Hey Charred...huge favor buddy!

Chargers vs Cardinals...can you put a link into one of the yesterberry channels so I can watch it while Im @ work?

There are multiple links on ATDHE.net...can u possibly use one of those links and put it in one of the channels tomorrow??? PLEASE BRO!
    10-03-10 04:45 AM
    First off, WOW! And it all started for free!
    I vote for ads, then remove ads with paid subscription. As soon as anyone really uses it, they will WANT to pay for it.... Heck, people pay for themes!!!

Keep up the awesome work! Good luck with your decision, you will not lose either way.

-MattDub

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-10 10:03 AM
    Ads
    Remove ads with a subscription
    Then it is best of both worlds

First off, WOW! And it all started for free!
    I vote for ads, then remove ads with paid subscription. As soon as anyone really uses it, they will WANT to pay for it.... Heck, people pay for themes!!!

Keep up the awesome work! Good luck with your decision, you will not lose either way.

-MattDub
    This sounds like a good idea, and as cabletow put it, might be the best of both worlds; Yesterberry would remain free to everyone, and those who really want the ads gone can easily get it. I'll start working on the code behind this- we'll probably need some kind of login system (which was planned anyhow) in order to enable the ad-less version. Thanks for the feedback, guys!

right on! way cool. so glad i stumbled upon this one. it has classic movies and that rocks! thanks!!
    It's easy to forget these days, with all the Live TV section excitement, but Yesterberry was originally made to share classic movies and radio. Glad at least one other person besides me still finds that aspect interesting!

Hey Charred...huge favor buddy!

Chargers vs Cardinals...can you put a link into one of the yesterberry channels so I can watch it while Im @ work?

There are multiple links on ATDHE.net...can u possibly use one of those links and put it in one of the channels tomorrow??? PLEASE BRO!
    I'm happy to do this for you, but I don't see any working live feeds at that url. If you or someone else submits one, I'll hurry and get it up.
    10-03-10 11:44 AM
    This sounds like a good idea, and as cabletow put it, might be the best of both worlds; Yesterberry would remain free to everyone, and those who really want the ads gone can easily get it. I'll start working on the code behind this- we'll probably need some kind of login system (which was planned anyhow) in order to enable the ad-less version. Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Can the ad free code be pin specific?

10-03-10 01:28 PM
    Can the ad free code be pin specific?

That would be cool, but I'm betting that RIM has security measures in place to keep pins from being accessible through the browser. The system I'm attempting to setup will have a login, but uses cookies so you won't have to keep doing so every time.
    10-03-10 01:45 PM
    Hi Charred,
    Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work!
    This app has come a long way and it just got better
    with every upgrade you have done, so thanks again.
    And I would have to agree with you and others about having
    a option for ads or not. The best of both worlds.
    10-03-10 02:49 PM
    Hey Charred!

The Chargers Cardinals game starts @ 1:15pm pacific....the link on the site ATDHE.net should work @ that time...please put it up so I can watch it @ work...i'm doing a 16 hr shift! I need to at least watch my foooooozeball!

Thank u so much!
    10-03-10 03:05 PM
    Hey Charred!

The Chargers Cardinals game starts @ 1:15pm pacific....the link on the site ATDHE.net should work @ that time...please put it up so I can watch it @ work...i'm doing a 16 hr shift! I need to at least watch my foooooozeball!

Thank u so much!
    I'll check there tomorrow, but fair warning- if it's an embedded flash player, there's not much I can do about it.

I've gotten the ad placeholders integrated, now working on a login system. One thing that caught me off guard was Crackberry- I'd planned to link directly to this support thread from my main page, but doing so forces BlackBerry users into the full desktop version of the website. The only "mobile" links to these forums redirect right to the main index page; there doesn't seem to be a way possible to directly link mobile versions of posts or threads. Might have to drop the idea of linking here altogether, which is a shame as this is the best place for news, support... and the best BB forums on the web.

Another annoyance is the PayPal incompatibility. Between the Crackberry link bug and PayPal's "use our app!" url redirection, both the subscriptions and support process are going to end up being pc-based only. Which is frankly ridiculous in my opinion. Ease-of-use is a very, very important part of a mobile web app...
    10-03-10 07:01 PM
    I saw the placeholder for the ads, it's really no big deal. I can live with the ads, plus I'll still send a donation or two when I can.
    10-03-10 07:36 PM
    I saw the placeholder for the ads, it's really no big deal. I can live with the ads, plus I'll still send a donation or two when I can.
    I've got a surprise coming within the next few days, thanks to people like you

Edit: Hang tight, people. Some of the channel feeds went dead I'm buried in code, trying to make another workaround to keep them going as long as possible. To make up for the possible loss, I added a new channel some of you may enjoy. I'll keep everyone posted as things happen. And right in the middle of the whole ads/login/subscription coding...
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-03-10 at 11:58 PM.
    10-03-10 08:11 PM
    OMFG, it's REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-04-10 11:09 AM
    Outstanding app!! Questsion: With ATT and their restrictive data packages, what is the average data used? Just curious before I commit data suicide? Thanks.
    10-04-10 11:25 AM
    Hi charred I got them links for the radio stations I would like u too add , but I got the links off yourmuze? Does this matter? Ill paste them up let me know if I have to get the main link.

Roots fm london
    rtsp://yourmuze-fm-stream-2.seeas.nl/6893863;connectionuid=WAP2%20trans

Vibes fm london
    rtsp://yourmuze-fm-stream-2.seeas.nl/6893865;connectionuid=WAP2%20trans

10-04-10 11:52 AM
    OMFG, it's REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It sure is No guarantee on how long that one lasts, of course, so enjoy it!

Outstanding app!! Questsion: With ATT and their restrictive data packages, what is the average data used? Just curious before I commit data suicide? Thanks.
    I honestly couldn't say. It would really depend on the stream, if it's audio or video, how long you viewed / listened to it- maybe some other users here can share. It was intended for Wifi / Unlimited data usage, so you're probably wise to be careful if you don't have those available. Does AT&T give you an app to monitor your data usage?

Hi charred I got them links for the radio stations I would like u too add , but I got the links off yourmuze? Does this matter? Ill paste them up let me know if I have to get the main link.

Roots fm london
    rtsp://yourmuze-fm-stream-2.seeas.nl/6893863;connectionuid=WAP2%20trans

Vibes fm london
    rtsp://yourmuze-fm-stream-2.seeas.nl/6893865;connectionuid=WAP2%20trans

Unfortunately I tried this trick, and the links don't stay valid for long. If you try those same links in a few hours, they won't connect to anything. It's an anti-hotlinking measure employed by YourMuze. I'm sorry!
    10-04-10 12:04 PM
    Soon all your radio needs will be handled by an app called TuneIN, it's in Private Beta now, but the developer tells me he's real close to doing the open beta. They have like EVERYTHING, and the interface is VERY clean, this guy thinks a lot like Charred when it comes to programming, less is more. When the beta goes open there will be a blog about it on the front page.
    10-04-10 12:41 PM
    WIFI?? I'm good then. The only tool they give you is your monthly statment with the "GOTCHA SUCKER" note on it.
    10-04-10 12:58 PM
    Soon all your radio needs will be handled by an app called TuneIN, it's in Private Beta now, but the developer tells me he's real close to doing the open beta. They have like EVERYTHING, and the interface is VERY clean, this guy thinks a lot like Charred when it comes to programming, less is more. When the beta goes open there will be a blog about it on the front page.
    I've actually chatted with the creator and discussed some of the coding aspects. He steered me to my source for ads, and I agree, he's got the right idea. His app layout is pretty slick too. Hey, maybe he and I should get together and make an UberApp that does TV and radio

The outlook for our Yesterberry server-encoded Beeb channels isn't great. I'm trying every trick I know (and learning several more), but the source has decided to put some tricky roadblocks in place. I'm also hesitant to do too much, because this already far exceeds my neutral "user-submitted link" policy. With that in mind, I've tried contacting the source and offering a deal on acquiring this content, since so many have come to rely on- and even expect it. No word back yet. Just please know I'm doing all I can.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-04-10 at 01:40 PM.
    10-04-10 01:32 PM
    nice one m8
    10-04-10 05:10 PM
    All right folks. After an entire day of nonstop banging my head against a metaphorical brick wall of web coding, I come bearing gifts

Not only are all our missing channels back (until something else changes), but new ones have been added! Thanks to the generosity of you Yesterberrians, a second stream server has been added. Pushing things to the max, that means eight transcoded extra channels. Give yourselves a round of applause! Hope you like the new additions.

The ads are also doing all right for a first day, I think. To share some of the more interesting stats with you: There were over 1,000 hits today, mostly from the USA, but also from the UK, Canada, Pakistan, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Venezuela, and Indonesia. It's too early to tell how much they will raise, but every little bit will help.

Speaking of which, if no one is really bothered by the ads, should we just leave them in place permanently and forget the whole "subscription to remove ads" thing? I tried to make them somewhat unobtrusive... which I guess isn't the normal or economically smart way things are done, but... blame my ethics

Now I'm going to take five minutes and do something other than stare at this screen. Enjoy your Yesterberry, guys.
    10-04-10 09:58 PM
    I've even been clicking on the ads to make sure you get paid.
    10-04-10 10:04 PM
    This is kinda funny,I've been enjoying the crap outta Tune In for a while.
    I was thinking if you could combine Yesterberry and Tune In, you would have the ultimate media app for BB, and one I would pay good money for.

10-04-10 10:59 PM

Not only are all our missing channels back (until something else changes), but new ones have been added! Thanks to the generosity of you Yesterberrians, a second stream server has been added. Pushing things to the max, that means eight transcoded extra channels. Give yourselves a round of applause! Hope you like the new additions.

CharredPC, Do you have any plans to put RTR Planeta back ;-)? I checked several times Planeta website and stream always worked on PC. Thanks.

10-05-10 05:33 AM
    I absolutely love the app. And as I am from UK the english channels are great. However, one quick question I would like to ask about the UK channels; I am viewing them on a wi-fi connection but the sound comes out all garbled, like your listening to it underwater. Is there a reason for this? The other channels like ABC, VH1 etc etc, all work fine, its just the UK channels.

Just curious as to whether there is anything I can do to improve sound quality on these?

Thanks for a fantastic app.
    10-05-10 06:54 AM
    CharredPC, Do you have any plans to put RTR Planeta back ;-)? I checked several times Planeta website and stream always worked on PC. Thanks.

I checked the stream last night, and yes, was about to add it back up... then had to consider that all the donations, email, and BBM messages I get are based on the UK channels. For some reason, they are some of the most frequently watched out of all 150+ we offer. I've checked the logs; do you know who watches Planeta? You. That's it Initially, when I'd thought we'd have 20+ hosted channels, doing someone a favor by adding one was no big deal. Now our maximum (problem-free) 100% load seems to be around seven channels. It sucks, but I have to make a tough call on resources. Do I dedicate 1/7th of the paid server time and bandwidth so one person can occasionally watch one channel? Or use it on a channel that most people want to see? Either way seems unfair to someone. All I can do is apologize and promise to add it in the future when Yesterberry isn't living month to month and earning less than fifty cents a day from ad revenue. Right now, the masses are the key to our future.

Now, that said, if it's worth it to you, for $28.99 a month (exactly what the cheapest mini-server would cost) I'd happily give you your own private selection of three channels of your choice (that you or I have source links for). This offer goes out to anyone, by the way. Other than ad revenue, I'd make nothing off it. It's purely to please people who want more than our stream servers can currently offer. This is the best compromise I can think of for everyone to be happy. If it were up to me, I'd add everything requested by every individual, no matter how obscure. It's frustrating that I don't have the ability to do that right now.

I absolutely love the app. And as I am from UK the english channels are great. However, one quick question I would like to ask about the UK channels; I am viewing them on a wi-fi connection but the sound comes out all garbled, like your listening to it underwater. Is there a reason for this? The other channels like ABC, VH1 etc etc, all work fine, its just the UK channels.

Just curious as to whether there is anything I can do to improve sound quality on these?

Thanks for a fantastic app.
    Thanks for the feedback. This would be an encoder issue on my end- it's more noticeable on some phones than others. (Warning, technical jargon ahead!) It's due to a transcoding glitch where the bitrate isn't properly resampled, so you end up with 48000Khz audio squeezed into too small of bandwidth. That creates a hissy / distorted / underwater sound, especially for things other than voice, like laugh tracks. I might be able to fix this. I'll dedicate today to working on it and keep you posted here.
    10-05-10 08:49 AM
    I checked the stream last night, and yes, was about to add it back up... then had to consider that all the donations, email, and BBM messages I get are based on the UK channels. For some reason, they are some of the most frequently watched out of all 150+ we offer. I've checked the logs; do you know who watches Planeta? You. That's it Initially, when I'd thought we'd have 20+ hosted channels, doing someone a favor by adding one was no big deal. Now our maximum (problem-free) 100% load seems to be around seven channels. It sucks, but I have to make a tough call on resources. Do I dedicate 1/7th of the paid server time and bandwidth so one person can occasionally watch one channel? Or use it on a channel that most people want to see? Either way seems unfair to someone. All I can do is apologize and promise to add it in the future when Yesterberry isn't living month to month and earning less than fifty cents a day from ad revenue. Right now, the masses are the key to our future.
    CharRedPC,
    Everything is cool, I got your point. Thank you for all other channels.
    10-05-10 12:39 PM
546 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD