Hey Charred, is there be a way to get back to the faves page once you've navigated away from it to another area?
    Yes- just click the login button, and you'll be right back there. Now that you mention it, that isn't very clear, is it? I'll work on adding a Faves link that directs you to the login, instead of just a button. I'm trying to clean up the interface at the moment anyway; all on-demand material (both audio and video) are now in their own section. The Radio link brings up Live Radio, just like the TV link brings up Live TV. It should hopefully make more sense now.

How do you like the Faves feature so far?

EDIT: I've just added Faves to the main menu. That should make things easier Thank you, ladymeggs!
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-21-10 at 11:14 PM.
    10-21-10 10:58 PM
    I really like how you changed it to show your selected faves highlighted in green making if easy to know which ones you have already picked without having to go back and forth or trying to remember.
    10-21-10 11:18 PM
    This is awesome. Watching a Jackie Chan flick right now on the Action channel lol. This is a must have!!
    10-22-10 01:55 AM
    okay so i downloaded the app, radio is working fine (i tried only a couple) when i go to tv all that i have tried so far in various categories (over 15) give me following error message
    cannot find web address, verify that this web address is valid

i am using 9700 bold with 5.0.0.593 software

p.s. does the app work outside us
    10-22-10 02:59 AM
    CharredPC - I want to thank you for an OUTSTANDING site that looks and functions better than most of the apps actually loaded on my Bold!

And double thanks for adding MST3K!!! Whoo-hoo!
    10-22-10 07:22 AM
    okay so i downloaded the app, radio is working fine (i tried only a couple) when i go to tv all that i have tried so far in various categories (over 15) give me following error message
    cannot find web address, verify that this web address is valid

i am using 9700 bold with 5.0.0.593 software

p.s. does the app work outside us
    Yes, this app is designed to work worldwide. Are you getting this error using Wifi or your cell network? It seems that something is either blocking port 554, or the RTSP video streaming protocol itself, which is why the TV channels don't work. If you're connected using Wifi, it might be as simple as changing a setting in your router. If you're using your cell network, it may be that your provider blocks video streaming. It would be helpful for troubleshooting if you tried both and let me know the results.

CharredPC - I want to thank you for an OUTSTANDING site that looks and functions better than most of the apps actually loaded on my Bold!

And double thanks for adding MST3K!!! Whoo-hoo!
    Thank you! Just a warning- MST3k is a submission that we have to run through our own servers to process into BlackBerry format. Since we currently don't have enough donations for the monthly server fees, unfortunately that channel (and four other popular ones) will be disappearing soon
    10-22-10 08:58 AM
    Come on everyone, let's all become donars and continue to support this awesome program.
    10-22-10 10:58 AM
    Very nice idea. Does anyone know if this works with OS6? Sorry if this has been asked, I haven't read every post.
    10-22-10 12:14 PM
    Yes, this app is designed to work worldwide. Are you getting this error using Wifi or your cell network? It seems that something is either blocking port 554, or the RTSP video streaming protocol itself, which is why the TV channels don't work. If you're connected using Wifi, it might be as simple as changing a setting in your router. If you're using your cell network, it may be that your provider blocks video streaming. It would be helpful for troubleshooting if you tried both and let me know the results.

Thank you! Just a warning- MST3k is a submission that we have to run through our own servers to process into BlackBerry format. Since we currently don't have enough donations for the monthly server fees, unfortunately that channel (and four other popular ones) will be disappearing soon

Thanks for quick response... i tried using both wifi and network didnt work... if you can let me know a fix around for wifi i can try that first... BTW i just checked youtube isnt working either through direct link gives kinda same error.

Again thanks for great app... enjoying the radio very much
    10-22-10 12:36 PM
    Very nice idea. Does anyone know if this works with OS6? Sorry if this has been asked, I haven't read every post.
    Yes it works with no problems with OS 6
    10-22-10 12:53 PM
    Thanks for quick response... i tried using both wifi and network didnt work... if you can let me know a fix around for wifi i can try that first... BTW i just checked youtube isnt working either through direct link gives kinda same error.

Again thanks for great app... enjoying the radio very much
    Hrm... if both wifi and the network aren't working, that usually points to your device itself. I'm not an expert on the subject, but is the phone set up with a BES? From what I understand, this would block RTSP video streaming.

Site News:
    The Live Radio section has been integrated into the Faves. As I mentioned last night, the navigation menus have been reworked to make more sense (A/VOD for the Audio and Video On Demand, TV for Live TV, Radio for Live Radio, and a direct link to the Faves area / login page). Let me know if you can think of any more ideas for improvements, no matter how large or small.

Yesterberry continues its publicity trend worldwide- the most recent is from BBerryBlog. I like their screenshot
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-22-10 at 01:36 PM.
    10-22-10 01:18 PM
    Site News:
    Last night I fixed an unreported bug in the radio area, which caused a display glitch. I also implemented a check to stop direct page access, after someone decided to try posting links on Twitter �_� Seriously, the index page is there for a reason. It might have worked for you to enter url's manually because you've visited the site previously, but for others it just breaks the phone detection and displays at the wrong resolution, so I get email complaints. If you want quicker access to the TV section, a small donation makes it so your Faves page is the first thing you see.

I've kept our four remaining Yesterberry-transcoded channels running, if just barely. It will be sad to see them go. Fair warning, they should have been gone already. If the last hosting company wasn't so completely disorganized, they would have shut them down last week.
    10-23-10 10:03 AM
    Donation made!

Folks - CharredPC has put more effort into this FREE product than most developers put into their pay-for apps... Help support YesterBerry and give it a shot at becoming a self-supporting site.

I'll say it again: MST3K! Whoo hoo! (It's either MST3K or Cheetos from the breakroom vending machine. MST3K has fewer calories. )
    10-23-10 06:21 PM
    this is f'kin genius, take a bow
    10-23-10 07:38 PM
    Site News:
    Struggled with the old stream servers last night and today. On one hand, it's a good thing we're ditching this company, because they're becoming downright unusable. On the other hand... no refund yet (not that I expect much, if any) and next to no donations means that the replacement server isn't likely to happen anytime soon. It just means the difference between being able to convert your submitted streams to BlackBerry format- or not. As a heads-up, channels we've recently done this for are the UK channels (1/2/3, Channel 4, CBBC, The Vault), MST3K, and others. Service for them ends this week. I guess if it isn't important to other people, it shouldn't be important to me. Yesterberry is really your service, not mine.

I altered some background code that was producing undesirable results (redirecting to the News page upon refreshing). It probably didn't affect many people, but here on my near-useless BIS connection in nowheresville, half or more of the images don't load on the first try, so refreshing is required Anyway, it's all fixed now.

I'm still open for new ideas and features to implement, if anyone has a suggestion.
    10-24-10 06:01 PM
    ?
    Thanks CharredPC, this is by far the BEST offered out their. I'm impressed !! You carry on and believe me I for one will be a subscriber !!
    10-24-10 06:16 PM
    Donation sent to bring total up to $25. (email sent for login)

Keep up the great work!!!
    10-25-10 08:17 AM
    Site News:
    I'm still open for new ideas and features to implement, if anyone has a suggestion.
    Charred,

Not sure if this is doable, but how about a way to link to a programming guide to show what is playing? Maybe it could be a subscriber benefit that would pull in more donations. Would be sweet if it would show what's playing on your faves!!
    10-25-10 08:20 AM
    Love the App but having some issues with viewing.
    Sorry if this has been posted already but I am using a Torch 9800 6.0 software Rogers Canada network and it works PERFECT on WIFI but if I go to 3g it gives me a address error. The way I get this working is to go into Advances system settings, Host Routing Table. Menu and Register Now to reset the service books. Then a battery pull.

After all that the videos will work on 3G but within 12 hrs it seems to stop working and Ill have to reset again. Any ideas?

By the way it seems to do the same thing with Mobile Youtube as well. In case that helps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 10:17 AM
    Donation sent to bring total up to $25. (email sent for login)

Keep up the great work!!!
    Requested login information sent. Thank you for supporting Yesterberry!

Charred,

Not sure if this is doable, but how about a way to link to a programming guide to show what is playing? Maybe it could be a subscriber benefit that would pull in more donations. Would be sweet if it would show what's playing on your faves!!

That would be a big plus. Obviously, this could only be done with certain channels (not all of them have published guides) but I'll definitely look into it.

Big Site News:
    Thanks to your sudden rash of generous donations (you know who you are!), I've just placed the order and paid the first month's fees for our new stream server! It's roughly the same price as the one we had, but this is a true dedicated quad core with a 1Gbps connection, not a buggy VPS. And no one can possibly be as bad as the last company we used, right? I'll announce when things are set up and the channels start migrating over
    10-25-10 10:54 AM
    Love the App but having some issues with viewing.
    Sorry if this has been posted already but I am using a Torch 9800 6.0 software Rogers Canada network and it works PERFECT on WIFI but if I go to 3g it gives me a address error. The way I get this working is to go into Advances system settings, Host Routing Table. Menu and Register Now to reset the service books. Then a battery pull.

After all that the videos will work on 3G but within 12 hrs it seems to stop working and Ill have to reset again. Any ideas?

By the way it seems to do the same thing with Mobile Youtube as well. In case that helps?

It's unfortunately a Rogers Canada thing, designed by them to stop customers from doing video streaming on their network. The fix you've found is the only one I know of. It's annoying, but at least there's some kind of a workaround. I'll let you know if I hear of any other way around it.
    10-25-10 11:01 AM
    Thank you very much for this amazing service.

Is there a way to get NASA TV working again? I would love to watch the shuttle launch next monday.

Thanks again for providing this for the masses
    10-25-10 04:00 PM
    Thank you very much for this amazing service.

Is there a way to get NASA TV working again? I would love to watch the shuttle launch next monday.

Thanks again for providing this for the masses
    Unfortunately I only have two source streams for NASA TV, and both are having BlackBerry-compatibility issues. If either resolve themselves, or I get another submitted, I'll get it swapped out immediately.
    10-25-10 05:06 PM
    MST 3000!!!!!! YEEEEESSSS! Thank you!!!! Charred!

10-26-10 07:42 AM
    Here's a random bit of fun info. How big has Yesterberry become? Well, besides getting 10,000 or more visitors each day, our user base has spread to the following countries (deep breath now!):

United States of America, United Kingdom, Mexico, Venezuela, Canada, Spain, Indonesia, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Italy, United Arab Emirates, Argentina, Bolivia, Netherlands, Austria, Singapore, Pakistan, Australia, Montserrat, Colombia, India, South Africa, France, Dominican Republic, Malaysia, Egypt, Zambia, Ecuador, Cayman Islands, Chile, Qatar, Moldova, Costa Rica, Ireland, Romania, Liechtenstein, Hong Kong, Belgium, Guatemala, Puerto Rico, Turkey, Hungary, Poland, Malta, Brazil, Nicaragua, Philippines, Peru, Luxembourg, Honduras, Vietnam, Lebanon, Panama, Israel, Jamaica, Nigeria, Algeria, China, Montenegro, Bermuda, Norway, Thailand, Bulgaria, Greece, Sweden, Aruba, Cambodia, Denmark, Taiwan, Ghana, Japan, Jordan, Portugal, Bahrain, Oman, New Zealand, Czech Republic, Uruguay, Switzerland, Uganda...

..and the list grows everyday
    10-26-10 09:17 AM
546 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD