Uk channels down for a while now ???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 02:28 PM
    Uk channels down for a while now ???

See my above post. The server channels require constant attention to stay up, and I was out of town for Thanksgiving.
    11-26-10 02:04 AM
    What about giving a big f u to windows and trying vlc in linux? It should be easier to kill processes and probably a lot more stable than windows... Just a thought. PS this isn't the usual linux is better than windows but in this case it just may be.
    11-26-10 11:44 AM
    What about giving a big f u to windows and trying vlc in linux? It should be easier to kill processes and probably a lot more stable than windows... Just a thought. PS this isn't the usual linux is better than windows but in this case it just may be.
    I may try Linux if the server continues next month. I'll have to look into a Linux Darwin Stream Server port. I went with Windows because it's much easier to connect remotely to, and I'm much more familiar with it. Didn't want a learning curve being another stumbling block, though I'm happy to do so.
    11-26-10 09:19 PM
    So Charred, are we needing more donations to keep the server alive for Yesterday next month?
    11-26-10 09:57 PM
    Folks,

Ultimately if we lose the server, we will survive. Yesterberry has plenty of great channels that do NOT rely upon the server. PLUS there is also great on demand classic video and audio content you may have been neglecting that you can explore. We will survive, YB will continue. We can not expect Charred to spend every hour of every day restarting VLC and the server. Right now, with all the problems we are having, the server is just more trouble than it's worth. And donations are BARELY supporting it! HOWEVER Charred has not given up and he IS still working on it, but be prepared for a future without the channels that the server supports, which is mainly our UK favorites.
    11-27-10 01:36 PM
    The UK channels are great, but there are still alot of other great channels to watch.
    11-30-10 09:49 AM
    Folks,

I'm sure Charred will be along and let you all know what is up officially via one of his "update" posts, BUT I just wanted to pass on some news. I heard that he got a BUNCH of new member submissions that he is currently going thru and that he hopes to have some new channels up for us shortly.
    12-02-10 02:11 PM
    Hello. Thought I might leave a comment in here in case this is a glitch of the system.
    I used Yesterberry for a couple of weeks and it was working wonderfully, however, while I was watching one of the TV channels, my blackberry went Cuckoo for Cocoa puffs, restarted and gave me the infamous "App Error 523" kiss of death.
    After that, I got a new OS (switched to 5.0 on my curve) and forgot about it. Played a few videos a couple of times and just now it went black again. Had to do a battery pull 'cause it wouldnt start and thank god it didnt give me the infamous App Error thingy again and started normally, but I gotta say, I am worried it might happen again.
    Anyone having that issue with yesterberry aswell or is it just me?
    12-10-10 02:25 PM
    Hello. Thought I might leave a comment in here in case this is a glitch of the system.
    I used Yesterberry for a couple of weeks and it was working wonderfully, however, while I was watching one of the TV channels, my blackberry went Cuckoo for Cocoa puffs, restarted and gave me the infamous "App Error 523" kiss of death.
    After that, I got a new OS (switched to 5.0 on my curve) and forgot about it. Played a few videos a couple of times and just now it went black again. Had to do a battery pull 'cause it wouldnt start and thank god it didnt give me the infamous App Error thingy again and started normally, but I gotta say, I am worried it might happen again.
    Anyone having that issue with yesterberry aswell or is it just me?
    If streams- any streams, be it Yesterberry, YouTube, etc- are causing your phone to have issues, give errors, or freeze, that's an issue with your device or OS. Websites or streams themselves don't have the ability to mess up a phone.
    12-10-10 06:34 PM
    Folks,

It's that time again, server fees are due!!! Do you want to see the UK channels continue to be offered? If so it's time to send a donation. I just sent my monthly gift. Now it's your turn! Remember 25 or more will get your a login and access to your own favortite channels list, and other great features.
    12-17-10 08:56 AM
    folks,

it's that time again, server fees are due!!! Do you want to see the uk channels continue to be offered? If so it's time to send a donation. I just sent my monthly gift. Now it's your turn! Remember 25 or more will get your a login and access to your own favortite channels list, and other great features.
    i have used yesterberry for months and love it in the morning watching fox news while i shave! However, i have no clue how to contribute w/o a paypal acct. I always use credit cards hooked to my accts w/ mobihand and cb. Let me know so i can help. Thanks! Great work!
    12-17-10 04:01 PM
    i have used yesterberry for months and love it in the morning watching fox news while i shave! However, i have no clue how to contribute w/o a paypal acct. I always use credit cards hooked to my accts w/ mobihand and cb. Let me know so i can help. Thanks! Great work!
    Currently the only way to donate is via PayPal. TBH, I hate PayPal, but it's the only real option I know of to handle debit / credit card / bank account / check donations.
    12-19-10 11:31 AM
    Can't a form be set up for credit cards?

12-19-10 12:08 PM
    Can't a form be set up for credit cards?

If Yesterberry was a big, profitable business, then sure- I could pay for the API, transaction fees and ability to accept credit cards. Since less than .001% of our visitors donate, and even the monthly stream server cost isn't being covered... no, there's no way to take payment without a third party system like PayPal.
    12-19-10 12:19 PM
    Thanks to all for your contributions, donations, and support. This month we didn't get enough donations to continue paying for the stream server, so expect some channels to go dead within the next week (UK channels, MST3K, etc). I'm also refunding everyone who donated this month.

As I no longer have the time or resources to give to this project, I'm hereby offering it up for sale. Contact me at [email protected] with questions or offers. Hopefully someone will continue where I left off.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 12-26-10 at 03:10 PM.
    12-26-10 01:31 PM
    Hey Charred - Sorry to hear that

You have created something amazing with yesterberry - I hope someone can keep it going.

I do have a question I was hoping you (or anyone) can help me with. Although I am able to get TV to work, I have never been able to get radio to work at all. I always get "Connection Timed Out". Is there something special I need to set in my browser or bb settings to get the radio to work?

FYI - I'm on Rogers in toronto, 9700, os 5.0.0.862

Thanks!
    12-27-10 05:29 PM
    Hey Charred - Sorry to hear that

You have created something amazing with yesterberry - I hope someone can keep it going.

I do have a question I was hoping you (or anyone) can help me with. Although I am able to get TV to work, I have never been able to get radio to work at all. I always get "Connection Timed Out". Is there something special I need to set in my browser or bb settings to get the radio to work?

FYI - I'm on Rogers in toronto, 9700, os 5.0.0.862

Thanks!
    Does this happen on every single station, or just one or two specific ones?
    12-27-10 09:35 PM
    Does this happen on every single station, or just one or two specific ones?
    I haven't tried EVERY station, so can't say for sure, but I can say that I haven't been able to get it to work on any station that I have tried.
    12-27-10 09:43 PM
    I haven't tried EVERY station, so can't say for sure, but I can say that I haven't been able to get it to work on any station that I have tried.
    That's pretty strange. Normally if people have problems, it's with the TV. Radio has been reported to work even on old 4.6 devices. Have you tried both on Wifi and 3G?
    12-27-10 10:01 PM
    I've received some questions about Yesterberry being "up for sale," and what that exactly means. I'll try and clarify everything here:

Currently Yesterberry is more maintenance than anything else. In its current form, it consists of:

1. Unlimited webhosting through Hostmonster, which holds the website and old time radio MP3 archive (paid for yearly, about $75).
    2. Windows 2008 dedicated server, which has been set up as a stream converter for UK channels (paid for monthly, $99*).
    3. Domain names- yesterberry.com, yesterberry.net, yesterberry.co.uk (paid for yearly/bi-yearly, various small amounts).

* A Linux server from the same company costs $79 per month. Being more familiar with Windows, I chose the more expensive option. I've been told what we do would work much better in Linux, however.

The website / web app interface is mainly written in PHP. Whoever takes over would have to have at least a basic understanding of PHP, and hopefully streaming in general. Common tasks are:

1. Verifying all channels are working (testing audio and video streams), removing/fixing broken channels.
    2. Remote into the dedicated server to check on, restart, and troubleshoot the stream transcoding processes.
    3. Answer support emails, test submitted new audio/video streams, add them to Yesterberry's channel lineup.
    4. Verifying PayPal payments, setting up Fave logins for donations of $25 or more, and paying needed bills.
    5. Monitor and edit weekly Fave polls for what channels are transcoded through the stream server.

Yesterberry currently makes money two ways- through PayPal donations, and the ads. The amount of monthly donations depends heavily on advertising (forums, Yesterberry news page, word of mouth, Twitter, etc). I have mainly been using donations to keep the stream server running. The ads are generating $15-$30 per month, but are only paid out after reaching $100. I had planned to use this income to cover yearly webhosting and domain names.

I would work with anyone who takes over the Yesterberry codebase; as with most websites, there are specific fixes, styles, and patches in places to ensure compatibility between various hardware and software (OS5 / OS6, model resolutions, etc). Yesterberry gets at least 5,000 visitors per day, and sometimes 10,000 or more. This was achieved with little to no advertising, so someone more savvy in the business could easily turn this into a self-sustaining, if not profitable, venture. I am asking for a small payment of earnest money from the next owner, just to ensure that they are serious about continuing this project. I still very much believe in Yesterberry, and if my situation were different I'd happily continue my work.

Thanks, CharredPC
    [email protected]
    Brazen9000, pkcable and mikeplus1 like this.
    12-28-10 10:27 AM
    That's pretty strange. Normally if people have problems, it's with the TV. Radio has been reported to work even on old 4.6 devices. Have you tried both on Wifi and 3G?
    Actually have only tried in wifi before. In Wifi I get the connection time out error, but with 3G i get "Error 403: Forbidden. You are not authorized to view this page". I think that has something to do with the firewall set up by my company's IT department, so maybe nothing anyone can do to help me there, but would love to get it working even on wifi.
    12-28-10 10:36 AM
    To further entice, perspective buyers. I had pledge 25 dollars per month in dedicated server support donation to Charred and I will continue that support with the new owner. So if you decide to buy YB, you can expect 25 a month in donation from me.
    12-28-10 02:12 PM
    First of all, thanks to CharredPC for all the work and time that has been put into Yesterberry. Second of all, Rich why don't you buy it if you can afford $25/month it should be no problem to raise the rest here on CB alone.

Seriously, is there any way that CrackBerry could take this over and maybe even make it pay for itself with a little extra money to make some improvements. I am sure that there are others that would pledge monthly donations to keep this thing going if it were being run by CrackBerry as I know I would.

Mike
    12-30-10 07:17 PM
    What's up with that "babes" channel that just replays the same 5 girls over and over lmao. And it looks like they're afraid to show their booty's....

12-31-10 08:11 AM
546 ... 1819202122
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD