not bad.....but the TV channels have no real good movies ..... and the radio streaming never works....what's up with that......says failed to play file.....

i tried downloading the file but it was just an m3u file
    Sorry the live selection didn't have what you were looking for. Maybe you can try checking the user-submitted playlists in the Video On Demand section

Are you talking about the on demand or live radio? I actually verified all the radio links tonight (and added some more live ones). A lot of the live radio channels do use m3u playlist files. If you choose "Open," they should play fine over Edge / 3G / Wifi, and through RIM servers, through APN, or through Hotspot (wifi only) settings. According to your profile, you're using the 9700, just as I am, so they shouldn't be a problem. What network are you on? Have you ever been able to open m3u files?

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sure we can figure out what's stopping things from working at your end.
    09-05-10 02:41 AM
    This is amazing. Thanks for posting!!!

As the previous person mentioned, it would be nice to have an alphabetical list of everything on one page.

... but this will be the first web launcher that I install on my phone (usually just use bookmarks).

Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow thanks it's nice app to have on my bb
    Just wondering if possible; you have the icons
    for the TV and radio stations. Could it be possible to
    have what the icon (station) is? I know when you go over
    it, it tells you what station it is. But I think (my opinion) it would be helpful
    if you can scroll down to what you are looking for by reading the title
    next to it.
    Don't think I'm ignoring you guys, thanks for the feedback! I've been brainstorming different layout ideas and have yet to come up with something I'm happy with. I'll share what I've done thus far though, maybe you guys can give some input.

The current live layout is a basic grid of 3 x 7 channel icons; so, 21 channels per page. Counting both audio and video collections, we're up to 10 pages, so have over 200 channels This presents a problem when trying alternate layout schemes....

Here's how it is now. You get the channel icon, hover over it to get a text description, and click it to play. No scrolling needed, and very clean. I guess some want more information at a glance, though, so I quickly tried this:

That didn't work very well. Sure, the channels are labeled, but to keep the current layout, the text has to be very, very small. It's also a bit ugly IMO. Okay, different layout altogether:

Definitely more descriptive, and between the country icon and the text info, there should be no guessing. However, the channel icon had to be shrunk down even further to make this work, making it nearly useless. More importantly, notice how many channels now fit on the screen- nearly six. We went from 21 to 6 per page. You'd now have to either do about four pages worth of scrolling just to see the content that's on one current page... or have 35 pages instead of ten!

Sure, we could ditch the icons and clever layouts completely, but then we have a long, ugly list of links. No, I'm not posting a picture of that, because it's horrid. Trust me. Yesterberry is supposed to be a BlackBerry web app, not a generic WAP site from 2002. You may think it would make things easier, but my sense of aesthetics refuse to let me create such a thing.

The only other idea I've come up with is a by-country sorting system, but this presents a lot of other problems. Some channels are foreign-based (like, from France or Russia) but broadcast in English and are therefore still useful to monolingual folk. What category would they go in? Some countries only have one or two channels- should there be multiple pages of tiny collections? And if we're sorting by language... well, I speak enough French and Spanish to recognize them, but I'd frankly be stumped at some of the others.

Unofficially, I try to keep most of the popular / english-speaking stuff on the first few Live TV pages, and group collections together (which is why CCTV English is off with the other non-English CCTV channels). Maybe it's not the best way, but it's functional for now. I do eventually plan on rewriting everything in PHP and doing a database of channels; the current pages are hard-coded HTML done in notepad, to keep things fast and light, but make having multiple concurrent layout options a little unrealistic.

Sorry for all the rambling. Bottom line is that Yesterberry is here to please. If we can come up with a better layout together, I'm happy to put in the work to make it happen.
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-05-10 at 05:29 PM.
    09-05-10 05:24 PM
    CharredPC, very impressive!!!!! I can tell you've been hard at work. Thanks for bringing all this FREE stuff to the community. Keep up the great work.

09-05-10 05:37 PM
    Thanks CharredPC for all your hard work and great program.
    And no I didn't think you were ignoring us....
    Under your first picture you said "Here's how it is now".
    Mine is not like that. I have 21 icons that go straight down
    in a row on the left hand side of the screen.
    Is there a setting or something that I missed?
    09-05-10 06:58 PM
    Thanks CharredPC for all your hard work and great program.
    And no I didn't think you were ignoring us....
    Under your first picture you said "Here's how it is now".
    Mine is not like that. I have 21 icons that go straight down
    in a row on the left hand side of the screen.
    Is there a setting or something that I missed?
    Wow, no wonder you mentioned something! I believe your issue is the browser setting called "column view" - in the browser, go to Options -> General Properties -> Default View. If yours is on "Column" instead of "Page," it will look like you describe. After changing this setting and hitting Save, you'll probably have to restart your browser. Let me know if this fixes things for you
    09-05-10 07:28 PM
    Wow, no wonder you mentioned something! I believe your issue is the browser setting called "column view" - in the browser, go to Options -> General Properties -> Default View. If yours is on "Column" instead of "Page," it will look like you describe. After changing this setting and hitting Save, you'll probably have to restart your browser. Let me know if this fixes things for you
    Thanks Charred,
    You were right, mine was set for column view.
    After I changed it to page, I got the same as the picture you posted.
    Thanks again
    09-05-10 07:49 PM
    UK BBC 1 hasn't been working for me all day. Still a great service! Thanks much.
    09-05-10 08:56 PM
    All VOD content says "unsupported format".
    09-05-10 09:36 PM
    UK BBC 1 hasn't been working for me all day. Still a great service! Thanks much.
    I had a report of this earlier and checked on it; the server's down, but it's expected back up within 24 hours.

All VOD content says "unsupported format".
    Unfortunately RIM decided to make random models (such as your 9630) not support HTTP streaming. I doubt we'll ever know why, since even the 8900's do. In the meantime, you should be able to download the VOD material and watch it straight from your phone afterward. I know that's not a perfect option, but we can thank RIM for it
    09-05-10 09:47 PM
    I don't know if it is possible but here are the streamed channels fot iphone - TVCatchup Mobile can you convert ch 4 and cbbc to your stream?

09-06-10 01:07 AM
    Also there is a streaming error for BBC one

09-06-10 01:22 AM
    I don't know if it is possible but here are the streamed channels fot iphone - TVCatchup Mobile can you convert ch 4 and cbbc to your stream?

Unfortunately it's not that easy. Others have submitted that url too, but all direct BBC streams (such as those from tvcatchup) are geo-locked, device-locked, and session-based (expiring url's). So unless you have a UK ip, an iPhone, and acquire new links a few seconds before each time you want to watch something, bbc/tvcatchup does no good. There are some clever ways around it, but it requires a heck of a lot of setup and extra settings / software to do... which is probably not possible on a BlackBerry.

Small technical rant: I actually already have a working submitted stream for cbbc. It just isn't in the right format for our BlackBerry phones (mms://..). Again, blame RIM for this! What's frustrating is that I can save the stream directly to disk as a *.wmv file, and then it plays on our phones without a problem. It's not the video or audio codec that's an issue, but the mms transport system RIM couldn't be bothered including. Sometimes their software choices baffle me.

Ironically, it's this very limitation that makes a web app like Yesterberry valuable. If RIM released a patch tomorrow to make mms:// streams work, I could immediately add over a thousand streams- everything from ITV3/4 to HBO to anything else imaginable. The only other way around this is for me to actively convert stream types- which I can do, and have done, but costs money. Yesterberry is 100% free and currently has no sponsorship, so unfortunately the petty cash drawer is rather empty

Also there is a streaming error for BBC one

Reported and fixed
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-06-10 at 10:15 AM.
    09-06-10 09:56 AM
    Ok - understand and once again the iphone apps have beaten blackberry. I guess BB may have made their choices in the name of security - iphone address it bt the measures you detail BB cannot be bothered.

But channel 4 and cbbc would be fantastic additions to the list as would eurosport.

But this is fantastic and is easily the best app BB has.

09-06-10 03:47 PM
    Ok - understand and once again the iphone apps have beaten blackberry. I guess BB may have made their choices in the name of security - iphone address it bt the measures you detail BB cannot be bothered.

But channel 4 and cbbc would be fantastic additions to the list as would eurosport.

But this is fantastic and is easily the best app BB has.

Thanks for the high praise I'll post up those feeds the moment someone submits them.

A quick update... I've redone the VOD section. If I'm right, it'll now work for all BlackBerry models. I'll get a lot more content up there this week, I was just in a hurry to get things working for everyone.
    09-06-10 04:04 PM
    Great app! Thanks for all the hard work you put in. Looking forward to future improvements and channels.

09-06-10 04:25 PM
    really good app im liking the fact i can watch cnn on there
    09-06-10 09:01 PM
    Great app! Thanks for all the hard work you put in. Looking forward to future improvements and channels.

Did some more work tonight, and added another page of live radio channels; by request, more love for the homesick Brits with over a dozen local England / Whales / Scotland stations! Feel right at home again listening to UK morning shows and familiar traffic and weather reports Just remember the time difference...

Also added another VOD, verified some channels, and posted a link to this thread in the website FAQ for those that want support. Doing a little Google checking, it seems as though Yesterberry is being mentioned in a few different languages- good thing the 230+ channels have a diverse mix!
    Last edited by CharredPC; 09-07-10 at 02:09 AM.
    09-07-10 02:03 AM
    Those looking for Sports check out CCTV5 it's like China's ESPN, in particular they like basketball, but they cover ALL kinds of sports.

And WHAT the heck is MatrixLeader talking about no movies I was watching movies all weekend on Five and ITV!
    09-07-10 09:49 AM

And WHAT the heck is MatrixLeader talking about no movies I was watching movies all weekend on Five and ITV!
    yeh but they were **** movies - For your eyes only

We need to find a stream for Channel 4 - Much better programmes on that

And Dave and E4
    09-07-10 11:10 AM
    This is a really cool app. I tried it out last night over wifi and it worked great. Some channels kept telling me I didn't have an acctive connection. Maybe it was an issue with their feed.

So are the feeds bascially "live" feeds from what the particular channel is currently broadcasting?

My only suggetion would be to group the listings in categories: sports, news, broadcast...ect. For easier viewing. Or maybe let people choose how to view them.

Again, a very neat program. Can't beat free!
    09-07-10 12:17 PM
    This is a really cool app. I tried it out last night over wifi and it worked great. Some channels kept telling me I didn't have an acctive connection. Maybe it was an issue with their feed.

So are the feeds bascially "live" feeds from what the particular channel is currently broadcasting?

My only suggetion would be to group the listings in categories: sports, news, broadcast...ect. For easier viewing. Or maybe let people choose how to view them.

Again, a very neat program. Can't beat free!
    I've run into that connection error while on wifi. From my experience, it's a RIM/Wifi thing; switching the browser mode to "Hotspot" usually clears it up for me. I can tell you that it's not a problem with the feeds

Another common glitch (especially while jumping from channel to channel quickly) is that it will hang on the data transfer arrows and not start buffering the channel. Hitting back, waiting a few seconds, then trying again always solves it for me here. It's unfortunately a problem in how the BlackBerry software handles things.

Yes, all the channels are live simulcasts, just in a format that's compatible to our phones. In today's day and age, I think internet-based mobile tv should be free just as basic antenna broadcasts are free. Not that many broadcast corporations agree with me!

I'm open to suggestions on how to categorize things. Some channels are hard to classify

09-07-10 12:37 PM
    Pkcable spoke about this yesterberry in another topic.... really starting to get my interest.... The ONLY thing Im missing or if theres an app out there for espn, sports center, or even being able to get nfl games on radio through the bb that would be AWESOME!!!
    Sprint loss the contract to the NFL to Verizon.... so as a result sprints alternative is some horrible nfl live app that mimics espn's online service.. no offense to espn..

Is there a tv app that would do this?

My other option would be slingbox.....

Thanks

"NY Giants stand tall- Patriots understand your legacy is finished. There is always that 18-1"
    09-07-10 01:42 PM
    Pkcable spoke about this yesterberry in another topic.... really starting to get my interest.... The ONLY thing Im missing or if theres an app out there for espn, sports center, or even being able to get nfl games on radio through the bb that would be AWESOME!!!
    Sprint loss the contract to the NFL to Verizon.... so as a result sprints alternative is some horrible nfl live app that mimics espn's online service.. no offense to espn..

Is there a tv app that would do this?

My other option would be slingbox.....

Thanks

"NY Giants stand tall- Patriots understand your legacy is finished. There is always that 18-1"
    Unfortunately no, Verizon has exactly what you want, which I AM going to get (and they are charging us 10 bucks a month for it, but possibly it's free this year, it's not 100% clear), which is the NFL Network stream, then Thrusday & Sunday night games, PLUS the RedZone Channel. And audio for all the games.

HOWEVER you MIGHT, MIGHT find some games on the channels on yesterberry, but you are going to have to dig around on gameday to find them, plus I'm not sure how likely it is as he does not have the most mainstream sports feeds like Sky sports for example or NASN. CCTV5 is a good place to check that's China's version of ESPN. And Gangdong (or something like that) Sports. Sports Italy, Sports Portigal etc. Poke around on game day, BUT they MUCH prefer what they call football, which is really soccer.
    09-07-10 02:26 PM
    I agree with above. I think this is a great and worthwhile app for many...just not for me. I can get news on my browser, and I don't need to watch TV when away from my set at home. Sports on the other hand, ESPN, etc, yes, me want to watch on the go. That would be very beneficial.

Should that ever happen, I will jump on it.
    09-07-10 02:30 PM
    I agree with above. I think this is a great and worthwhile app for many...just not for me. I can get news on my browser, and I don't need to watch TV when away from my set at home. Sports on the other hand, ESPN, etc, yes, me want to watch on the go. That would be very beneficial.

Should that ever happen, I will jump on it.
    If you like sports don't be so quick to dismiss this. The Chinese LOVE the NBA, plus they have a pro baseball league too. And if you like soccer at all you'll find loads of that. I was able to watch 2 Euro Cup games this weekend. There are also a few Slovak stations which I THINK show hockey in season.
    09-07-10 03:00 PM
546 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD