    That mat be true, but in the end, the UI is really attractive. Worth the $5, but damn it it has a **** load of bugs. Got to support the developers too.
    05-06-09 04:39 PM
    Can you please post more bugs!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 06:42 PM
    i agree that its not worth spending money for a twitter app especially when there is like 3 free options.. but thats my personal opinion if someone wants one that is paid and they like it thats there choice
    05-06-09 07:11 PM
    i agree that its not worth spending money for a twitter app especially when there is like 3 free options.. but thats my personal opinion if someone wants one that is paid and they like it thats there choice
    same here, Socialscope does the same stuff and not as "cartooney" about it. Plus the developer isnt charging "$5 half price" for a beta, its FREE. Same with ubertwitter. Both of those are very promising free apps.

BGR seems more in it for the money than the app, sure it looks pretty, but who charges for a beta with no free trial?!? If that doesnt scream Im in it for the $$ then I dont know what does.
    05-06-09 08:05 PM
    I'm still trying to get used to Twitter, since I just started yesterday. If I had a good app on my BB Bold, I'm sure it'd help though, since I can't go anywhere without my BB! Any thoughts on the best one out there? I've tried TwitterBerry, but is there anything better?
    05-06-09 08:15 PM
    same here, Socialscope does the same stuff and not as "cartooney" about it. Plus the developer isnt charging "$5 half price" for a beta, its FREE. Same with ubertwitter. Both of those are very promising free apps.

BGR seems more in it for the money than the app, sure it looks pretty, but who charges for a beta with no free trial?!? If that doesnt scream Im in it for the $$ then I dont know what does.
    I'm pretty sure Socialscope and Ubertwitter are going to start charging in the future. And if you're against that, you can always go with twitterberry or something. Me, I'd rather shell out a small fee (especially if it's transferable) for a great app with ALL the features I need, like ubertwitter (or maybe socialscope if I ever get in!).
    05-06-09 08:29 PM
    oh no ill def buy socialscope if they charge, its not the money per say. Its the persona BGR gives off about this app charging for a beta and no trial. Its basically give me your money first and then if its not what you want or has bugs, oh well I have you money. thats not how you develop software.

I have no problem giving socialscope or ubertwitter a few bucks if they start charging. theyre friendly, in it to make a good app and not $$$, and have let us use it free as an extended trial for a long time now. I definitely know what im buying if either one charges for it at least.
    05-06-09 08:54 PM
    oh no ill def buy socialscope if they charge, its not the money per say. Its the persona BGR gives off about this app charging for a beta and no trial. Its basically give me your money first and then if its not what you want or has bugs, oh well I have you money. thats not how you develop software.

I have no problem giving socialscope or ubertwitter a few bucks if they start charging. theyre friendly, in it to make a good app and not $$$, and have let us use it free as an extended trial for a long time now. I definitely know what im buying if either one charges for it at least.
    Oh okay. And yes, I've had SUCH great experiences with ubertwitter... helping me out, responding to me when I have a suggestion or a question.. I'd hesitate to leave them. That being said, I'd love to see my facebook status updates in line with my twitter updates... which is what social scope does right? it doesn't just let you update your facebook status, it lets you see other facebook statuses?
    05-06-09 09:40 PM
    hmmm good question i had to actually just set it up b/c i dont use socialscope for facebook.

But yes you can update the status the same way as twitter, you just check off facebook instead of twitter (it looks the same for the input). You can also comment on a status right in socialscope. You can also forward a status (i believe it is), and view the profile (will open the web browser to see it)

Seems like you can also create groups of facebook users. Noticed you can also link a facebook contact to a contact on your phone, not quite sure what it does.

Socialscope does do both twitter and facebook in line on the first tab all together and then there are tabs across the top of the screen so you just scroll left and right to go to the solely twitter or solely facebook feed.

Its actually a really nice setup. Its my first choice for a twitter app.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-06-09 at 09:51 PM.
    05-06-09 09:49 PM
    UberTwitter doesn't have notifications as far as I can tell.
    05-06-09 10:12 PM
    Well look, I did it for the courtesy of reviewing the application, and not for having everyone bicker about not paying for an application. How many of you have bought applications that a your BB doesn't even need and can do with other apps that are free? Many of you I'm sure.

So far, It's still buggy when it comes to getting the "Direct Messages" to load up.

Would it be worth the money in the future? Yes, if they can fix the bugs, but not worth the $10 they actually ask for, since this was bought at only $5. BGR is nuts to sell an application for that much with a bug already in place.

Edit: Direct Messages does work. It only stays on the "Loading" screen if you have not sent or recieved direct messages to your friends/followers. This bug has been reported to the TweetGenius team and will try to fix it in the next release.
    Last edited by fabuloso; 05-07-09 at 12:10 AM.
    05-06-09 11:19 PM
    UberTwitter doesn't have notifications as far as I can tell.
    Update coming out Friday, I've heard notifications are included.
    05-07-09 06:27 AM
    I'm getting a red "*" on my Tweet Genius app, every so often. When I go check it out, there are no new tweet, DM, or replies.
    05-07-09 09:46 AM
    This App is the fast, well worth 5 bucks. It's neat and works well (give or take a few bugs). The BGR app for the iPhone was top notch, they are working on a BGR app for the iPhone. What's wrong with paying for a good app.

05-07-09 09:52 AM
    After skimming thru this thread I come to the conclusion that noone seems to know about TinyTwitter. The developer released a BB Beta version a couple months ago and I must say that it is spectacular in my opinion. It utilizes BB shortcuts, is very quick, no lags for me and has a nice interface. And it's free. The only thing lacking is the notifications. I have finally gotten a copy of socialscope and like that alot, love the tabs but it is very doubtful I will ever go back to Twitterberry, it just feels like a dinosaur compared to the new offerings.

TT can be found (OTA) here: TinyTwitter or type *ttp://m.ttwt.at into your BB browser.
    Last edited by pegb856; 05-07-09 at 10:22 AM.
    05-07-09 10:17 AM
    After skimming thru this thread I come to the conclusion that noone seems to know about TinyTwitter. The developer released a BB Beta version a couple months ago and I must say that it is spectacular in my opinion. It utilizes BB shortcuts, is very quick, no lags for me and has a nice interface. And it's free. The only thing lacking is the notifications. I have finally gotten a copy of socialscope and like that alot, love the tabs but it is very doubtful I will ever go back to Twitterberry, it just feels like a dinosaur compared to the new offerings.

TT can be found (OTA) here: TinyTwitter or type *ttp://m.ttwt.at into your BB browser.
    I agree, TinyTwitter was the best of the free clients for me. I loved the shortcuts and the UI. I got SocialScope recently and am using that, even though it's still in beta I've not come across any bugs, it just works and looks great. Still have Tiny Twitter on my BB but Uber and TwitterBerry got deleted.
    05-07-09 10:36 AM
    I thought about buying this but then thought "screw it. I'm perfectly happy with my free Socialscope app". Lol anyone tried both ss and tg?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 12:15 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD