The Planeta stream source got glitchy tonight (and it had no viewers anyhow), so I've temporarily put 3 back up as the fourth channel. Hope no one minds too much
    What? No Planeta anymore. My BlackBerry will cry. I hope we will get more channels some day.
    09-28-10 09:54 PM
    What? No Planeta anymore. My BlackBerry will cry. I hope we will get more channels some day.
    Planeta will be back once it stabilizes. And I agree 100% about picking 4 over 3, since 4 is 24/7, contentwise they are VERY similar.

Unfortunately I must report other than page 1, the other pages the channels are still messed up for me, BUT I really don't mind.
    09-28-10 10:38 PM
    Planeta will be back once it stabilizes. And I agree 100% about picking 4 over 3, since 4 is 24/7, contentwise they are VERY similar.

Unfortunately I must report other than page 1, the other pages the channels are still messed up for me, BUT I really don't mind.
    I'll check on Planeta tonight, and throw it back up if it behaves. I wish I could host more channels... there's some good ones I just don't have the capacity to host at the moment.

Thanks to pkcable and his patience with my trial-and-error can't-see-it-myself coding, the entire site should now be OS6 compatible. No more funky layout issues! If anyone runs into one- not just on OS6, but with any model phone- please, let me know! It's more helpful to tell me so it can be fixed instead of thinking you're doing me a favor by not mentioning it
    09-28-10 11:25 PM
    If you have a specific station you'd like added, I can look through my lists and try tracking it down.

The Planeta stream source got glitchy tonight (and it had no viewers anyhow), so I've temporarily put 3 back up as the fourth channel. Hope no one minds too much
    I know nothing about this kind of stuff, so I don't know if it will work. But here is the url of the direct audio feed: http ://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=5061
    09-29-10 06:01 PM
    I know nothing about this kind of stuff, so I don't know if it will work. But here is the url of the direct audio feed: http ://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?action=wp&feedId=5061
    That link was just to a website (opens in your browser), not actually a "feed" (usually opens in a media player). However, if that 'station' is what you wanted (Jackson County Sheriff police scanner), I did locate an actual direct source for it. The bad news is that it's in Windows Media format, so would need to be transcoded before it can go on Yesterberry. With our single server at maximum load right now, I can't add anything else currently On a side note, it would be kind of neat to listen to live police scanners while on the go. Isn't there a BlackBerry app to do this? If not, there should be.

I'm in the process (about 70% done) of rolling out some new code. Most people won't notice a difference, but you OS6 folk will be happy to see that channels finally have labels! Thanks again goes to pkcable, who puts up with my constant emails asking if this or that works I've also corrected a few bad links, some random spelling errors (aka, "4am coding bugs") and have tweaked the four Yesterberry-filtered live channels to fix a possible audio skew/quality problem. Other stuff is planned for tonight, but we'll have to see how it goes...
    09-29-10 07:10 PM
    Use moodio.fm to stream radio includng police scanners.
    I personally am all in favor of this being a video only site; there's plenty of audio options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 07:12 PM
    Use moodio.fm to stream radio includng police scanners.
    I personally am all in favor of this being a video only site; there's plenty of audio options.

Yeah, that works. Yay for Moodio! I like having some live audio options up on Yesterberry- no harm in it, and it saves some people from having to install a music app- but these days the site is very video-centric. Also, the code's all in place, so everything should be 100% compatible for OS6 users now

SCrid2000, what's your first name? I do believe I know you.
    09-29-10 08:09 PM
    Shane.
    Southern Idaho - Rexburg?

09-29-10 08:28 PM
    Shane.
    Southern Idaho - Rexburg?

Burley, actually, but only got here last year. Before that I lived in Provo; must be why you look familiar. I'm moving back there in about six months, and can't wait- hellooooo, 10Mbit fiber optic internet!
    09-29-10 08:42 PM
    Lol, I never been to Provo until last month; I'm from Seattle-ish, spent some time in Louisiana, and did my last 2 years undergrad in Idaho. I must just look familiar

09-29-10 08:44 PM
    That link was just to a website (opens in your browser), not actually a "feed" (usually opens in a media player). However, if that 'station' is what you wanted (Jackson County Sheriff police scanner), I did locate an actual direct source for it. The bad news is that it's in Windows Media format, so would need to be transcoded before it can go on Yesterberry. With our single server at maximum load right now, I can't add anything else currently On a side note, it would be kind of neat to listen to live police scanners while on the go. Isn't there a BlackBerry app to do this? If not, there should be.

I'm in the process (about 70% done) of rolling out some new code. Most people won't notice a difference, but you OS6 folk will be happy to see that channels finally have labels! Thanks again goes to pkcable, who puts up with my constant emails asking if this or that works I've also corrected a few bad links, some random spelling errors (aka, "4am coding bugs") and have tweaked the four Yesterberry-filtered live channels to fix a possible audio skew/quality problem. Other stuff is planned for tonight, but we'll have to see how it goes...
    We don't need to add any police scanner, there's an app for that, it has a free trial, and it's a VERY reasonable 5 bucks, BUT it's on sale right now for 4 bucks. It basically has EVERY scanner known to man....

BBScanner - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

As for the debugging, I actually enjoy doing stuff like that so it's no bother at all, ALWAYS feel free to email me! We should exchange BBM, which we will do one of these days. Via email of course as I'm not posting mine. I do give it out to those that ask nicely, but I don't post it.
    09-29-10 09:23 PM
    CharredPC: Thanks for looking into it. No big deal. I still love the site

And yes, there is BBScanner, but I don't like the fact that its "live" feeds are at least 90 seconds behind the actual feed. As for Moodio, I've tried so many times to add the feed's url to my account and it just will not accept it. Oh well.
    09-29-10 11:28 PM
    Will we see any tv channel additions in the near future?
    09-30-10 11:51 AM
    Will we see any tv channel additions in the near future?
    That all depends. Remember, Yesterberry's lineup is entirely user-submitted, which means we get new channels through either...

1. Submissions: When users share Blackberry-compatible live stream links they've found, I immediately post them up for everyone to enjoy. These links are usually in the format of "rtsp://123.123.123.123:554/stream.sdp" or occasionally "rtsp://123.123.123.123:554/stream.3gp".

2. Yesterberry-converted submissions: Often users send us great live feeds, but in an incompatible format (usually looks like "mms://123.123.123.123/stream" or "http://123.123.123.123:8109"). These links require on-the-fly re-encoding for us to watch. Currently we've received enough donations to have the server capacity for four channels to be offered this way.

So if you'd like to see more channels offered on Yesterberry, the best way is to submit some, or to donate so that we can increase our server capacity.
    09-30-10 12:22 PM
    Charred - thank you so much - had a day in front of works pc on my own today - heavily filtered and only my BB for company - on came BBC1 and helped me pass the day.

Just a heads up - the All Blacks play the Wallabies in Hong Kong Oct 30th

Brilliant service worth every penny

09-30-10 02:42 PM
    Charred - thank you so much - had a day in front of works pc on my own today - heavily filtered and only my BB for company - on came BBC1 and helped me pass the day.

Just a heads up - the All Blacks play the Wallabies in Hong Kong Oct 30th

Brilliant service worth every penny

Always good to hear

I had something nice lined up for this Saturday (Florida vs Alabama), and my feed just went down If anyone has an alternate, drop me a line. I'm sure many people would be appreciative.
    09-30-10 03:15 PM
    Always good to hear

I had something nice lined up for this Saturday (Florida vs Alabama), and my feed just went down If anyone has an alternate, drop me a line. I'm sure many people would be appreciative.
    We will of course have the ABC game, BUT some of the Chinese sports channels will have games too, but there's no telling which ones they will have, a likely channels are Guangdong Sports & CCTV5. I can almost guarantee Guangdong will have a game or two on.
    09-30-10 09:56 PM
    Have a request - anyone can create a live feed for Golf Channel - am traveling most of the time, and the local feeds are always in local languages not English.....
    10-01-10 12:25 AM
    Have a request - anyone can create a live feed for Golf Channel - am traveling most of the time, and the local feeds are always in local languages not English.....
    Well, feel free to submit a live stream for it, and I'll get it added to the lineup
    10-01-10 08:57 AM
    Had some hiccups in the live feeds last night; coded some workarounds, and everything should hopefully be sussed out now. I'm looking into some ad-based income methods to keep you guys from being financially responsible for Yesterberry. Honestly, I'm not very happy about the idea. But if the ads worked, they would keep Yesterberry alive and free, and that's better than shutting down or charging, right?

Remember that today's game is being shown live via a temporary LQ feed located on the first English page. It isn't as pretty as some of the other channels since it uses an older / more compatible encoding system. So if you're a sports fan who's stuck at work, a relative's house, or on the road today... you might want to check it out

10-02-10 10:33 AM
    Thanks for such a great app! I am donating b/c I just hate ads cluttering things up. Why not bite the bullet and just go ahead and charge? People pay for other good apps and yours is good too.
    10-02-10 10:53 AM
    Thanks for such a great app! I am donating b/c I just hate ads cluttering things up. Why not bite the bullet and just go ahead and charge? People pay for other good apps and yours is good too.
    Thank you for your support! It is much appreciated

Let's have all the Yesterberrians chime in on this- remember, this is your app, for your enjoyment. How shall we keep Yesterberry alive? Ads? One-time fee? Subscription with perks? Hope for continued donations? I don't want to ruin a good thing, even for the best of reasons, so I'm hereby asking the users what would work best for them.

Did some work today behind the scenes, writing some code for the stream server to use. Tossed another channel up for us to try out; again I wish I could do more than four on our stream server. Maybe with a steady income system, I could at least double it to eight channels...
    10-02-10 10:50 PM
    Thank you for your support! It is much appreciated

Let's have all the Yesterberrians chime in on this- remember, this is your app, for your enjoyment. How shall we keep Yesterberry alive? Ads? One-time fee? Subscription with perks? Hope for continued donations? I don't want to ruin a good thing, even for the best of reasons, so I'm hereby asking the users what would work best for them.

Did some work today behind the scenes, writing some code for the stream server to use. Tossed another channel up for us to try out; again I wish I could do more than four on our stream server. Maybe with a steady income system, I could at least double it to eight channels...
    I would rather have ads because I don't watch tv on my BB that much, but for the times I do it would be nice to have a site like this to come to. Plus, right now there aren't a whole lot of channels on Yesterberry that interest me. Don't get me wrong, there are a few, but not enough at the moment that I would be willing to pay.

We have a good number of free radio apps with ads, So if this site has to make use of ads, then so be it.
    10-02-10 11:20 PM
    Ads
    Remove ads with a subscription
    Then it is best of both worlds

10-03-10 02:30 AM
    right on! way cool. so glad i stumbled upon this one. it has classic movies and that rocks! thanks!!
    10-03-10 03:21 AM
546 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD