Ok first off guys, Im not complaining about the service. I thought this thread was for updates and any issues in general so that why I posted the latest issue I was seeing.

I love the idea behind the service and agree that it is a huge plus. I just didnt understand why a channel such as hbo worked fine one day, then its availability was removed, then when it came back it worked but the audio was compressed which charred himself said he was working on and then reported as fixed and then it was removed again.

most channels work just fine so i dont think it would be a codec issue, just certain ones like the cbs one refuse to begin playing for whatever reason.

All I was doing is trying to make him aware of any issues which again that what I thought part of the goal of this thread was for.
    Submissions may look the same to you, as an end-user, but they are very different beasts. Some are rough, low-resolution, badly-encoded things that are a struggle to convert completely into Blackberry h264/mp4a format. That feed got shut off after being around for a few weeks- again, I have no way of knowing why, but other that leaving a dead link on the website, I had no choice but to remove/replace the channel. Someone submitted another source eventually, and I quickly tossed it up. It turned out that the encoding process had to be completely restructured to solve a audio problem from the source. Shortly after I corrected it, the feed went dead. I monitored it for a few hours, and once it returned, it was broadcasting an entirely different channel. Again, I had no choice but to remove it.

One thing to remember is that these channels come from dozens of sources. Each is encoded differently, so some work while others don't. Even some channels using the exact same codecs mysteriously don't function on certain models, and no one has been able to figure out why. I definitely do appreciate your reporting if a channel isn't working. In some rare cases I have a backup submission, or will loop things through the stream server to fix problems. Usually reporting a channel as dead simply gets it removed. I suppose I'm also partly to blame; after the never-ending onslaught of where-did-this-channel-go and why-won't-you-add-this-station emails (no matter how clear I am here or on the website about user submitted content), I'm probably a bit touchy
    11-10-10 04:17 PM
    No big deal, I figured it was an issue with the stream or something, but I just wanted to make you aware of my experiences in the off chance you didnt know. No harm no foul. i just wish the damn tv companies would make it easier for us to see their stuff for free. :P
    11-10-10 04:25 PM
    WOW Charred, this is insane!! I have sooo many channels set up in my faves already and you just keep adding more and more daily. I almost can get rid of my cable service.
    11-11-10 08:56 AM
    WOW Charred, this is insane!! I have sooo many channels set up in my faves already and you just keep adding more and more daily. I almost can get rid of my cable service.
    Glad you approve! This morning I added a couple channels, replaced some problematic ones, and checked every single English TV channel (all 119) on my 9700 to verify they work properly. As of this moment, they all function fine. Later today I'll do the same thing in the Live Radio and non-English TV sections.

EDIT: It has been noted that some new channels are only working on Wifi, not 3G. I'm not sure if this is a carrier block or if the source is filtering things somehow. I'm looking into it.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 11-11-10 at 03:35 PM.
    11-11-10 10:09 AM
    found out that a lot of the channels that didn't work for me on 3G works for me on wifi so i guess it's not cause of the Torch or OS6... love the new channel additions today though!

update: lol... i didn't even realize you mentioned this already above me Charred.
    11-11-10 11:21 PM
    Just popped in to say thanks for all you do CharredPC.
    11-13-10 12:54 PM
    I love this site. Now I can get my Fox News fix in the morning!
    11-15-10 07:38 AM
    Site News:
    I've been pretty sick, so haven't done much updating to Yesterberry. The source for three of our UK channels officially removed them- it looks like this time it's for good- so I'm compensating with the stream server. This means that almost everything in the first two rows or the English Live TV section (thirteen channels total) is being pushed through the server. I'm working on a solution to make the new network channels work everywhere, not just on wifi, but looping them through the stream server as well. Speaking of the server, in twelve days it will be time to pay the monthly rental fee, and we don't yet have enough donations to cover it. If you've been wanting a Fave login but haven't quite been able to spare a full $25, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out
    11-15-10 10:41 AM
    Site News:
    I've been pretty sick, so haven't done much updating to Yesterberry. The source for three of our UK channels officially removed them- it looks like this time it's for good- so I'm compensating with the stream server. This means that almost everything in the first two rows or the English Live TV section (thirteen channels total) is being pushed through the server. I'm working on a solution to make the new network channels work everywhere, not just on wifi, but looping them through the stream server as well. Speaking of the server, in twelve days it will be time to pay the monthly rental fee, and we don't yet have enough donations to cover it. If you've been wanting a Fave login but haven't quite been able to spare a full $25, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out
    Unfortunately I can not make my $25 dec donation until 12/16, as 12/3 is my mortgage payment pay, so don't count on me, BUT you did just get my Nov donation.

I'm NOT saying everyone should donate monthly like I do, BUT the server costs ARE monthly so even if you have donated already, please feel free to continue to help.
    11-15-10 12:03 PM
    I continue to enjoy this site, and thank charredPC for his tireless work. If you are using this site and have not donated money it is time to do so. Mobitv is $9.99 a month, yesterberry is FAR BETTER than mobitv. donate some $ now to keep this yesterberry going strong. My second donation has been sent today.
    11-16-10 06:09 AM
    Omg, I love this app!!! Thanks so much....
    11-16-10 07:51 AM
    Watch Internet TV, Live Online Television, Web TV Channels has a lot of great streaming rock and metal vid channels. Any way to work those into Yesterberry?

Thanks for your hard work!
    11-16-10 03:21 PM
    Watch Internet TV, Live Online Television, Web TV Channels has a lot of great streaming rock and metal vid channels. Any way to work those into Yesterberry?

Unfortunately that site appears to link to a bunch of embedded Flash players from various other websites, so can't be used. There's pretty much no easy way to capture / convert from Flash (which is why so many sites use it). If you locate any rtsp:// or even mms:// streams, those will work.

I'm aware that the HBO feed switched over to CBS yesterday. I'm leaving it up anyway for now to see if the source corrects the problem; if they haven't by tonight, I'll remove / relabel the channel. I'm also still working on a way to reroute the network channels so they work on 3G. For now, they remain Wifi only. If I don't make any progress today, I'll relabel them "(Wifi Only)" so there's no confusion.
    11-16-10 03:37 PM

It's flash, so, unfortunately not, BUT that site DOES have an impressive lineup, gonna bookmark it on my home PC.

HOWEVER, I think YesterBerry has a fairly impressive lineup also, with the uk channels, and the recently added networks.
    11-16-10 03:39 PM
    Where do you get the channels from? Like where are they streaming from?

Thank you, now I won't be bored at work, especially listening to "MST3K" all day!!!
    11-18-10 12:41 PM
    Where do you get the channels from? Like where are they streaming from?

Thank you, now I won't be bored at work, especially listening to "MST3K" all day!!!
    Dozens of sources, from all over the world. MST3K is a popular one Shame it's going away soon, along with all the UK channels.

Site News:
    The network channels will remain Wifi-Only. I did figure out how to work around this, but I'd need a second stream server to make it happen. And since we can't afford the one we have, it's not going to happen. 10,000+ users each day, and not even .001% donate to keep Yesterberry alive.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 11-18-10 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Typo? Me? Neevar! ;)
    11-18-10 01:10 PM
    Damn! I love the UK stations!
    11-18-10 02:29 PM
    Looks like the website host is having issues as of a few minutes ago:

11/19/2010 01:26pm: Our technician is currently investigating a server problem. The source of this problem is unknown at this time. The duration of assessing this is approximately 15 to 45 minutes.

Don't Panic! I'm sure they'll have things back up in no time.

EDIT: I was right- less than an hour of down time, and we're back.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 11-19-10 at 03:10 PM.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-19-10 02:39 PM
    I'm going to give this a shot, thanks.
    11-20-10 12:59 PM
    You will really enjoy it. It's a great program.
    11-20-10 08:39 PM
    Site News:
    Announcing a 12-hour special on Yesterberry Fave logins- any donation of just $10 or more gets you your own permanent login! This removes all ads (forever), gives you your own editable custom tv/radio lineup page, makes the launcher or bookmark direct you immediately to it, lets you participate in voting for new channels (will update that section shortly, I promise), and gives you peace of mind knowing that Yesterberry will stick around for your enjoyment in the future. If you've been meaning to show your support, there's no better time than now
    11-21-10 02:11 PM
    Site News:
    Announcing a 12-hour special on Yesterberry Fave logins- any donation of just $10 or more gets you your own permanent login! This removes all ads (forever), gives you your own editable custom tv/radio lineup page, makes the launcher or bookmark direct you immediately to it, lets you participate in voting for new channels (will update that section shortly, I promise), and gives you peace of mind knowing that Yesterberry will stick around for your enjoyment in the future. If you've been meaning to show your support, there's no better time than now
    Where do I go for the donation? I'm not sure how to donate and I will do so right now!!! Thanks!
    11-21-10 02:19 PM
    Where do I go for the donation? I'm not sure how to donate and I will do so right now!!! Thanks!
    According to the CrackBerry forum rules, I'm unfortunately not allowed to post a direct link. But our Paypal address is the website support email. Make sure to include your desired username / password in the notes/comment section, so I can set it up immediately. Thank you for supporting Yesterberry!
    11-21-10 03:09 PM
    TY. Donation sent.
    Thanks for the excellent programming!
    11-21-10 03:37 PM
    Ohhh...don't work on my 8520, i only can play radio, sorry i'dont speak very well english
    11-21-10 05:29 PM
546 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD