I cant get this working. I downloaded the Yesterberry app through the OTA link given in the first post but once downloaded and launched, all it does is go to the yesterberry.com website and I get no option to watch anything..
    11-04-10 01:18 AM
    I cant get this working. I downloaded the Yesterberry app through the OTA link given in the first post but once downloaded and launched, all it does is go to the yesterberry.com website and I get no option to watch anything..
    Have you looked across the top of the screen to see the designations of TV Radio A/Vod ? Click on one of those to get started.
    11-04-10 06:18 AM
    Just want to remind folks THIS is the YesterBerry thread, that other thread was created by a member asking a question about 1 channel. Please ask your questions and leave your comments in this thread!
    11-05-10 07:28 AM
    I noticed that the VOD selection is growing. Yeah. Is there any way to add more content such as Dracula or Frankenstein?
    11-06-10 12:07 PM
    I noticed that the VOD selection is growing. Yeah. Is there any way to add more content such as Dracula or Frankenstein?
    I'll look into that for you

I've sort of been MIA the past few days. To make up for it, I just added half a dozen new channels to the English TV lineup. I think you'll all enjoy the additions; most have been requested frequently.

I'm also hunting for some better transcoding software. Our current method uses VLC, which is versatile, free- and unfortunately about as stable as Windows ME. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas in this area, I welcome them. I'm also happy to pay if it's reasonable (ie, not $8000).
    11-08-10 05:16 PM
    anyone else getting chipmunk voice on the hbo channel?

and i tried the cbs one and nothing loaded.

I dont know if its the stream or my location but im getting constant buffering.
    11-08-10 05:21 PM
    anyone else getting chipmunk voice on the hbo channel?

and i tried the cbs one and nothing loaded.

I dont know if its the stream or my location but im getting constant buffering.
    I'm working on the the bitrate issue causing the audio to be the wrong pitch (source stream is a mess, TBH); thanks for reporting that. The second channel works fine here. I'm also not getting buffering issues, so I'll have to assume it's your location.

EDIT: The audio issue has been fixed, verified all channels are working properly.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 11-08-10 at 05:58 PM.
    11-08-10 05:37 PM
    Hi

Ok I've download yesterberry launcher then I open my native browser and went to web site but I can't see any channels (only main page with big Yesterberry sign) I've try both wifi and data plan.
    Am I doing something wrong

Thanks for help in advance
    11-08-10 06:34 PM
    Hi

Ok I've download yesterberry launcher then I open my native browser and went to web site but I can't see any channels (only main page with big Yesterberry sign) I've try both wifi and data plan.
    Am I doing something wrong

Thanks for help in advance
    In the upper right corner, you should see a link that says "Viewing this on your BlackBerry? Click here." Do so, and follow the instructions
    11-08-10 06:35 PM
    Thanks for quick respond but I've check that too. There's no more browser identification in OS6.
    11-08-10 07:10 PM
    I just tried this & I am amazed at how well it works, I have seen the thread about it for a while now & didnt bother checking it out because most of the time I am very disappointed with apps like this but this one surprised me, for sure going to donate & I hope others are as well so we can keep this
    11-08-10 08:05 PM
    Thanks for quick respond but I've check that too. There's no more browser identification in OS6.
    Ah, I just noticed your device! That explains it. I've made an educated guess about 9300 OS6 detection, and modified the checking code; try it now, I'll bet it will work properly for you.
    11-08-10 08:44 PM
    Now its working... OMG its amazing soo many channels to choose, simply great stuff. Need to change my data plan for sure. This app definitely it's worth donating!
    11-08-10 09:10 PM
    I'll look into that for you

I've sort of been MIA the past few days. To make up for it, I just added half a dozen new channels to the English TV lineup. I think you'll all enjoy the additions; most have been requested frequently.

I'm also hunting for some better transcoding software. Our current method uses VLC, which is versatile, free- and unfortunately about as stable as Windows ME. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas in this area, I welcome them. I'm also happy to pay if it's reasonable (ie, not $8000).
    just when you think theres no possible way this could get any better.... CharredPC pulls through once again! rock on! i absolutely love it!
    11-08-10 09:18 PM
    And by donating $25 or more, you get your own personal log in which gets rid of the ads and lets you set up your customized favorites page. Also, donating helps keep this great app going and growing.
    11-08-10 09:24 PM
    Site News:
    I've just added a couple more channels to both the English and non-English TV sections. I also have a bunch of submissions waiting on Spanish radio stations; those will be added tomorrow. Sorry, real life has kept me busier than usual. Thank everyone for their support and donations, be it �5 or $25. It's much appreciated, and as ladymeggs said so well, keeps Yesterberry going and growing

Don't forget, this is also a thread for suggestions! If you can think of a feature that isn't implemented yet- or a better way to do something that exists already- I'm always eager to hear how things can be improved for you.
    11-09-10 09:17 PM
    This is an amazing app!! Great job Charred! Quick question though. I have the Blackberry Torch running OS6 and there are a handful of channels where I get the message "An error has occurred attempting to play media" such as CNN, ABC, CBS, etc. Is the error with my phone, my connection, or with the channel itself?

Thanks and great job once again!
    11-10-10 12:00 PM
    This is an amazing app!! Great job Charred! Quick question though. I have the Blackberry Torch running OS6 and there are a handful of channels where I get the message "An error has occurred attempting to play media" such as CNN, ABC, CBS, etc. Is the error with my phone, my connection, or with the channel itself?

Thanks and great job once again!
    I've just verified that all the channels you mentioned work here on my 9700. It is possible they were all momentarily down, as they all come from the same source. If you still get that error on just those channels, they might not be compatible with your phone model. We've run into a similar issue with 9650's and another group of channels. I'd be interested in hearing if other Torch / OS6 users have this problem- if so, I can see about adding a check for it and automatically offering a compatible version of the channel.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 11-10-10 at 12:14 PM.
    11-10-10 12:11 PM
    CNN live worked, but the international one that we already know about did NOT work for me. Both ABC's worked, and CBS worked for me. I'm on a 9650 with 6.0.0.333. Was hoping that 333 might get those pesky few channels we already know about to work, but alas it did not. However the channels kanack mentioned were working for me. Loving those new channels!

It's also possible it was a glitch, NEVER give up on 1 click of a channel folks, and aways check back because they DO go down and then get fixed too.
    11-10-10 01:51 PM
    I have yet to get cbs to work on my s2, and hbo was woking although it had chipmunk voice, then hbo didnt work, and now its gone.
    11-10-10 02:14 PM
    I have yet to get cbs to work on my s2, and hbo was woking although it had chipmunk voice, then hbo didnt work, and now its gone.
    I'm sorry that you're unable to get the station working. It continues to play perfectly here and obviously on other phones. If you've read anything on the Yesterberry website or my posts here, you'd understand that all Live content is user submitted. Channels are submitted, I verify they work here, add them to the lineup, and remove them if they stop working. Since I am not in control of the encoding settings, bit rate, nor do I write the software for BlackBerry devices, some models are compatible with some feeds while others are not. Blame RIM, blame the broadcast sources, blame the submitters. The only channels I have any control over in any way are those which the stream server transcodes into a compatible format. To be honest, more than half the time I'm even unable to test those properly, as my carrier doesn't offer 3G within 200 miles and the available wifi is often barely better than dialup.

While I completely understand the frustration of seeing your favorite channel go away, and sympathize completely with struggling due to RIM's bizarre "flip a coin" method of implementing media compatibility on each model, it would probably be beneficial to remember a few things. Yesterberry is basically non-profit. It gets less than two donations a week on average, and more than once I've used my own money just to keep things going. It offers over 300 live TV and radio stations, plus vintage material. I created this web app because there wasn't and isn't anything like it in existence. It's become a full-time endeavor which, again, I can't even use myself. It isn't perfect- and trust me, as a perfectionist, that fact drives me nuts daily. I just hope that it's helpful to most people on most models most of the time.
    11-10-10 03:32 PM
    Channels come and go, it's the nature of the game. The channels are submitted by members, and sometimes the feeds change or go dead, Charred has no control over this. Also not all the channels work on all blackberries, because the feeds use different compression codecs and not all blackberries support all codecs, AGAIN Charred has no control over this.

You need to look at it as a bonus, and TV on the BB is just a distraction and should NOT be counted on as your main source for any network or program. If you want to be assured to see you show, get a TV, cable and stay home and watch it. IF however you are on the road, or in line at the supermarket, or otherwise need to kill a little time and you need to be entertained, go to YesterBerry and watch some UK TV, or some classic shows from the past, OR my favorite thing watch some cartoons, there are several good cartoon stations, and the shows are short and good!
    11-10-10 03:38 PM
    Channels come and go, it's the nature of the game. The channels are submitted by members, and sometimes the feeds change or go dead, Charred has no control over this. Also not all the channels work on all blackberries, because the feeds use different compression codecs and not all blackberries support all codecs, AGAIN Charred has no control over this.

You need to look at it as a bonus, and TV on the BB is just a distraction and should NOT be counted on as your main source for any network or program. If you want to be assured to see you show, get a TV, cable and stay home and watch it. IF however you are on the road, or in line at the supermarket, or otherwise need to kill a little time and you need to be entertained, go to YesterBerry and watch some UK TV, or some classic shows from the past, OR my favorite thing watch some cartoons, there are several good cartoon stations, and the shows are short and good!
    Well said and nothing further...

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 03:45 PM
    So you don't want me to cancel my direct tv service and stream stuff from my BlackBerry browser to my tv 12 hours a day?
    (JK, I can't afford direct TV )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 03:50 PM
    Ok first off guys, Im not complaining about the service. I thought this thread was for updates and any issues in general so that why I posted the latest issue I was seeing.

I love the idea behind the service and agree that it is a huge plus. I just didnt understand why a channel such as hbo worked fine one day, then its availability was removed, then when it came back it worked but the audio was compressed which charred himself said he was working on and then reported as fixed and then it was removed again.

most channels work just fine so i dont think it would be a codec issue, just certain ones like the cbs one refuse to begin playing for whatever reason.

All I was doing is trying to make him aware of any issues which again that what I thought part of the goal of this thread was for.
    11-10-10 04:01 PM
546 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD