this is awesome! great streaming quality! keep up the good work !
    10-30-10 04:59 AM
    This is a great site. Thanks for all your hard work!
    10-30-10 06:56 AM
    can you add this stream ? its active only during the habs games

exnordic tv on Justin.tv

if i can get montreal hockey games on yesterberry il be a donator for sure

dont know if its a good stream, if anyone knows of a better one let us know
    Last edited by Habs69M; 10-30-10 at 11:59 AM.
    10-30-10 11:56 AM
    can you add this stream ? its active only during the habs games

exnordic tv on Justin.tv

if i can get montreal hockey games on yesterberry il be a donator for sure

dont know if its a good stream, if anyone knows of a better one let us know
    Unfortunately embedded Flash streams- especially protected and temporary ones like that JustinTV's- are pretty much impossible to add to the Yesterberry lineup. There's purposely no easy way to transcode that content. Streams that we can handle are those that can play in a media player such as WMP or VLC, not just in your browser.

Site News:
    All channels are back up and running. Using this new setup to increase our maximum channel load, things might be a bit rocky at first. There's some changes I want to try, but the important thing today was to get everything going again. It also doesn't help that the local internet here is so miserable today that I can't even check the channels myself!
    10-30-10 01:53 PM
    Unfortunately embedded Flash streams- especially protected and temporary ones like that JustinTV's- are pretty much impossible to add to the Yesterberry lineup. There's purposely no easy way to transcode that content. Streams that we can handle are those that can play in a media player such as WMP or VLC, not just in your browser.

Site News:
    All channels are back up and running. Using this new setup to increase our maximum channel load, things might be a bit rocky at first. There's some changes I want to try, but the important thing today was to get everything going again. It also doesn't help that the local internet here is so miserable today that I can't even check the channels myself!

damn i was hoping for some NHL action loll oh well good job with this its awesome
    10-30-10 02:02 PM
    In deep depression - the all Blacks lost to the Wallabies in Hong Kong - still got to see it - thanks charred

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 03:24 PM
    To those looking for NHL action, the channels to look for are Versus, NASN (from a country that has hockey fans such as Sweden or Germany), RDS, CBC, TSN, NHL Network (US or Canada), or regional sports nets from a city with an NHL team. Look for feeds in the rtsp:// format, which is what our blackberries need, IF you find an mms:// format charred might still be able to use it with the server converting it to rtsp. Canadians fans should be on the look out the most for RDS as they show pretty much ALL Canadians games, plus selected other games, it's in French, but hey it's hockey!

PS Go Flyers Go!
    10-30-10 08:04 PM
    Site News:
    The UK channels are pretty darn stable now I'd go so far as to say that barring the source feed shutting down, we should be good to go. And now that I don't have to spend all my time babysitting and manual fixing them, I can finally tend to other things. Speaking of which-

I went through the foreign channel section this morning for the first time in a while, and I sincerely apologize. I found a dozen dead channels. I was able to fix two, then replaced the rest. The Classic Movies channel in the English section has been up and down a lot, so I replaced that too until it stabilizes. The source feed for three of the (non-Yesterberry transcoded) UK channels is currently down; this has happened before and they came back within a few hours, so I'm leaving them as-is for now. If they're still dead by tomorrow, I'll use the backup feeds and see about adding them to the Yesterberry transcoding server.

Today I'm going to implement a stream submission page instead of the current email link. I simply can't keep up with all the "add channel ___" emails, which include no source streams or url's. This probably won't stop them, but might lessen it slightly. Now if only my Spanish were better...
    10-31-10 01:04 PM
    Charred,

Just made my donation - something I have been meaning to do for several weeks now. I find it most entertaining to watch in the morning when I am getting ready for work, even purchased an easel so the BB is tilted just right for viewing. I watch the ABC channel to catch up on the Primetime shows I missed. I also appreciate being able to watch the news from other countries, very interesting to see another perspective on events! Also the 24 hr My Favorite Martian channel (who knew?). And the A/VOD are the best (Love Santa Clause Conquers the Martians).

Thanks for your hard work, dedication and improvements to this project. It is appreciated. Yesterberry is a must have for any BB in my hand.
    10-31-10 01:44 PM
    On my Curve 8330 with OS 4.5, all the mouseover text for each channel icon is written next to the icons, so I don't get a nice grid with all the icons lined up. Is this because of the old BB/OS/browser version I'm using?

Some channels work for me some don't and I get "The media being played is of an unsupported format". Eg. BBC World and CNN International don't work, CBC and The Weather Network do, Discovery Channel starts but freezes after a few seconds. Are these non-working ones using the h264 codec and aren't compatible with my BB?
    Last edited by biznatch; 10-31-10 at 07:31 PM.
    10-31-10 04:42 PM
    On my Curve 8330 with OS 4.5, all the mouseover text for each channel icon is written next to the icons, so I don't get a nice grid with all the icons lined up. Is this because of the old BB/OS/browser version I'm using?

Some channels work for me some don't and I get "The media being played is of an unsupported format". Eg. BBC World and CNN International don't work, CBC and The Weather Network do, Discovery Channel starts but freezes after a few seconds. Are these non-working ones using the h264 codec and aren't compatible with my BB?
    The website pretty much doesn't work with OS4.5, unfortunately. It's designed for OS5 / OS6. Frankly I'm impressed that you got as much as you did working! The non-working ones probably do use the h264 codec- most modern streaming does nowadays. There's not much I can do about the funky layout problems (your old browser just doesn't understand the code), but the A/VOD and Radio sections might still work for you.

Site News:
    For your convenience, Yesterberry can now be accessed at Yesterberry.com, Yesterberry.net, Yesterberry.mobi, and even Yesterberry.co.uk Since the original source feed hasn't come back online, I've been running a few extra UK channels through the server. Then I had to run out of state this afternoon and just got back, so didn't get much else done. Guess I'll have to stay up tonight to do the rest of what I planned for today!
    10-31-10 10:23 PM
    The website pretty much doesn't work with OS4.5, unfortunately. It's designed for OS5 / OS6. Frankly I'm impressed that you got as much as you did working! The non-working ones probably do use the h264 codec- most modern streaming does nowadays. There's not much I can do about the funky layout problems (your old browser just doesn't understand the code), but the A/VOD and Radio sections might still work for you.

Thanks charredpc this is a awesome site! I have 8330 with the 5.0 os and I can't get a lot of the streams. Discory ch. Plays for a couple seconds then stops. Is there a setting or something I need to change? What happen to HBO that was really cool. Also the stern show never works until after his show. Is that the way it allways worked? I'm really stoked to hear bubba! Thanks a lot again! I will donate when its possiable for me.Cheers.

Site News:
    For your convenience, Yesterberry can now be accessed at Yesterberry.com, Yesterberry.net, Yesterberry.mobi, and even Yesterberry.co.uk Since the original source feed hasn't come back online, I've been running a few extra UK channels through the server. Then I had to run out of state this afternoon and just got back, so didn't get much else done. Guess I'll have to stay up tonight to do the rest of what I planned for today!

11-01-10 12:02 AM
    Thanks charredpc this is a awesome site! I have 8330 with the 5.0 os and I can't get a lot of the streams. Discory ch. Plays for a couple seconds then stops. Is there a setting or something I need to change? What happen to HBO that was really cool. Also the stern show never works until after his show. Is that the way it allways worked? I'm really stoked to hear bubba! Thanks a lot again! I will donate when its possiable for me.Cheers.

Even with OS5, the two-year-old 8330 just doesn't have the hardware capability to decode h264 streams. That does limit your access somewhat, since a lot of our channels (and most streams on the web nowadays) use the h264 codec. All live channels are user submitted; as such, unfortunately we have no control if they get shut off. When a channel disappears from the Yesterberry lineup, I'm not just being mean, I promise It means that whoever was running the feed stopped it, or changed the address, or made it unusable for us in some way. My only choice then is to replace the channel with a working one, and hope someone submits a new link for it so we can enjoy it again someday. I haven't spent much time listening to the Stern station, so I'm not sure how it operates. You probably know better than I.
    11-01-10 12:25 AM
    Quick note- the source for the UK feeds is currently completely down. Hopefully it's not permanent. I'll do what I can behind the scenes and keep everyone informed.
    11-01-10 01:17 PM
    Did you check the old source?
    11-01-10 01:28 PM
    Did you check the old source?
    Yeah, old source for a handful of the channels is back, so they're going.

EDIT/UPDATE: While that source is down, I've replaced all the offline channels so there would be no dead links. Some are kind of fun
    Last edited by CharredPC; 11-01-10 at 02:56 PM.
    11-01-10 01:49 PM
    Site News:
    While the UK channels' source hasn't come back up, I managed to find semi-stable LQ alternate feeds for 1 and 2. Hopefully we won't have to put up with such sub-par quality for very long.

I've given the website a facelift on the PC site of things. Now it's a bit more professional, vs the old 'incompatible' page. It felt odd being able to do anything I wanted without needing to adhere to BlackBerry browser compatibility
    11-02-10 12:01 AM
    Don't let him fool you folks, the alternatives look fine! Just not up to HIS standard! LOL Rest assured he's working on it, he probably pulled an all nighter!

EDIT: Our webmaster got 6.0 today and gave us a 6.0 centric facelift, so the site should look MUCH better for 6.0 users.
    11-02-10 07:48 AM
    OMG! I don't know where I have been for the past 6 months since I've had my Bold but I just discovered this app and OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
    I can't believe the stuff I can see with it!!!!!
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!
    It's the best! The best!!!!!!!
    I'm speechless and anyone who knows me knows that is IMPOSSIBLE.....just ask RICH!!!!!!!

Last edited by jaydee5799; 11-02-10 at 04:49 PM.
    11-02-10 04:45 PM
    OMG! I don't know where I have been for the past 6 months since I've had my Bold but I just discovered this app and OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!
    I'm speechless and anyone who knows me knows that is IMPOSSIBLE.....just ask RICH!!!!!!!
    Thank you! How's things in upstate New York? I grew up in Auburn

Site News:
    Our UK source returned! 1/2/4 are back up; I'll get to the rest tonight. As Pkcable said, I've been busy trying to correct some of the disgraceful appearance of Yesterberry in OS6. Still have a ways to go, but it's definitely better now.
    11-02-10 08:08 PM
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

My data usage doubled when I discovered Yesterberry!
    11-02-10 10:20 PM
    Just to let everyone know, it appears that Charred pulled ANOTHER all nighter and all of our favorite channels are back! (well except for a certain spy, BUT that's OK)

Also folks, lets not forget the other side, and really the MAIN side of Yesterberry, the Video (and Audio) on Demand. There are some classic shows to watch and listen to there too, don't forget to check that out!

AND if you have not left a donation yet, OR if you want to continue to help (I send a gift monthly) YB does have monthly server/bandwidth costs and can use the support. YES it's free, BUT it does cost money to run!
    11-03-10 08:49 AM
    Is it possible to add ESPN to the available channels now that ESPN is broadcasting live at: ESPN Networks Home

Not sure what type of links are needed for you to build a connection.
    11-03-10 11:09 AM
    Is it possible to add ESPN to the available channels now that ESPN is broadcasting live at: ESPN Networks Home

Not sure what type of links are needed for you to build a connection.
    It would need to be either an rtsp or mms stream, BUT it is probably a flash stream which we can't use. Also it appears that you must be a Time Warner Cable subscriber in order to use it. Hopefully they will add more providers in the future, as it DOES appear to be an ESPN run thing. . However like I said it's probably flash which we can't use, and Charred is probably not a Time Warner subscriber.
    11-03-10 11:35 AM
    Site News:
    The channel selection has been restored, as pkcable noted. I had a brief stint with OS6 on my 9700, which allowed me to see just what needed doing to make Yesterberry webkit compatible. It should now look much better. Partial list of OS6 bug fixes include-

• Fixed tooltip size and text formatting
    • Fixed size/alignment of channel grids
    • Fixed overlapping icons/tooltips in search
    • Fixed channel icon backdrops in TV/Radio
    • Fixed red/green highlighting in Fave editor
    • Fixed Twitter feed glitch on News page

Overall, I think it's a decent improvement. I've now switched back to OS5. Don't get me wrong, OS6 is very nice, but IMO RIM has some serious bugs to fix before it's ready for prime time (rtsp stream completely locked up the phone when signal was poor, requiring a battery pull; font size is ridiculously large everywhere, and even the smallest option doesn't cure it; common DNAS / *.pls mp3 streams flat out do not function, etc). So be advised that while Yesterberry will continue to support OS6 as much as humanly possible, unless we change the way the internet operates, webkit simply breaks some things beyond repair. If something works in every browser on the planet (including OS5's) but not yours... I don't think that the website is the one with the problem
    11-03-10 12:32 PM
546 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD