I have the same issue with CNN on a Tour 9630 running the stock OS (5.0.0.732).

Thanks!
    I'm honestly starting to think RIM lies on their compatibility docs...
    The 9630 should have no trouble playing it either. I'd appreciate others' feedback on this. Is the 8900 / 9000 / 9700 line the only BlackBerry phones which can actually handle streaming h264?

On a side note- since it was a double anyway, I replaced the defunct BBC News channel.
    09-09-10 05:04 PM
    I would like to see other Categories too, perhaps, Entertainment, Sports, News & Music. There can be overlap too, as these categories are gonna transcend the languages.

You should also think about some sort of way to make some ducats for yourself, WITHOUT charging us of course. Perhaps voluntary donations (I would donate), or some sort of unobtrusive ad banner.
    09-09-10 09:16 PM
    Pkcable is right. I agree with all three ideas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 09:29 PM
    I would like to see other Categories too, perhaps, Entertainment, Sports, News & Music. There can be overlap too, as these categories are gonna transcend the languages.

You should also think about some sort of way to make some ducats for yourself, WITHOUT charging us of course. Perhaps voluntary donations (I would donate), or some sort of unobtrusive ad banner.
    Categories are a good idea. Some channels are hard to classify, but I know most people would love it if the sports were all in one place, news in another, movies in another, etc. Kind of like how the live radio will be set up (Talk, Rock, Country, etc). I'm still trying to find the perfect way to organize things... the reality is, I probably need to do a proper php + database system, so everything can be sorted and arranged on the fly without thirty different handmade hard coded pages. As with most projects having only one developer, these things are planned for the future, but I'm so busy trying to make what we have better that I don't know when I'll get around to a complete rewrite

I actually do take PayPal donations, though the link is hidden at the bottom of the FAQ, and doesn't seem to work properly for mobile browsers... probably why Yesterberry hasn't earned a cent yet. I've looked into advertising, even trying some on hidden test pages, such as some text-based Google Adsense. I honestly didn't like the results, and it only earned any money if clicked on directly, not just viewed. I don't want to turn Yesterberry into a spammy ad-filled site where I beg or trick people into clicking on links. My goal is to keep things simple, clean, and lightweight while still looking pleasant and giving easy access to everything.

I grudgingly admit getting some monetary feedback from this would be helpful. My web hosting and domain name expires in six months, and having a little to put towards that would be nice. Thus far everything's been out of pocket, and when one's out of work...

pkcable, does CNN work for you?
    09-09-10 10:45 PM
    Nope CNN does not work and I have tried all the standard stuff, switching the browser types, clearing the caches etc. I'm on a 9650 on Verizon. A couple other streams don't work either like BBC Parliment and CNBC Europe. I figure it mght have to do with the streaming proticals or something or the speed.

Anyways PM me your paypal email when you get a chance and I will send you a little something.

09-09-10 11:53 PM
    Nope CNN does not work and I have tried all the standard stuff, switching the browser types, clearing the caches etc. I'm on a 9650 on Verizon. A couple other streams don't work either like BBC Parliment and CNBC Europe. I figure it mght have to do with the streaming proticals or something or the speed.

Anyways PM me your paypal email when you get a chance and I will send you a little something.

Uhg, all three of those streams work excellent here on my 9700, both on Wifi and (with continual buffering) on EDGE. All I can think of is that contrary to the official support documents, 95xx and 96xx models actually do not support streaming h264 Sometimes RIM frustrates me.

I've tossed up a preliminary category system. I'm sure I missed several channels for each, so don't be afraid to suggest what should go where. Hopefully it makes things a bit easier. Tomorrow I'm buried under real life stuff, but if I get a chance I'll add more- yes, I still have 50+ submitted channels to sort through, test, and post up... not to mention the radio and VOD section content
    09-10-10 12:50 AM
    Gang,

The donation link works from a regular PC if you want to send this mamaluke some ducats, to help with the server costs. He just got a little gift from me. He might be low key about it as right he should, BUT we need to support his effort! Go to YesterBerry - BlackBerry Streaming on your PC, and click on the FAQ link, and then scroll down and you will see the donation link.
    09-10-10 10:28 AM
    This is a great app, going to play with it this weekend!!!
    09-10-10 10:57 AM
    Gang,

The donation link works from a regular PC if you want to send this mamaluke some ducats, to help with the server costs. He just got a little gift from me. He might be low key about it as right he should, BUT we need to support his effort! Go to YesterBerry - BlackBerry Streaming on your PC, and click on the FAQ link, and then scroll down and you will see the donation link.
    Wow... thank you, pkcable! You've really made my day, you have no idea.

A few quick things: When submitting channels, it's best to give me direct rtsp:// stream links. I'm happy to take a look at links to embedded video in webpages, but keep in mind that these days those are 95% flash or mms:// (Windows Media) streams, so incompatible with our BlackBerries.

On that note- thanks to the submitter who gave me the Showtime channel! I guess putting up that more-obvious submission link was helpful. Unfortunately, being an mms:// feed, we cannot use it...
    09-10-10 11:48 AM
    Charred - have you seen this - There is info of rtsp streams for british telly - eg channel 4 and mtv

Watch Live TV channels streams with VLC media player | Tech Blog
    09-10-10 12:23 PM
    Charred - have you seen this - There is info of rtsp streams for british telly - eg channel 4 and mtv

Watch Live TV channels streams with VLC media player | Tech Blog
    Yes, I have seen those links. Unfortunately they died about five months ago. Thanks for trying to hunt some more down, though
    09-10-10 01:51 PM
    now you see a part of me knows that you have some british connection - What is it?
    09-10-10 05:45 PM
    Nice site, I wonder if you'll add stuff from up north in Canada?

- CK
    09-10-10 07:53 PM
    now you see a part of me knows that you have some british connection - What is it?
    Define connection

Nice site, I wonder if you'll add stuff from up north in Canada?

- CK
    If any channels from there get submitted, I'll be sure to post them up immediately!

I'm working on a Added Value Bonus Gift for those like pkcable who decide to donate; hopefully will have it finished by tomorrow.
    09-10-10 07:57 PM
    I really, really hate when life gets in the way of my plans. Looks like I won't be doing Yesterberry work today. I know it's somewhat off topic, but as an apology, here's another submission I couldn't use. I'm sure pc users and those on a Windows Media compatible device will find it interesting however:

BBC1 BBC2 BBC3 ITV1 ITV2 FIVE E4 FILM4 VAULT

They also work directly in VLC (Windows / Mac / Linux).
    09-11-10 01:08 PM
    Gonna give this a try right now.

Cheers for this

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-11-10 01:18 PM
    Charred - you seem to like uk TV - present for you

09-11-10 01:29 PM
    I can now watch AC Milan games on my phone! You have no idea how happy this app has made me!
    09-11-10 02:04 PM
    If you get a chance, could you refresh the main live TV page and try hovering over one of the icons in the top row? I don't expect such an easy fix to work, but...

The Opera Mini issue is tougher. It purposely breaks most normal HTML rules; even the simple CSS hover menus don't function in it. The only fixes I can think of offhand are the ones I outlined a page or two back. I did find and fix a coding glitch that made visited links in OM hard to read

Sounds good, I'll label it as such. Thanks so much!
    Sorry for the delay in responding, but now there aren't even tooltip text boxes on mouse over, blank or otherwise.
    09-11-10 03:21 PM
    Sorry for the delay in responding, but now there aren't even tooltip text boxes on mouse over, blank or otherwise.
    Thanks for the info.

I got to play on a Droid yesterday, and checked out Yesterberry on it, thinking that it might give me a rough idea of what 9800/webkit users are seeing. If that's what you have to deal with... I'm sorry. The current design really does work well for 9700 screens, which is all I have here currently to test on. On a larger resolution touchscreen- not so much. The icons are downright minuscule; there's no way that I could find to get the tooltips to pop up; the links were tiny and made navigation really difficult.

On the positive side, there's a ton more room for larger icons, proper labels, and scrolling seemed effortless and smooth (hoping the 9800 is similar!). Also interesting to note- all channels worked great on it! Just 1-2 bars of Verizon 3G, and it wasn't buffering at all. Makes me very jealous with my 1-2 bars of T-Mobile GPRS when the phones were sitting right next to each other...

So Torch owners, here's your assignment. Email me a screenshot or two of Yesteberry running on your device, in both normal and landscape mode. I'm going to try implementing a browser or resolution check, which should offer a me a chance to serve an alternate version of the site for you guys. I actually feel really bad about this. I should have coded proper universal device support before a public release. My only saving grace is that Yesterberry has been helpful to some people even as-is.

Not to get everyone too excited or too far ahead of myself, but within the next six months, there's big upgrade plans for Yesterberry. Due to personal reasons, it looks like I'll be moving back to an area with proper 3G and fiber optic internet. That translates to better testing, and the ability to run channels in-house! I'd need to find some way to offset the cost, but I'm sure some folks would like access to the major networks on their Blackberry, especially when there's a game on

Also in the planning stages is Yesterberry v2. I'm hoping to have the framework in place to coincide with the move. v2 will end the hard-coded individual html pages, and implement- ready for this?- a proper search. Imagine finding what you want to watch by typing in "movies," "sports," or even specifics like "Fox." Each channel will have a proper description, and even a rating system (so that you can also sort by 'top-rated' channels). If I'm really ambitious, a simple login system will let users compile their own personal collections as a start page. That way, as long as they set their username/password to be saved in their browser, clicking the Yesterberry icon will immediately bring up their personally-chosen favorites.

That's enough teasers. Back to the business of real life. Just wanted everyone to know that even while things seem quiet, I'm hard at work!
    09-12-10 01:45 PM
    Keep up the good work!
    09-13-10 04:03 PM
    Not to get everyone too excited or too far ahead of myself, but within the next six months, there's big upgrade plans for Yesterberry. Due to personal reasons, it looks like I'll be moving back to an area with proper 3G and fiber optic internet. That translates to better testing, and the ability to run channels in-house! I'd need to find some way to offset the cost, but I'm sure some folks would like access to the major networks on their Blackberry, especially when there's a game on

Also in the planning stages is Yesterberry v2. I'm hoping to have the framework in place to coincide with the move. v2 will end the hard-coded individual html pages, and implement- ready for this?- a proper search. Imagine finding what you want to watch by typing in "movies," "sports," or even specifics like "Fox." Each channel will have a proper description, and even a rating system (so that you can also sort by 'top-rated' channels). If I'm really ambitious, a simple login system will let users compile their own personal collections as a start page. That way, as long as they set their username/password to be saved in their browser, clicking the Yesterberry icon will immediately bring up their personally-chosen favorites.

That's enough teasers. Back to the business of real life. Just wanted everyone to know that even while things seem quiet, I'm hard at work!
    WOW! What great teasers!

Thanks so much for your hard work and dedication to an app that just keeps getting better and better. I visited your FAQ page. Keep up the great work!
    09-14-10 06:31 AM
    I love this, and I am eternally grateful that it's free!

Not to rain on the parade, but be careful with the networks. That's what VuiVision tried to do, and they were "cease & desist"-ed into irrelevance. At one time, they provided a link to an NBC, CBS, Fox, & ABC network feed, but they were threatened with lawsuits galore. I think they just pulled in the feed from one NBC affiliate somewhere in the country, one CBS affiliate, etc., but the networks themselves had hissy fits. Just a heads-up.
    09-14-10 10:43 AM
    See, this is one of those times where it seems like nothing's been going on at Yesterberry. But au contraire, mon fr�re!

1. First off, I've added a few VOD titles, and there's a couple dozen more ready to go up tomorrow. I've tried to be varied- we'll have everything from 1917 to the 1960's... from horror to film noir to comedy. I'll probably categorize them by decade at first, until we get so many it needs further splitting. And before you young kids poo-poo this section, give it chance. Ever heard of Gary Cooper? Marilyn Monroe? Judy Garland? James Mason? Elizabeth Taylor? Well, they all have a home now on your phone here at Yesterberry!

2. Secondly, I've been working behind the scenes on a database searching system for v2. It's got a long way to go, but it works- entering anything (such as 'bbc' or 'movies') brings up the related channels. This new back-end will also help me set up the 'custom pages' I mentioned in my previous post. It may seem simple, but it took a solid day to accomplish. I suppose Yesterberry is one way stop being so rusty at php coding

3. General feedback from the support emails: Thanks for all the kind words. I do realize that the FAQ could use some clarification and updating. I'll get that done tomorrow as well. As soon as possible, channels will show up according to device compatibility (eliminating the "why doesn't this channel work for me?" problems). I add what channels are submitted, and get new submissions up as quickly as possible. Besides donations, contributing new mp4/3gp/rtsp streams is the best way to help Yesterberry grow! Speaking of donations...

4. Lastly (and what took the longest), I've finally finished the framework and done testing on the Yesterberry Donator's Premium Gift. I'll let those who receive it say whether it's worthwhile or not, and remain mysteriously tight-lipped about what it might be

...and with that, it's almost 4am, so I'm off to bed. Enjoy your Yesterberry!
    09-15-10 04:41 AM
    All right, I hate doing this. But I'm just so close...

If and/or when Yesterberry receives $60 more of donations, I can implement a huge upgrade. I mean massive. Like, 'running our own unlimited 1000Mbps stream server' massive. 'Adding new premium channels every week' massive. Being our own true streaming service, with virtually no limit on the number of viewers per channel, or amount of content we can add.

A few important points- Yesterberry isn't going anywhere. If the donations don't occur, it's gotten enough to stay just as it is. 200+ live BlackBerry channels is nothing to sneeze at, so no pressure. If you're happy, that's all that matters. I'm not an extortionist, and the point of Yesterberry is free media for everyone. Unfortunately the price for being 100% "non-profit" is not having any funds for spiffy upgrades like what's possible here... which frustrate me only because I'd love to answer "sure!" to all the channel requests Yesterberry gets daily.

Also important to note- if this upgrade occurs, Yesterberry is not going to start sourcing streams (and never will). We will still only post user-submitted existing streams. What it will do is convert some of the submitted streams into proper mobile format. Think of it as an automated relay service, like running a webpage through Google Translator or a free web proxy.

I admit, I've been spending my time working toward this possibility instead of doing the VOD and Radio work I mentioned yesterday. Forgive my enthusiasm! Don't be afraid to tell me to stop dreaming and get back to improving what we have
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-17-10 at 01:02 AM.
    09-17-10 01:00 AM
546 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD