Aweome app; one suggestion:
    Can you put the names of the TV channels above the pic? It can be hard to tell exactly what the channel is from just the picture.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-10 06:41 PM
    Aweome app; one suggestion:
    Can you put the names of the TV channels above the pic? It can be hard to tell exactly what the channel is from just the picture.
    Thanks

Everyone using OS5 can see the channel names, as shown in my screenshots. Those using the new webkit browser in OS6 cannot, because RIM decided to throw standard html adherence out the window. I've been working on alternatives, but everything I've come up with tends to break things for the OS5 users... and there's a lot more of them than OS6. Just shoving text under the icons would create a new nightmare of ugliness, excess scrolling, and layout problems that I don't have a solution for right now. Sorry there's no fix coming in the immediate future- yell at RIM for breaking something as simple as the basic "title" and "alt-text" html code

Edit: In better news, I spent the day setting up the new stream server; the first two Yesterberry-filtered channel submissions have officially gone live (CBBC and The Vault). Let me know how they work in comparison to the others. I'll add more when I can think straight again!

Edit2: Also added Sky News. I wanted at least three channels up to test server load. By the way, this new server means that if anyone stumbles across any type of live streaming link- mms://xxxx, http://xxxxx:8020, http://xxxx.ts, rtsp://xxxx, etc- (besides embedded flash), I can convert it to BlackBerry-compatible channels on Yesterberry. So keep the submissions coming!
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-27-10 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Zzzzzzzz....
    09-26-10 08:20 PM
    CharredPC,
    None of the three new server channels work on the AT&T 9700. The CBBC gives media play error, and other two give wireless network connection error. The older channels play just fine.
    09-27-10 08:50 AM
    CharredPC,
    None of the three new server channels work on the AT&T 9700. The CBBC gives media play error, and other two give wireless network connection error. The older channels play just fine.
    Thanks for the heads up. New server growing pains- it rebooted itself last night, and the channels weren't set to restart themselves. Shouldn't happen again! Two of the three channels are back up, and I'm working on a less finicky source for the other. Appreciate the feedback
    09-27-10 10:16 AM
    The 3 channels are working GREAT for me and the resolution is beautiful! I only wish Sky News was Sky Sports instead. And I want my BBC3 back!!!!!!!!
    09-27-10 10:20 AM
    My resolution is not as good.... hmmm
    I wants Dave Channel - Wall to wall topgear and men behaving badly - most excellent
    09-27-10 10:30 AM
    Glad to hear they're working. As soon as someone submits those channels, I'll add them to the lineup. To Anonymous- the 2000 streams you submitted all went dead at the same time yesterday! If you know of an updated list, do share
    09-27-10 11:05 AM
    CharredPC,
    Please try to add a RTP Planeta link that I requested few days ago.

Thanks, :-)

/ ����� / ������ ����
    09-27-10 12:52 PM
    This app saved me big time yesterday when i was at an event and had to keep my 4 year old quiet and occupied. Just streamed the cartoon network for 2 hrs

Definitely want to donate, but the link in pkcable's post is not working. Can you provide a link to your paypal account in your signature?

Thanks for the great app.
    09-27-10 01:27 PM
    Just go to his site from a PC.....

YesterBerry News and Updates

He can't put it in his sig, CB rules don't allow that.
    09-27-10 01:45 PM
    CharredPC,
    Please try to add a RTP Planeta link that I requested few days ago.

Thanks, :-)

/ ����� / ������ ����
    Your wish is my command- done and done. RTR Planeta can now be found in Yesterberry's Live TV "Etc" section, first page

This app saved me big time yesterday when i was at an event and had to keep my 4 year old quiet and occupied. Just streamed the cartoon network for 2 hrs

Definitely want to donate, but the link in pkcable's post is not working. Can you provide a link to your paypal account in your signature?

Thanks for the great app.
    I'm glad you found it useful! I haven't added a donation link to my signature because it's against the rules here. I also don't like to be pushy about it... pkcable is right, the easiest way is probably pulling up yesterberry.com on your pc, and clicking the link there. Unfortunately clicking any PayPal link on a BlackBerry just auto-redirects you to their "get our app!" page. See, that seems pushy to me
    09-27-10 03:01 PM
    [QUOTE=CharredPC;5621784]Your wish is my command- done and done. RTR Planeta can now be found in Yesterberry's Live TV "Etc" section, first page

Cool!!! Thank you.
    09-27-10 03:05 PM
    CharredPC,
    I tried to donate, but your PayPal page doesn't work right.
    09-27-10 03:10 PM
    CharredPC,
    I tried to donate, but your PayPal page doesn't work right.
    I just checked, and it works fine for me here on the PC. What happens when you try?
    09-27-10 03:13 PM
    The page doesn't take my login information. I just check on the main PayPal account page and everything works fine.
    Very odd. If it's not stretching to rules too much- if you need to do it manually, the website's Paypal account is [email protected].
    09-27-10 03:21 PM
    Here's a teaser for you guys of what I'm implementing tonight. I took a break from the stream server and went back to codeville for a few hours- here's the results:

I know, you're like... so what? A couple new icons? Sure, but there's a lot more to it under the hood. Need a clue? Here you go:

Oh yeah. Full column view compatibility by tomorrow morning.
    09-27-10 08:39 PM
    Here's a teaser for you guys of what I'm implementing tonight. I took a break from the stream server and went back to codeville for a few hours- here's the results:

I know, you're like... so what? A couple new icons? Sure, but there's a lot more to it under the hood. Need a clue? Here you go:

Oh yeah. Full column view compatibility by tomorrow morning.
    Outstanding! Love the new look with column view! Thanks Charred.
    09-28-10 01:51 PM
    Charred,

The first page looks GREAT with the new layout and the fixes you put in place after our late night debugging. And I'm so glad we got certain channels back, and although I didn't get my 3 back, this 4 thing is a more than adequate substitute! Great work!
    09-28-10 02:01 PM
    Charred,

The first page looks GREAT with the new layout and the fixes you put in place after our late night debugging. And I'm so glad we got certain channels back, and although I didn't get my 3 back, this 4 thing is a more than adequate substitute! Great work!
    All the other pages should look great as well. Let me know if they don't, and I'll review my tweaks. Don't worry about complaining, that's how we get things fixed and working proper for everyone Yesterberry's gone from a simple single test page to over a thousand of lines of code, so with only one developer, it's fair game that I'll miss something occasionally.

Looks like the current stream server has about a four channel capacity; remember, the poor thing is running four complete live re-encodes, plus actually serving the content. I'm working out a way to offload some of the processing and increase that amount (like is normally done in professional streaming situations). It almost handles five, but I'd rather not run the cpu pegged at 100% 24/7. So I had to pick and choose. Since agreeing to run Planeta, that left me three open slots. 1 and 2 were a no-brainer. I picked Four instead of 3 simply because the latter doesn't run all the time, and Four does. Now I find myself frustrated again because there's other channels I'd like to add...

I posted a list of the site updates and fixes on the News page, if anyone's curious. I'll probably take the rest of the day off, since I've had my head buried in code and glued to the laptop for about 48 hours straight now. Give me shout if anything goes awry.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-28-10 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Perfectionist.
    09-28-10 02:54 PM
    Does this work on the 8330m??

09-28-10 03:05 PM
    Charred. This is looking really professional now - I am really taken with this and am totally impressed with the work you are putting into this - respect. You are really contributing to the effort to make life easier for all of us BB users.

Last edited by cabletow; 09-28-10 at 03:17 PM.
    09-28-10 03:13 PM
    Does this work on the 8330m??

Somewhat, yes. If I recall correctly, the 8330m lacks the newer codecs that a lot of the live TV channels use. But as long as you're running OS5, some of them should work. Just make sure you're in a 3G / Wifi area. The radio and VOD section should work fine on your model as well. Let me know how it works for you, and if there's any layout bugs to fix.

Charred. This is looking really professional now - I am really taken with this and am totally impressed with the work you are putting into this - respect. You are really contributing to the effort to make life easier for all of us BB users.

Thanks! As I've said all along, us BlackBerry folk need more free entertainment options. I just decided to do something about it instead of complaining
    09-28-10 03:37 PM
    Somewhat, yes. If I recall correctly, the 8330m lacks the newer codecs that a lot of the live TV channels use. But as long as you're running OS5, some of them should work. Just make sure you're in a 3G / Wifi area. The radio and VOD section should work fine on your model as well. Let me know how it works for you, and if there's any layout bugs to fix.

Thanks! As I've said all along, us BlackBerry folk need more free entertainment options. I just decided to do something about it instead of complaining
    Thank you so much for doing something about it.

Are you able to add audio streams from radioreference.com?
    09-28-10 04:17 PM
    Thank you so much for doing something about it.

Are you able to add audio streams from radioreference.com?
    If you have a specific station you'd like added, I can look through my lists and try tracking it down.

The Planeta stream source got glitchy tonight (and it had no viewers anyhow), so I've temporarily put 3 back up as the fourth channel. Hope no one minds too much
    09-28-10 08:08 PM
    Awesome awesome app, thank you so much for being so generous to not only make it free - but more importantly - to donate your time.
    09-28-10 08:42 PM
546 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD