I just saw this and downloaded it. I am currently watching The View on my 9700 in my office, thank you sooooo much!!!!
    10-20-10 09:04 AM
    THANK YOU!!! This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for and wanted! When you first started this I thought it was a great concept and appreciated the effort, but at first it just wasn't exactly what i was looking for. (no offense) but i expected that once you did get more up, like every other site like this, you'd either have to start charging or it just wouldn't get this good, but you sure proved me wrong! I didn't check back for quite a while, and now today i took a chance and looked, and you have far exceeding my expectations. I'm not in a position to contribute like i would like to, to you, but i want you to know that I(as well as many others probably do) really appreciate what you've done and am very greatful! Keep up the great work!
    10-20-10 09:41 AM
    I'm having an issue viewing on my Torch - it comes up with feeds when I go to TV, but not that many...is this normal??? Because from the preview photos, there are supposed to be more of them?

Thanks for any info you can provide
    10-20-10 09:44 AM
    I'm having an issue viewing on my Torch - it comes up with feeds when I go to TV, but not that many...is this normal??? Because from the preview photos, there are supposed to be more of them?

When you click "TV," it shows the different categories (English Channels, Other Languages, Sports, News, Movies, etc). Clicking on any of these options brings up the actual channels. Also, once in the English or Other Language sections, it will show 21 channels per page. Hope this helps!
    10-20-10 09:48 AM

OMG, I'm such a blonde. LOL. I haven't had my morning coffee yet. hahaha. Thanks for the quick reply!
    10-20-10 09:50 AM
    After you go to TV, then scroll down, and click on one of the flags, the half UK half US flag brings you to the English language channels, the icon next to it, is for the other countries, then Sports, then Movies, then News, then Music. After you click on one of the icons THEN the list of channels for that category will come up. SOMEtimes the lists will change, but they are usually pretty good.

Also don't forget there is plenty of good Video & Audio on demand also from yesteryear (hence the name YesterBerry), that you can watch and listen too. And there are live member submitted radio streams too, under Audio, just like the member submitted TV channels. Everyone loves the TV channels thou!

Also IF you donate 25 dollars or more CharredPC will give you a login that removes the ads, AND gives you the ability to create a custom list of favorite channels that will come up every time you login, thus bypassing any channels you don't like. HOWEVER, Charred fully believes that the content should be free and as such, all content is available to everyone regardless of donation. Donations of name size are accepted, but no donation is required to receive any of the content.
    10-20-10 09:58 AM
    first I would like to thank you for the app and secondly i would like to thank you for the quick email help which I have to say was far greater than my carrier's support people sprint/nextel.My hat is off to you Michael
    10-20-10 10:53 AM
    Everything works except tv media player says unsupported format ?? Anyone have any advice?
    10-20-10 11:00 AM
    Everything works except tv media player says unsupported format ?? Anyone have any advice?
    Unfortunately, according to the official BlackBerry spec sheets, your 8350i isn't compatible with the H.264 codec that most online streams (and therefore 75% or more of the Live TV section) use. Certain foreign channels, the VOD movies, and the Live and On Demand audio should still work for you. I'm sorry there isn't a way to fix this; it's a hardware limitation due to the two year old design.
    10-20-10 11:15 AM
    It doesn't work when I have my browser set to hotspot browser on my 9700, but you said it works on wifi. If I set my browser to internet browser instead will I be charged data or will it still use wifi if I'm connected?
    10-20-10 01:18 PM
    It doesn't work when I have my browser set to hotspot browser on my 9700, but you said it works on wifi. If I set my browser to internet browser instead will I be charged data or will it still use wifi if I'm connected?
    On my 9700, I can set it to Hotspot Browser and Yesterberry works just fine. You might have to make sure that the Browser Identification is still set to BlackBerry (and probably reboot after all changes are saved). Do any websites work for you after after switching to Hotspot?
    10-20-10 01:26 PM
    Yesterberry should work via wifi or cellular, however not all channels and all videos will work for all users. Sometimes you have to try a channel or video a couple times before it will play.

Folks,

Yesterberry appeared on another blog today!!!!! BlackBerry Cool did a nice blog on the site.....

Streaming Video and Audio Channels From YesterBerry Web App | BlackBerry Cool
    10-20-10 01:27 PM
    On my 9700, I can set it to Hotspot Browser and Yesterberry works just fine. You might have to make sure that the Browser Identification is still set to BlackBerry (and probably reboot after all changes are saved). Do any websites work for you after after switching to Hotspot?

After the reset it works, thanks
    Last edited by crisg723; 10-20-10 at 01:32 PM.
    10-20-10 01:30 PM
    I can't get any streams to work on my Pearl 9100. Every link goes into the player and results in either the "Cannot find web address" or the "Server is blocked or unresponsive" message.

I have 5 bars of signal strength and I'm running 5.0.0.882.

Any ideas?
    10-20-10 01:30 PM
    I can't get any streams to work on my Pearl 9100. Every link goes into the player and results in either the "Cannot find web address" or the "Server is blocked or unresponsive" message.

I have 5 bars of signal strength and I'm running 5.0.0.882.

Any ideas?
    Is that five bars of 3G? Even five bars of GPRS won't work. Is it just the Live TV channels that won't work, or also the Radio and VOD sections? Also, what carrier are you on? I've had reports of this happening on certain carriers who block streaming completely to conserve bandwidth.
    10-20-10 01:34 PM
    Thank you,after one week its working on my boostberry 8350i
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-20-10 01:46 PM
    Great work Charred! I saw Yesterberry mentioned in a few of my Blackberry related RSS feeds today.
    10-20-10 02:20 PM
    You would think Charred hired a PR guy or something!
    10-20-10 02:37 PM
    Love the new app! Can't wait to get home and explore it more. Will be listening to some cool stuff on the way home today. Thanks! Will make a small donation this evening!
    10-20-10 04:06 PM
    Is that five bars of 3G? Even five bars of GPRS won't work. Is it just the Live TV channels that won't work, or also the Radio and VOD sections? Also, what carrier are you on? I've had reports of this happening on certain carriers who block streaming completely to conserve bandwidth.
    I have 5 bars of 3G.

I'm on Rogers (in Canada).

I went back to test this again and guess what - both video and audio work fine now!

I didn't change anything, so maybe it was a temporary network glitch.
    10-20-10 05:08 PM
    I have 5 bars of 3G.

I'm on Rogers (in Canada).

I went back to test this again and guess what - both video and audio work fine now!

I didn't change anything, so maybe it was a temporary network glitch.
    That's always great to hear! Glad it was resolved for you.

So no one thinks I'm slacking off or anything- by request, I added some more channels today (mostly Arabic and Spanish, with a dash of English and German). An unreported bug got fixed for the OS6 folk's TV category pages, and I've started work on the next new feature (radio search / radio faves). I've also been kept busy with a sudden influx of support email. It feels like I'm back in the tech support cubicle

With much whining and foot-dragging, the old stream host finally says our account is closed, and a small partial refund may or may not be coming in 5-7 business days. I now don't feel quite so bad about the unkind words I said about them a page or so ago. To think that after weeks of unresolved complaints and inaction on their part, I demanded a refund and warned them that I'd be forced to file with the Better Business Bureau if this wasn't resolved. Their reply today was "is sad to see that client tries to take advantage of vendor with tread of bad review."

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and support here, on Twitter, and in the various blogs that are starting to notice this little project. I'm rather proud of what it's become. Maybe sooner or later I'll get a moment to enjoy it myself!
    10-20-10 05:15 PM
    Yesterberry should work via wifi or cellular, however not all channels and all videos will work for all users. Sometimes you have to try a channel or video a couple times before it will play.

Folks,

Yesterberry appeared on another blog today!!!!! BlackBerry Cool did a nice blog on the site.....

Streaming Video and Audio Channels From YesterBerry Web App | BlackBerry Cool
    Cool I can't wait to use it

10-20-10 07:50 PM
    Folks,

Don't forget we need your donations in order to help support the new server. Our old server will be gone soon and we will be losing 4 of our UK favorite channels. Donations of any size accepted, but a donation of 25 or more will get you a login that removes that ads (which speeds things up) and gives you access to the favorites lists, which lets you create a list of favorite channels.

REMEMBER thou, all the content is and always will be free no donation is required! You just get extra features!
    10-21-10 11:48 AM
    Site News:
    I do believe I'm running out of bugs to fix!

Today I fixed an oversight on my part that kept BlackBerry 8520 users from being able to access the site (sorry about that, all better now). I also optimized a few bits of code here and there as I spotted anything that wasn't perfect. Then in between handling support emails, I went ahead and knocked out the new Live Radio features; now it has a search and categories just like the Live TV area. My goal tomorrow is to integrate it into the Faves area. And once that's done... well, I'm sure you all will help me think of more ideas.

I'm not sure anyone reads this, but I need to say it one more time to be clear. I can't just add a station because you want me to, no matter how many emails you send begging for it. I honestly really, really wish I could, but it doesn't work that way. Everything in the Live areas are submitted by users, either finding stream sources on Google, or sometimes running their own stream. Either is fine, but Yesterberry can not and will not ever be a source provider for live material. The closest we'll get is to transcode submitted existing streams into a compatible format... and judging by the current server and donation status, that will end shortly anyway. Also, finding a webpage with an embedded Flash player unfortunately doesn't count as finding a source stream. There's no way to capture or convert that video for use. Actual streams we can use are in 'rtsp://AdressOrIpNumberHere:554/stream.sdp' format. People much more clever than I have the methods or resources of finding them, so don't ask me how.

I also feel obligated to bring up stream stability. A lot of the streams that are submitted tend to be- well, unstable. They get shut off, the address changes, the host has computer issues, reboots, gets bored with it or can't handle the bandwidth... whatever the reason, they tend to get disappear a lot. We've been really lucky with a majority of our submissions, but it's still a full time job verifying that each of the 300+ live channels are functioning each day. Plus there's also occasional problems at the stream source that resolves themselves with time. I'm actually pretty proud of the lack of dead channels/stations. If you ever visit Ustream, JustinTV, or any of the other similar PC sites, the majority of the offerings there seem down or off air. I panic and hurriedly get to work if two channels are reported down!

All right, enough of my soapbox ramblings. Enjoy your Yesterberry, folks!
    10-21-10 08:44 PM
    Hey Charred, is there be a way to get back to the faves page once you've navigated away from it to another area?
    10-21-10 10:39 PM
546 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD