Hi there to the new Zealand crew - I am a kiwi too - in the uk though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 10:58 AM
    I have a request, possibly more sports channels that stream live football? like from the European leagues? that would be great
    10-26-10 03:07 PM
    I have a request, possibly more sports channels that stream live football? like from the European leagues? that would be great
    Yeah, it would. Feel free to submit some streams so it can happen
    10-26-10 03:46 PM
    Dude,

They show soccer all the time, on Sports Italia, SiTV, SportTV, CCTV5, & Guangdong Sports. Plus sometimes you can catch it on the UK stations too.
    10-26-10 09:05 PM
    hey charred i got them links for the uk reggae stations i wanted to add but i only had the yourmuze links. heres source link

Vibes FM 93.8fm
    Vibes FM Online

Roots FM 95.4fm
    UKRootsFM

cheers mate
    10-27-10 07:12 AM
    can i just ask is this BIS or data plan related (seeing as it's streamed)
    10-27-10 07:35 AM
    can i just ask is this BIS or data plan related (seeing as it's streamed)
    Data plan, it should work even if you are not connected to the BIS, HOWEVER, you must be able to use the BB browser, and using the browser may require a BIS connection. But Yesterberry works great on wifi!
    10-27-10 07:45 AM
    hey charred i got them links for the uk reggae stations i wanted to add but i only had the yourmuze links. heres source link

Vibes FM 93.8fm
    Vibes FM Online

Roots FM 95.4fm
    UKRootsFM

cheers mate
    Unfortunately those links are in Windows Media format (which is why Yourmuze was needed to use them on your Blackberry). In the future I hope to offer transcoding like Yourmuze does, but as we're in between limited-capacity servers right now, live radio submissions still need to be in BlackBerry compatible MP3 format to be added.
    10-27-10 08:13 AM
    mmm... the whole point is that i would like it on BIS.
    @ R2 per meg in RSA, streaming can get expensive quickly
    10-27-10 08:14 AM
    mmm... the whole point is that i would like it on BIS.
    @ R2 per meg in RSA, streaming can get expensive quickly
    Since I discovered Yesterberry, my data usage has doubled. Fortunately for me, I'm unlimited, and I have access to wifi. Without the wifi, it probably would have tripled.
    10-27-10 09:34 AM
    Dude,

They show soccer all the time, on Sports Italia, SiTV, SportTV, CCTV5, & Guangdong Sports. Plus sometimes you can catch it on the UK stations too.
    Yea I had a browse the last few days and found a game om guangdong I think it was but the quality left a lot to be desired, I only found this on Saturday night so fingers crossed theres a few going next time around
    10-27-10 09:48 AM
    Yea I had a browse the last few days and found a game om guangdong I think it was but the quality left a lot to be desired, I only found this on Saturday night so fingers crossed theres a few going next time around
    I think the S in SiTV stands for soccer as it's ALWAYS on, and SportsItalia is another good bet and both have better quality than Guangdong. CCTV5 also has better quality, but they are more general sports and you are likely to find ANYTHING on there, but soccer sometimes. Huge matches you'll find on BBC1, 4, and ITV1 also, like England vs etc. But keep you eye on SiTV & SportsItalia, and you will NOT be disappointed.
    10-27-10 10:12 AM
    Site News:
    Not much, really. Mostly I'm just waiting on the new stream server to be requisitioned. In the meantime, I've been been rewriting the back-code for fetching our feeds, answering support email, and fine tuning the transcoding process. That last one has gone pretty well. While keeping the quality up, I've improved motion estimation (hopefully less pixel messes), capped the top bandwidth limit (high-motion scenes shouldn't buffer on 3G now), increased the audio quality (now not nearly so painful when using headphones... though maybe it was just me), hopefully fixed the audio sync issue, and solved an OS6-specific bug where the bottom of the picture was distorted. The fact that we have access to the old servers at all is pretty funny, since they finally refunded me for them

I've been looking into the channel guide suggestion, and the big problem I'm hitting is a lack of sources. A simple "now and next" listing on any webpage anywhere on the planet would work, but it seems not to exist for any of our major channels (ie, the UK ones). If someone can suggest or locate one, I'd be most appreciative. Scraping changing data off websites has somehow become a specialty of mine, thanks to the constant changes of our source feeds.
    10-27-10 04:30 PM
    Folks,

I would like to publicly acknowledge the efforts that CharredPC has gone to, in order to make this site/app work better for us all. He is constantly tweaking and fixing and working on things, which he has me check for him. Sometimes I don't want to tell him if something isn't quite right because I know he will worry and work without stopping (even if it means no sleep) to fix it!!! BUT he wants to know about every little flaw and he wants to fix it. And guys, he's done a DAMN GOOD JOB OF IT! So Charred this bud's for you.......

10-27-10 08:33 PM
    I'm testing out a new feature; the UK channels now show what's currently on if you hover over them. The information is being pulled from a third party source, so consider this a trial period to see if they're reliable enough for us to use. If you can think of a better way for it to be implemented, I welcome suggestions. The one bug reported so far is that you may have to lower your font size from 14 to read everything
    10-28-10 02:00 PM
    Amazing

Thank you!

10-28-10 06:04 PM
    You should get USA streaming
    10-28-10 06:28 PM
    I'm a college football nut...can this app get games? Does it stream games on ESPN? Would love to know if I can get my Michigan Wolverines while on the go. Thanks!
    10-28-10 07:13 PM
    I'm a college football nut...can this app get games? Does it stream games on ESPN? Would love to know if I can get my Michigan Wolverines while on the go. Thanks!
    ABC Mobile usually has one of the ABC sat games, plus the sports section has several channels that might have games, like Gungdong Sports & CCTV5. The only ESPN is Deportes.
    10-28-10 10:59 PM
    You should get USA streaming
    Submit some streams and I'll be happy to add them

The guide info had a bug so the feature got turned off for a while. It's back now, and should stay working properly. Let's still call it a 'beta feature' though, just in case I'm mistaken and everything goes horribly wrong, okay?
    10-29-10 01:27 AM
    Charred, I keep getting emails from this post of people asking you to add features - I hope those requesting things have donated to the site
    I wanted to agree with PK and those others who have thanked you for your ridiculously generous contribution of time, skill, effort, and monetary resources.

10-29-10 01:33 AM
    Site News:
    It's been a busy day, and it's only half over!

The UK guide data seems to be working. I've noticed instances where they can be ten to fifteen minutes off, but they're usually pretty accurate. After letting them run for a bit longer, I'll start tightening up the timings and seeing if I can't get it updating every five minutes or so. It's really too bad that there's no guide data available online for other popular (mobile version) channels, or I'd add this feature to them too.

We've officially moved all streams over to the new server. It's a night and day difference for me- instead of two channels barely running on two laggy VPS servers, there's now seven channels pumping through the new one without it even hitting 100% cpu This has allowed me to bring back some channels we've previously enjoyed, as well as a new stream submission. Check for them on the main English page. I am still doing a few last tweaks on things, so if a channel goes down momentarily, Don't Panic, that's likely why.

With the new server in place, the Voting area has been re-opened for business for those with Fave logins! Have your say in what is offered on Yesterberry, since your donations helped make it possible. If you don't have a login yet, it's easy to get. Any donation of $25 or more gives you a lifetime account, to remove all ads, gain one-click access to your Faves personal tv/radio lineup, and participate in the weekly votes. See Yesterberry for more details.

Okay, enough slacking off and rambling. Back to work I go!
    10-29-10 02:43 PM
    Site News
    In between support emails, I did a bunch of bugfixing this afternoon. Noticed that Four's guide info wasn't updating with the others, so went through the code and found the typo. Yep, totally my fault. See, this is why most applications have multiple developers, beta testers, QA checks... at least being a web app, it was an instant universal fix

The channels with guide data weren't pulling up in searches or the Fave Edit page, so the code there had to be tweaked. I then discovered a parsing glitch that cut off descriptions when they included a quote. A simple removal patch solved it. Also tightened up the timings; now the guide info should be a maximum of five minutes behind at any given point, but statistically will be pretty much always right. Hopefully some folk find them helpful.

In the Faves area, the 'pkcable bug' (only person to discover and report it) in which your Faves might not show up if you refresh the page after your session expires, has been resolved. A 9700 owner with OS6 (no, I'm not kidding) contacted me to report that the site wasn't yet compatible with it. That too was a quick fix, though I did mention how I could ensure full compatibility if he shared a copy with me (No, he can't, but was a very nice chap about it.)

I again feel like I've been ignoring the Audio / Video On Demand area. It's really ironic in a way, since that section is how Yesterberry began, where it got its name, and is really the only section where I control the content. Now the user-submitted Live sections get all the attention. In any case, I'll try and get another dozen or so movies up this weekend, and maybe even a requested audio or two.

Now just because I feel like it, some random facts you didn't know about Yesterberry:

-Receives between 5,000 and 30,000+ hits a day, the majority from USA 9700's
    -All transcoding / restreaming is done with 100% free open source software
    -Recently celebrated its 6 month 'birthday' (first tiny little hobby page)
    -Entirely written by hand in a text editor (no WYSIWYG bloating allowed!)
    -Coded on a Mac, served off Linux, and streamed using Windows Server 2008
    -The author himself doesn't even have 3G, and local Wifi is spotty at best

I'm really looking forward to moving in March, where I'll finally have decent network coverage and get to use this Yesteberry thing people seem to like
    10-29-10 05:22 PM
    Charred, I keep getting emails from this post of people asking you to add features - I hope those requesting things have donated to the site

I sure hope so too!! I did and am enjoying the utilization of the favs area. Everyone, if you like Yesterberry and want to see it continue, please donate to support the developers extensive time put into this daily!!
    10-29-10 09:48 PM
    Bear with me for a bit while the UK channels are down; I'm working with server support (yes, another all-nighter for me) to resolve a net hiccup issue that was resetting things every so often. On a good note, I may have found a way to increase the channel capacity using our existing setup!

EDIT:
    All channels are back up, plus extras. Too tired to do any more right now, but it's worth noting that the server isn't even at full capacity yet. I added guide info to the ones I could, fixed some background coding for the source feeds, and struggled with the auto-restart system. Warning- it's not working yet. Channels may go down until I can manually restart them until the system's in place. I'll do my best to figure it out ASAP tomorrow.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-30-10 at 05:53 AM.
    10-30-10 03:01 AM
546 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD