Here's a must-have web launcher for those that like to get the most out of their unlimited BlackBerry data plans! Say hello to Yesterberry, the free web app specifically designed to deliver great streaming content to our favorite devices. It was originally envisioned for vintage material, but has recently expanded to include over 200 live audio and video channels. Here's a preview of what you get:

After installing the weblauncher, click the new Yesterberry TV icon- usually in your Downloads folder.

The Video On Demand section offers HTTP-streamed vintage video to capable phones through the native browser.

Enjoy classic films from every genre categorized by decade, in either Low or High Quality.

Verified and updated multiple times a week, Yesterberry offers a massive collection of user-submitted live streams from all over the globe.

Speaking of live streams, the Yesterberry radio section provides access to everything from live rock, ambient, news, ESPN, NPR talk and more- no extra app needed!

Besides the live streaming selection, the radio section also gives you access to hundreds of hours of classic radio categorized by genre and title.

All shows can be listened to immediately, or saved right to your phone (or memory card) to enjoy at your convenience.

Look interesting? Check it out, it's completely free! Simply click the link below to install the Yesterberry web launcher; for those that prefer using DM, see attachment (OS 4.2 and above):

Yesterberry OTA download link

Mini-FAQ:

1. What do I need to use Yesterberry?
    Yesterberry has been tested and verified 100% working on a BlackBerry Bold 9700 (OS 5.0.0.862). Many other models will work as well. Certain older models have reported mixed successes depending on the section (VOD, TV, Radio); feel free to share your results here!

2. What network speed do I need?
    A good EDGE connection, 3G, or Wifi is recommended. Those stuck in GPRS zones may want to stick to the on-demand audio section. Constant buffering or distorted video are sure signs that your network isn't fast enough.

3. Why is this free???
    To put it simply; because I'm nuts. Seriously, this is pet project that I've done to help others, and will never charge for it (though your donations will ensure it sticks around). I saw a need in the BlackBerry community, and believed I could fill it. This is the results.

I welcome all comments, concerns, and suggestions. If you need to reach me directly, drop an email to [email protected].
    Last edited by CharredPC; 10-12-10 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Updating some older information...
    pkcable, aznlgcy and evilredzombie like this.
    09-04-10 02:20 AM
    Wow, thanks man it looks great. Maybe a way to put a index to avoid changing from page to page? Otherwise, it looks amazing, great work!
    09-04-10 02:54 AM
    This site is the best streaming site ive ever seen on my blackberry..has everything from most of the countries..doesnt lag at all.. ill give this thing a 10..i recommend u guys to try this..
    09-04-10 02:55 AM
    Now my BB is complete - thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-10 03:47 AM
    My son has asked if CBBC can be added to the menu?

09-04-10 03:48 AM
    My son has asked if CBBC can be added to the menu?

If someone submits a stream of it, yes, I will happily add it
    09-04-10 04:31 AM
    This is amazing. Thanks for posting!!!

As the previous person mentioned, it would be nice to have an alphabetical list of everything on one page.

... but this will be the first web launcher that I install on my phone (usually just use bookmarks).

Thanks again!

09-04-10 05:01 AM
    Wow thanks it's nice app to have on my bb
    Just wondering if possible; you have the icons
    for the TV and radio stations. Could it be possible to
    have what the icon (station) is? I know when you go over
    it, it tells you what station it is. But I think (my opinion) it would be helpful
    if you can scroll down to what you are looking for by reading the title
    next to it.
    09-04-10 11:49 AM
    Wow! This is a great app...you are so kind and generous to offer it for free.

Thank you!!!!
    09-04-10 11:56 AM
    Very cool. Might make use of this.
    09-04-10 12:06 PM
    Works great on the streams that load on a 9630. Some that didn't load are CNN and BBC world news. May be the time of day or that I might not be in optimal conditions with regards to my signal though.

Nice work on this. It is very much appreciated.
    09-04-10 12:08 PM
    What a sweet application. I have a relatively newb question, I don't have unlimited data but have wifi at home. Is there a way to set the program to use Wifi only? Sometimes my wifi goes out and I'd hate to use up any data from my plan.
    Again, what a great application. Has my nomination for app of the year. So smooth.
    09-04-10 12:38 PM
    What a sweet application. I have a relatively newb question, I don't have unlimited data but have wifi at home. Is there a way to set the program to use Wifi only? Sometimes my wifi goes out and I'd hate to use up any data from my plan.
    Again, what a great application. Has my nomination for app of the year. So smooth.
    Here, I'm able to open the BlackBerry browser, go into Browser Options, General Properties, and change the default browser to Hotspot Browser. I also change it under Browser Configuration too, just to be sure, then reboot the browser. If you can do that, then all data will definitely come through the Wifi instead of your cell network.

09-04-10 03:30 PM
    Awesome, thanks for this. It works great.
    09-04-10 03:43 PM
    Charred this is really generous of you...great app, thanks a lot.
    09-04-10 04:12 PM
    This is working great on my Bold 9000, OS v.822. Many thanks for your hard work!
    09-04-10 04:13 PM
    I bookmarked it when I first found it, but this makes it easier. Thanks.
    09-04-10 04:22 PM
    Looking good, if this had a stream for ESPN and ESPN2...be legit
    09-04-10 07:55 PM
    Thanks for sharing!

09-04-10 09:00 PM
    Charred!!proud of you man! I thought u were selling the site n gave up!! Glad to see how far you've gotten thanks man!

09-04-10 09:44 PM
    im trying to download this but it keeps saying its not a supported file or cant open the file somthing like that,
    09-04-10 10:20 PM
    Well, color me impressed! I downloaded the launcher and went to the site, 1st test channel errored out, but several others I tried opened up and streamed beautifully. Excellent work! I'll be spreading the word.

09-04-10 10:36 PM
    Has spanish channels?

Yes, it does have several Spanish channels. There's actually a rather diverse assortment, with everything from English to French to Slovakian to Russian...

Charred!!proud of you man! I thought u were selling the site n gave up!! Glad to see how far you've gotten thanks man!

Thanks! I never wanted to give up on it, just had to delay things a bit while I took care of life issues. I'm also glad I kept going

im trying to download this but it keeps saying its not a supported file or cant open the file somthing like that,
    If you tell me the exact error, we can try troubleshooting it. Keep in mind that the launcher is compatible with OS 4.2 or higher (if you need one for 4.1 or lower, just let me know), and you need to be in the native browser (not Bolt or Opera Mini) to install it.

Well, color me impressed! I downloaded the launcher and went to the site, 1st test channel errored out, but several others I tried opened up and streamed beautifully. Excellent work! I'll be spreading the word.

Don't be afraid to drop me an email ([email protected]) and tell me which channel isn't working. I try and keep up on any that go down or become unreliable, but with over 150 channels, I don't always catch them immediately. In some cases I may even just be able to replace it with an alternate backup stream.

Keep the feedback coming guys, and thanks for checking out Yesterberry!
    09-04-10 10:57 PM
    Checking it out Thanks in advance!
    09-04-10 11:14 PM
    not bad.....but the TV channels have no real good movies ..... and the radio streaming never works....what's up with that......says failed to play file.....

i tried downloading the file but it was just an m3u file
    09-05-10 01:13 AM
546 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD