I was wondering if you are able to add an extra channel?

TFC (THE FILIPINO CHANNEL) It would be awesome if you're able to add it. I'll be willing to donate $.

PM if you have any questions.
    He needs the rtsp:// address of the stream, if you can get that he can very easily add the channel.

Charred!!!!!,

ARGH, what did you do!!!!!!! It does not work on the 9650 on 6.0, I guess because of the webkit browser, HOWEVER yesterday it did work, but whatever changes you made now I get the you must use the Native Browser message. You want a CaptureIt of Yesterberry on a 9650 on 6.0?

EDIT: OK he fixed it! Took him all of 5 minutes.
    09-22-10 10:29 AM
    not working for me ,even on pc. see attached
    All fixed for your 9000; coding glitch on my end was preventing it from working. Yesterberry isn't available on the PC because it's a BlackBerry web app

I was wondering if you are able to add an extra channel?

TFC (THE FILIPINO CHANNEL) It would be awesome if you're able to add it. I'll be willing to donate $.

PM if you have any questions.
    Lately I've gotten a ton of requests to add certain channels (especially TFC), so let me explain how this works. Here's your options:

1. If you find and submit a working live stream link in a compatible format (it will usually look something like "rtsp://whatever:554/name.sdp" or "rtsp://whatever:554/name.3gp") then I will happily add it to Yesterberry immediately. Thanks to all those who have submitted!

2. If you find and submit a working live stream link in an incompatible format (sometimes starts with mms:// or ends in .rm), it needs to be transcoded (re-encoded on the fly) to be used on our BlackBerry phones. I'm happy to do this, but haven't received enough donations to set up the streaming server that would make this possible. It should be noted that I actually have a decent-sized collection of these channels submitted already.

3. If you can't find a working live stream, or the only one you can find is embedded in a website via a protected flash player... then we're out of luck. Yesterberry will never act as a primary source or acquire/supply feeds on our own. We're happy to share and even (with funding) transcode what is submitted, but you won't find any material coming from my home's cable tv or satellite dish That would be a legal nightmare, and we're not going anywhere near that.

Think of Yesterberry's Live TV section as a mobile version of Livestation, Channelsurfing, Justintv, Channelchooser, or Ustream. The content isn't ours, but we take submissions and provide it for others. The only real difference is that they use ad-generated revenue to pay the bills, and I'm very reluctant to start filling your already cramped screen with blinking banners. This makes Yesterberry 100% user-supported- unless somebody wants to set up some corporate sponsorship
    09-22-10 11:14 AM
    Folks,

Charred needs our donations to make this work to everyone's advantage. I'm not going to say how much I donated, BUT the amount was a bit more than what we pay for apps. Now I'm not asking for you to give as much as I did, BUT you can if you want!!!! However, you should give this man at least as much as you would spend on a well made app, which is 5 to 10 dollars! Please consider more if you can afford it. Remember if he can set up a streaming server he will have the ability to convert mms links and bring more channels. If you can't get the donation link to work from your BB, then go to Yesterberry from your PC and donate from there. Support quality development. While Charred does not require our money, he DOES deserve it!
    09-22-10 12:39 PM
    Thank you, pkcable!

Quick word to my anonymous submitter, who struck again with another 1000 stream submissions: you really do hate me, don't you???

Edit: I take that back... you don't hate me, you like to tease. The first ten channels I tested work great, and are major networks- but are in the wrong format. I still thank you, though, because if we ever get that stream server going this will be simply amazing. Now back to testing and labeling all those channels.
    09-22-10 02:41 PM
    only thing working here is the movies categories everything else i get an error when trying to play,im on bold 9700 with 938 os
    09-23-10 11:53 AM
    only thing working here is the movies categories everything else i get an error when trying to play,im on bold 9700 with 938 os
    If you tell me what error you get, I'll be happy to try and troubleshoot
    09-23-10 03:57 PM
    Well don't know what you did but it working fine over 3g now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 06:21 PM
    This is cool - but my video freezes (pauses) every 20 seconds or so. Anyone know a way to fix that?

09-23-10 07:48 PM
    This is cool - but my video freezes (pauses) every 20 seconds or so. Anyone know a way to fix that?

That means your network connection isn't quite fast enough to run the channel you're trying to view. Some lower quality ones use less bandwidth, and may work better for you. You can also use wifi, as I do here (EDGE in this state is roughly equal to dial-up... when it's working! ).
    09-23-10 10:38 PM
    I'm just now finding out about this site. So far it seems great. One thing I noticed though, there is no text pop up of the channel name when I hover the cursor over the icons for the English tv stations. The other sections though (CN, IN, Etc) do have the text preview pop up.
    09-24-10 11:16 AM
    is it possible to render the pages to fit with the column settings? cause its that way i got it set up so my pages look better and readable, thkss
    09-24-10 11:25 AM
    I'm just now finding out about this site. So far it seems great. One thing I noticed though, there is no text pop up of the channel name when I hover the cursor over the icons for the English tv stations. The other sections though (CN, IN, Etc) do have the text preview pop up.
    Moments like these make me realize how much we need a Smilie :facepalm: icon on Crackberry.... *sigh*

I just reworked the majority of pages to have a working PHP-based pop-up "tooltip" label instead of the old Alt-text method, because the precious new OS6 webkit browser ignores such standard html code. I tested the new system on a 9700 and an OS6 9650, and assumed the other models would be compatible as well. Now you're telling me that your model doesn't show the new labels, but only the old method? This is what I find most frustrating about RIM. For all people's complaints about how they're 'boring and never change,' I find them to be ridiculously inconsistent when it comes the their browser and media standards.

I'd appreciate it if you (and others) could verify this issue by going to the Sports, Movies, and Music tv sections and making sure that the labels there do not work either (they use the new method, so if you're correct they won't work there either). The live radio section still uses the old method (thus should work for you). I'm going to try a hybrid mix patch of the two methods, and get working harder on the new site design that will hopefully eliminate the need for these labels at all.

Edit: Here's a thought. Try turning on your Javascript, see if the labels show then.

is it possible to render the pages to fit with the column settings? cause its that way i got it set up so my pages look better and readable, thkss
    I'll look into it, but I'm not sure how a non-text-based website can adapt itself to work with column view. I never use it, but from what I understand it's meant for the easy reading of article / wordy websites.

Both of these posts bring me back to the idea of beta testers. If anyone has a specific problem with their model device, and has time to work with me, things will get resolved much, much faster. Without a test device, it's kind of difficult to resolve model-specific issues. All I have here currently is a 9700, and everything works just dandy with it!
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-24-10 at 02:10 PM.
    09-24-10 01:34 PM
    Moments like these make me realize how much we need a Smilie :facepalm: icon on Crackberry.... *sigh*

I just reworked the majority of pages to have a working PHP-based pop-up "tooltip" label instead of the old Alt-text method, because the precious new OS6 webkit browser ignores such standard html code. I tested the new system on a 9700 and an OS6 9650, and assumed the other models would be compatible as well. Now you're telling me that your model doesn't show the new labels, but only the old method? This is what I find most frustrating about RIM. For all people's complaints about how they're 'boring and never change,' I find them to be ridiculously inconsistent when it comes the their browser and media standards.

I'd appreciate it if you (and others) could verify this issue by going to the Sports, Movies, and Music tv sections and making sure that the labels there do not work either (they use the new method, so if you're correct they won't work there either). The live radio section still uses the old method (thus should work for you). I'm going to try a hybrid mix patch of the two methods, and get working harder on the new site design that will hopefully eliminate the need for these labels at all.

Edit: Here's a thought. Try turning on your Javascript, see if the labels show then.

I'll look into it, but I'm not sure how a non-text-based website can adapt itself to work with column view. I never use it, but from what I understand it's meant for the easy reading of article / wordy websites.

Both of these posts bring me back to the idea of beta testers. If anyone has a specific problem with their model device, and has time to work with me, things will get resolved much, much faster. Without a test device, it's kind of difficult to resolve model-specific issues. All I have here currently is a 9700, and everything works just dandy with it!
    I double checked the issue. The pop up text works for the live streaming radio stations. Under the TV tab the five "category icons" have no pop up. Under categories 2 thru 5 there are no pop ups for the channels. Under the first category (the icon with flags in the pic), the "EN" channels have no pop up, but the other three (CN, IN, Etc) do have them. I turned on "allow javascript popups" in my browser options but it made no difference. I'd be glad to beta test for you on my Tour 9630.
    09-24-10 03:43 PM
    do you just run the launcher from your PC with the BB connected or are there other steps or setups to be completed first. Could not find answers in the posts.
    09-24-10 04:40 PM
    I double checked the issue. The pop up text works for the live streaming radio stations. Under the TV tab the five "category icons" have no pop up. Under categories 2 thru 5 there are no pop ups for the channels. Under the first category (the icon with flags in the pic), the "EN" channels have no pop up, but the other three (CN, IN, Etc) do have them. I turned on "allow javascript popups" in my browser options but it made no difference. I'd be glad to beta test for you on my Tour 9630.
    Thanks for verifying that for me. It sounds like the new PHP labeling method breaks things for some existing phones. The hybrid method of using both just makes things look an absolute mess on my 9700 (multiple labels overlapping). I'm probably have to put it back the way it was... which makes me feel really bad for the OS6 crowd. Though to be fair, RIM's the one who broke web standards, and should be fixing things. I'm just trying to find away around their bug

As much as it frustrates me, I think I need to leave this situation alone for a bit while I work on the back-end database system that's in progress. It will take a while to finish, but in the end should provide a specific experience per each phone. That way, Torch users get their PHP channel labeling, 9700's get regular Alt-text labels, 9300 users get the proper screen size, etc. Right now Yesterberry is basically a web app built for 9700's, that other BlackBerry devices can use with varying degrees of success. I'm hard at work to change that
    09-24-10 04:47 PM
    do you just run the launcher from your PC with the BB connected or are there other steps or setups to be completed first. Could not find answers in the posts.
    The easiest way to install the launcher is to click the OTA install link right in your BlackBerry browser. If you download the attachment from the first post to your pc, you'll need to install it to your phone through the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.

Edit/update:
    The English TV section (and category page) have been put back to the old style labels. The other pages will be changed back shortly as well. Again, I'm sorry to the OS6 users whose browsers aren't compatible with this. Alt-text should work for everyone. It does in every major (and minor) Mac / PC / Linux browser, and in the native OS5 browser. Right now the biggest user base out Yesterberry has is OS5 folk, so... I'll continue to try and find a viable workaround, but you may just have to sit tight until the site overhaul is complete.

Speaking of which, you may notice a couple visual tweaks on Yesterberry- the logo and menus have been redone. It was brought to my attention that for the "BlackBerry for the blind" chaps who need their browser set to 12+, things got a bit... ugly. This should help. Even using the highest possible font, there should be no more scrolling in the TV section. I also tweaked how the channel icons are displayed and highlighted. Let me know if it's not obvious enough, I can increase the effect.

I looked a little into column view Yes, it does make the site look awful. Browsing around, it actually makes a lot of other sites look bad too... not sure how you guys do it. The biggest problem is the html tables; column view chops each individual cell up and puts each on a new line. I'm experimenting with div's instead (sorry, lots of geeky web-code talk) as part of the new interface, which column view handles much better, so hopefully it'll eventually be compatible.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-24-10 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Avoiding the appearance of selfish thread-bumping :p
    09-24-10 04:51 PM
    Stuck on loading on every stream either with wifi or 3g

09-24-10 08:42 PM
    Stuck on loading on every stream either with wifi or 3g

Sorry, I'm not sure what's going on with your device / service. Everything's still working as it should on my end. You might want to try a battery pull. Also keep in mind that switching channels too quickly triggers a RIM glitch mentioned a few pages back where the next several streams don't work either.

Site news: The phone checking / proper resolution code should now be enabled. This means that BlackBerries with 480x360, 320x240, and even 240x320 displays should now find that Yesterberry automatically resizes itself to perfectly fit your phone. Let me know if there's any glitches or oddball model number I've forgotten.
    09-24-10 08:58 PM
    Here's some site news that I thought deserved a new post

1. It turns out that the transition to complete automated resolution detection had a spanner in the works. Nothing some hasty cleanup and bugfixing couldn't cure, though. Things should be 100% now.

2. I added some more VOD titles, one per decade. It seems like a good way to keep adding them, just to keep things fair, you know? There's some fun ones in there that I'm going to have to get around to watching myself... when I have time (haha).

3. Oh, and one last little thing. Thanks to cabletow, pkcable, and a few others, I've officially purchased our first month's worth of access to the new streaming server! Hooray! All those incompatible channel submissions can finally be converted for our use (and boy, do I have some good ones). A 1000Mbps unlimited net connection will ensure everyone can enjoy the benefits.

So if I disappear for the next day or two, know it's because I'm bringing Big Things to Yesterberry ASAP Thanks again everyone!
    09-25-10 03:41 AM
    Ok here is the deal.

This is a fantastic app and yet here we have charred worki=ng his nutz off to keep it going.

What do people feel
    Subscription (like every other tv source)
    Adverts on a player
    or one off fee

Running this for free just aint gonna happen - Charred has done his bit to try and give everyone a free lunch and as we all know there is no such thing. So what is the best solution? Let Charred know
    09-25-10 04:17 AM
    CharredPC, I appreciate all the hard work. Site is awesome and works great on my 9700.
    09-25-10 07:30 AM
    Ok here is the deal.

This is a fantastic app and yet here we have charred worki=ng his nutz off to keep it going.

What do people feel
    Subscription (like every other tv source)
    Adverts on a player
    or one off fee

Running this for free just aint gonna happen - Charred has done his bit to try and give everyone a free lunch and as we all know there is no such thing. So what is the best solution? Let Charred know
    I'd like to add a few more possible options to this selection.

1. "Bid for your channel"
    I thought this might be a fun incentive to get donations. The idea is that each week, I put up a list of three channels I could add to Yesterberry using the stream server. Users get to 'vote' for which one should be added, by donating. At the end of the week, the channel with the highest donations gets added to the lineup, and a new selection is put up to bid on.

2. "Yesterberry streaming services"
    Now that I we have our own streaming server with transcoding ability, just about any stream in any format can be broadcast worldwide to BlackBerry devices. For a small monthly fee, a user could supply his own personal feed to us, which we would confidentially host for his private access. Enjoy your own stream anywhere, share with select friends without worrying about bandwidth, or even use for business.

3. "Monthly / yearly funding drives"
    I again want to thank those who have donated so generously. I won't say exactly how generously, but it's not hard to do the math when I admit that only four people total have contributed. Ever. Well, okay, five counting myself! This tells me that random, casual fund raising doesn't work. I'm wondering if full-on post-up-a-goal-chart with a deadline would work better. I hate doing this. Heck, if someone else wants to become the Yesterberry PR / sales rep guy, I'll happily take applications. In my mind, Yesterberry should be free, period. It may not make financial sense, but it's the dream I had and it's hard to give up...
    09-25-10 12:31 PM
    Donation sent. Thanks for the app and the vision.
    09-25-10 11:34 PM
    Folks,

We have GOT to support this! Go to the donation link here and leave at LEAST what you would pay for a well made app, which is 5 to 10 dollars in my opinion. Leave more if you can afford to! I did. Besides the great channels we already have, Charred can give us even more channels with the server he just got and we NEED to support it.
    09-26-10 04:04 PM
    Very Cool stuff. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

09-26-10 06:37 PM
546 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD