04-11-12 10:54 AM
546 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Is there a stream to watch the MLB Playoffs? I think it's on TNT or TBS. How about football on Sundays?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-10 04:29 PM
    Is there a stream to watch the MLB Playoffs? I think it's on TNT or TBS. How about football on Sundays?

No one has submitted such a stream yet. You should locate one, and we'll add it

Site news: It's arrived! Search is here!

Okay, so it's not 100% perfect yet. Only the English channels are indexed right now, and I probably need to add some more keywords. It's also pulling up channels that are currently off-air, so if something in the results doesn't work, don't be too surprised. Luckily there's only half a dozen or so of those. But after spending all day on it, I wanted to get the code live before crashing. Me, I mean- not the code

I'm pretty sure I even included some of the new channel label fixes, so the results should work with the OS6 crowd as well. As always, let me know if something looks wrong, etc. Tomorrow I'll index and categorize the foreign language channels, make sure the currently down channels stay hidden, and maybe then get to the VOD section like I'd hoped to today. Busy busy busy!

Edit: Also just noticed another bug to be fixed tomorrow- the foreign language channels that do come up are each showing up twice! What's up with that? Someone should fire that Yesterberry web designer...

Edit2: Couldn't live with that bug, so fixed it by cleaning up some more back-end stuff. No more double listings. While I was at it, I also made sure that only live channels would show up. The foreign channels are still only partially indexed, so that will be my first chore tomorrow. Currently, besides channel names, working keywords are things like "entertainment," "sports," "uk," "english," "religious," "news," "movies," "comedy," "cartoons" ... let me know if you can think of more common terms. This update has also laid 80% of the code in place for personalized pages to be implemented. I guess instead of a big sudden change, the new features are just rolling out incrementally. At this rate, all the Yesterberry v2 teasers I mentioned previously will be done within the month!
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-10-10 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Me brain, is all squishy.
    10-09-10 10:34 PM
    Nice! Anyway for HBO to be in HQ?

10-10-10 11:04 AM
    Nice! Anyway for HBO to be in HQ?

It's in the highest quality possible. The feed source is Windows Media format, so it isn't exactly HD to start with

Site News: The foreign streams have been properly indexed, and show up in searches (by language, category, etc). The Live TV categories are back as planned, now being looped through the search function in order to be dynamically created. This way the category pages are always up to date, without waiting for manual editing from me. I've also done a little bit more background code for the upcoming custom pages, tweaked the VOD section play buttons (replacing the old-style text/table links with proper images), and am in the process of replacing the ugly Radio on demand category image links. Seriously, that font must of been a 4am decision...
    10-10-10 11:56 AM
    More site news: The Radio on demand category images have been replaced with a better font. The TV category buttons are now OS6 compatible (the labels didn't have the new fixes properly implemented, so the results... weren't pretty). And finally, Yesterberry now has a login system installed! So far, logging in simply removes all ads from the site (for subscribers / habitual donors). The next step is implementing a custom page creation / editing method. Things are just churning along here- like butter
    10-10-10 05:35 PM
    OK its all good, still watchable

Adult Swim (part of the Cartoon Network) has a mobile version I read. Any chance we can get that also, PC?
    10-10-10 11:00 PM
    OK its all good, still watchable

Adult Swim (part of the Cartoon Network) has a mobile version I read. Any chance we can get that also, PC?
    Sure! ...if someone submits a stream source for it
    10-10-10 11:30 PM
    Great program Char and thanks for all your hard work! Just sent a donation your way. I do have one issue, neither BBC World or CNN International work for me. I just get a blank screen. I've tried over both regular internet and hotspot. I'm sporting the 9650 Bold.
    10-11-10 05:30 PM
    Great program Char and thanks for all your hard work! Just sent a donation your way. I do have one issue, neither BBC World or CNN International work for me. I just get a blank screen. I've tried over both regular internet and hotspot. I'm sporting the 9650 Bold.
    Thank you for your donation! Both of those channels work great here on my 9700, so all I can recommend is that you try again- sometimes it can hang on the transfer arrows and never load if you switch channels too quickly- or chalk it up to RIM's Russian Roulette method of deciding what codecs work how well with what model numbers (and then put the opposite on their spec sheets) ...

If you notice any others that don't continually don't work for you, let me know and I'll try and figure out if there's a pattern to it.
    10-11-10 06:12 PM
    I'm thinking unsupported codec also as those channels don't work on my 9650 either. Fotrunately I have little interest in them.
    10-11-10 06:45 PM
    Great app txs for making it free. So how do u know what's playing? Just simply check the TV guide? I have a stupid question: steaming means that whatever is playing on TV u can see real time on yur berry?
    10-11-10 06:45 PM
    10-11-10 06:48 PM
    Great app txs for making it free. So how do u know what's playing? Just simply check the TV guide? I have a stupid question: steaming means that whatever is playing on TV u can see real time on yur berry?
    Some of the channels are live simulcasts, so yes, what you'd see on the TV (if you had the channel) is what you have on your BB... plus or minus a few hours depending on time zone Other channels are 'mobile versions,' which are slimmed-down alternate schedule versions with certain content from the full channels. I try to label those " ...Mobile" so that there's no confusion. And some are web-only networks which you can't even find on your cable or satellite package!
    10-11-10 07:09 PM
    Yesterberry tip of the day:
    Early on in this thread, a concern was brought up where people expressed a dislike of having to keep clicking "next" in the Live TV section; they wanted everything on one page. Using the new Search feature, this is easily accomplished! To view all the English channels on a single page, just search for "english"

Site news:
    Did a couple little tweaks this morning, nothing major. The search results (and therefore categories as well) now show what keyword you searched for in the title bar. I added a second ESPN Radio channel to the first page of the Live Radio section, replaced the Vermont Public Radio BBC World Service feed with an actual direct UK one, and fixed a broken source url for Howard 101.5. I plan on spending the rest of the morning adding more VOD content.

Upcoming:
    Let me know if there's any demand for the following features...
    -search keyword "all" (to pull up absolutely everything on one page)
    -search keyword "foreign" or "non-english" (to fetch all foreign language channels)
    -search functions in the Live Radio area (either full search, or just categories)
    -any other search features / keywords you can think of

Lastly, any donation of $25 or more is now rewarded with a permanent login to Yesterberry which removes all ads (and incidentally makes things load a bit quicker). Yes, this is retroactive, so if you've been a heavy Yesterberry supporter in the past, just contact me with your desired login/password and I'll get you set up immediately. Those with logins will also get to enjoy future benefits such as the upcoming custom channel lists (create your own personalized favorites page) and voting area for what extra channels are run on the Yesterberry servers.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to make Yesterberry great!
    10-12-10 10:21 AM
    are there any cbs channels on there?
    10-12-10 10:44 AM
    are there any cbs channels on there?
    Not currently; feel free to submit one!

I've added some new VOD's to each decade. Yay for classic Hitchcock and Tom Breneman! Also, Yesterberry has been featured at blackberrystuff707.com.
    10-12-10 12:30 PM
    if i knew where to look i would
    10-12-10 01:22 PM
    Yes to keyword all, and yes to radio search! Also a request for VOD content Abbott & Costello Baseball skit (or "who's on first"). CBS died. But if we get another submission Charred will add it no worries.
    10-12-10 02:26 PM
    Lastly, any donation of $25 or more is now rewarded with a permanent login to Yesterberry which removes all ads (and incidentally makes things load a bit quicker). Yes, this is retroactive, so if you've been a heavy Yesterberry supporter in the past, just contact me with your desired login/password and I'll get you set up immediately. Those with logins will also get to enjoy future benefits such as the upcoming custom channel lists (create your own personalized favorites page) and voting area for what extra channels are run on the Yesterberry servers.

Thanks to everyone for continuing to make Yesterberry great!
    So if we made a previous donation under $25 and we add to it so that the total equals $25, are we still eligible for this?
    10-13-10 12:59 PM
    So if we made a previous donation under $25 and we add to it so that the total equals $25, are we still eligible for this?
    Yes another donation to bring you up to 25 should get you a login, if not you can have mine.
    10-13-10 02:29 PM
    Yep! It's $25 total, so if you donated $15 previously, another $10 would get you your permanent login. No giving out yours, pkcable!

Speaking of which, after fixing a bug in the main page's Twitter feed (my recent post had >'s, which didn't parse properly), I spent all morning working on the custom pages. I'd call the code about 50% done at this point. Here's a teaser screenshot for you:

I've also added a feature where you can see what other people have on their Fave pages, just by searching for their username... might be handy. I've also made sure that if a channel in your Faves goes down, it doesn't show up; and more importantly, as soon as it's live again, it'll be back without having to re-add it.
    10-13-10 03:13 PM
    I would have given up my login for her, and just used the site with the ads, but I figured you would give her the login with the extra donation anyways, so I was safe either way.
    10-13-10 03:23 PM
    Site news: My brain has melted.

95% of the new custom page code is complete, just need to update the structure of about 194 more live tv channel pages and alter the login link to make it live. That will unfortunately have to wait until tomorrow, when I can think straight again. I personally think it turned out rather nice
    10-13-10 09:31 PM
    I am one of the many people that have been reaping the rewards of your hard work. So, I gladly donate to the cause. Like I said at the first of this thread. This is an awesome thing. Keep up the great work.
    10-14-10 08:56 AM
    I am one of the many people that have been reaping the rewards of your hard work. So, I gladly donate to the cause. Like I said at the first of this thread. This is an awesome thing. Keep up the great work.
    Thank you for your kind words and support! Yesterberrians (I just like that word) such as yourself is what keeps this endeavor alive.

Site news:
    The new donor's login area is now live. I'm still adding channels into the updated database format, so bear with me... but everything else is in place. It's even been OS6 tested! Feel free to start adding channels (from what's available thus far) to your Faves, and visit the voting area to have a say in what's showing on Yesterberry next week

Our stream server hosting company has gotten on my last nerve. I've contacted them several times in the past week and keep getting the runaround. If they don't contact me today, I'll ditch these guys and find us a new server. This one was definitely the cheapest, but this experience just proves that you usually get what you pay for. Of course I'll keep everyone advised if there's an extended outage during the transition.

UPDATE/EDIT:
    Do you think the server host reads my CB postings? They got back to me finally an hour after this post. Long story short... if we get one more $25 donation, the dedicated stream server is ours! No pressure, just mentioning it

With some help from my OS6 beta tester, we uncovered a nasty bug in the new Faves system. I pulled it offline to do repairs- sorry, I'll get it back up as quickly as possible. It's probably a good thing in the long run though, because while it did work, the code was... well, bulky and kind of kludgy. If too many users were on the site, it could really slow things down. I've always believed that Yesterberry should stay lean and fast, so this gives me a chance to do things right. Blame my eagerness to get everyone new features ASAP...

And on that note, here's some statistics for you. In the last week, we've doubled the amount of visitors- up from about 3,000 to 6,000 per day! This means that our ads are finally starting to bring in more than ten cents The US still has the biggest share of that, but not as much as before; the UK now makes up over 13%. Other countries include Canada, Spain, Mexico, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, Austria, Italy, and the Netherlands. Welcome, everyone! I hope you enjoy your Yesterberry. And a great big thanks to the Crackberry crowd, because this is where it all started

One more quick PS.- If you donate to get your login, be sure to drop me an email at support@yesterberry.com with your desired username/password.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-14-10 at 09:07 PM.
    10-14-10 02:12 PM
546 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD