Low bandwith works fine on my Curve 8330 picture is kind of small though.
    Medium bandwith throws an error.
    11-05-09 02:52 PM
    VuiVision is a good concept but has a ways to go before it's ready to be a paid service.
    Their TV service is not ready for prime time.

eheheheheeee!!!
    11-05-09 02:56 PM
    I got shut off for the last out of the WS and couldn't reconnect.

VuiVision is a good concept but has a ways to go before it's ready to be a paid service.

I received error messages as well, but was able to reconnect after a while. It happened a couple of times and it seems as if it happened during the most exciting parts too.

I agree........... VuiVision is great, but it does have some tweeking to do before it be a paid service. (Or even a free app. )
    11-05-09 02:57 PM
    I'm watching news reports on the Fort Hood massacre on vuivision!
    11-05-09 03:56 PM
    Mmmmmm thats almost as good as rubbing myself in peanut butter and running around with a bunch of dogs......er wait......i mean almost as good as being home watching tv lol! Keep working you guys rock
    11-07-09 02:44 PM
    Just became a pay site. $1.99 month or 14.99 for a year
    11-08-09 02:59 AM
    welp, I'm done with it then!
    11-08-09 04:22 AM
    The price does not seem unreasonable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 05:10 AM
    I'd agree, if the sound didn't lag and the picture were somewhat clear

You don't charge for alpha releases. Simple as that, IMHO.
    11-08-09 05:11 AM
    I believe they have now gone beta. Perhaps they are testing the subscription system. Also 1.99 a month does not sound unreasonable.

11-08-09 05:19 AM
    i'll definitely subscribe when a few more channels are offered. TBS, A&E, Discovery, Travel, WB, FOX Reality etc

Neat idea, just not worth the three dollars a month for what is offered, imo. i don't follow sports so i'm not enticed by football or the World Series.

i'll be keeping an eye on the program though for sure!

11-08-09 05:25 AM
    I believe they have now gone beta.
    Still says alpha on their home page.
    11-08-09 05:26 AM
    CB made this APP way to popular, lol. If they made the application with the option to view my local news NBC, CBS, ect....then I wouldn't mind paying for it. I don't need to know what NY local news lol. But NFL sunday on BB is good too. Lol

11-08-09 06:08 AM
    Thanks to all the Blackberry and Crackberry.com users who have frequented VuiVision.com over the last four weeks.

As you can imagine, when we first posted our alpha site to load test our servers we never expected the response that we received.

It was overwhelming and we tried, to the best of our ability, to reconfigure and grow to meet the massive and growing demand.

Each day since the initial post on this thread, our web traffic has grown, but so has our costs. To meet the demand of our viewers during the World Series required a massive increase in costs. Costs that were too much to cover under an "advertising-only" business model.

Servers are expensive, bandwidth is even more expensive. After looking at several business models, and examining what has worked in the past and failed, it was obvious that we had to embrace the subscription model.

We believe that we offer a valuable service to many, that valuable service is expensive to deliver. At $2.99/month, for both low and medium bandwidth video streams, it seems reasonable. We thought about lower pricing but we could not make the numbers work. We also thought about higher pricing but I am against that because I love "inexpensive" stuff, as I'm sure most of you do too.

Think about it for a moment, a cup of coffee at starbucks is $2.99. A donut and a coffee at D&D is $2.99.

The freedom to take programming with you anywhere in the world has got to be worth $2.99/mo.

We are working with content providers and distributors to enhance our line up and expect to have several more channels to offer shortly.

Also, we are running a very short promotion for those of you who were with us since day one - if you sign up today you will receive VuiVision for $1.99/mo or $14.99/year - almost 33% off our regular price. We are also working on some promotions with Crackberry.com to offer special pricing. When those are available I'll let you know.

Thanks to all of you at Crackberry.com.

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang 10 Technologies
    VuiVision.com
    11-08-09 06:19 AM
    What are the chances you will have more than 4 channels and will the crackberry promos be a better cost than this is, and last but not least, what time zone is the feed coming from?

Thanks to all the Blackberry and Crackberry.com users who have frequented VuiVision.com over the last four weeks.

As you can imagine, when we first posted our alpha site to load test our servers we never expected the response that we received.

It was overwhelming and we tried, to the best of our ability, to reconfigure and grow to meet the massive and growing demand.

Each day since the initial post on this thread, our web traffic has grown, but so has our costs. To meet the demand of our viewers during the World Series required a massive increase in costs. Costs that were too much to cover under an "advertising-only" business model.

Servers are expensive, bandwidth is even more expensive. After looking at several business models, and examining what has worked in the past and failed, it was obvious that we had to embrace the subscription model.

We believe that we offer a valuable service to many, that valuable service is expensive to deliver. At $2.99/month, for both low and medium bandwidth video streams, it seems reasonable. We thought about lower pricing but we could not make the numbers work. We also thought about higher pricing but I am against that because I love "inexpensive" stuff, as I'm sure most of you do too.

Think about it for a moment, a cup of coffee at starbucks is $2.99. A donut and a coffee at D&D is $2.99.

The freedom to take programming with you anywhere in the world has got to be worth $2.99/mo.

We are working with content providers and distributors to enhance our line up and expect to have several more channels to offer shortly.

Also, we are running a very short promotion for those of you who were with us since day one - if you sign up today you will receive VuiVision for $1.99/mo or $14.99/year - almost 33% off our regular price. We are also working on some promotions with Crackberry.com to offer special pricing. When those are available I'll let you know.

Thanks to all of you at Crackberry.com.

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang 10 Technologies
    VuiVision.com
    Last edited by tmp3150; 11-08-09 at 06:54 AM.
    11-08-09 06:40 AM
    i think they are going to see a sharp decline in people going to this site. I dont think its ready at all. during the testing phase i was receiving alot of unavailable and losing the stream. the service ran choppy sometimes along with the audio lag. i think this new business plan is going to set them up for failure. i think they should set up a raffle and give out memberships to keep the bandwith low until they are done with the testing phases. yes $2.99 isnt a lot but i cant see anyone paying for a service that we dont know whats going to happen in the near future because its only being tested for now.
    11-08-09 08:30 AM
    What are the chances you will have more than 4 channels and will the crackberry promos be a better cost than this is, and last but not least, what time zone is the feed coming from?
    its eastern time zone, looks like it is NYC, NY or the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT)
    11-08-09 08:32 AM
    i think they are going to see a sharp decline in people going to this site. I dont think its ready at all. during the testing phase i was receiving alot of unavailable and losing the stream. the service ran choppy sometimes along with the audio lag. i think this new business plan is going to set them up for failure. i think they should set up a raffle and give out memberships to keep the bandwith low until they are done with the testing phases. yes $2.99 isnt a lot but i cant see anyone paying for a service that we dont know whats going to happen in the near future because its only being tested for now.
    +1 i loved, told everyone about this site but for 2.99$ when its still spotty is a no go for me. maybe when everything gets figured out or most of the big issues, *losing the stream and audio lag* i think are the two worst, i might be back
    11-08-09 08:37 AM
    Every business loses money at first, Hang10. You can't expect subscribers to finance your trial & error phase. That's just how it is and why most startups get venture capitalists on board.

I definitely won't pay. You want $3 a month for beta that's inconsistent - Lord knows what you'll want when it's considered v1.0.

Last edited by dchawk81; 11-08-09 at 09:35 AM.
    11-08-09 09:31 AM
    Every business loses money at first, Hang10. You can't expect subscribers to finance your trial & error phase. That's just how it is and why most startups get venture capitalists on board.

I definitely won't pay. You want $3 a month for beta that's inconsistent - Lord knows what you'll want when it's considered v1.0.

co-sign ....
    11-08-09 09:47 AM

Word........
    11-08-09 10:36 AM
    I'd just like to thank those of you won't pay for freeing up the bandwidth for those of us who will
    11-08-09 10:49 AM
    Is this really that new? the mobile networks this side of the pond have been doing live streaming for a few years, i get all my sports channels fed live to my bold, and BBC have a free mobile tv service where you can watch any of their channels or radio stations. Surprised you guys arent ahead of us here...
    11-08-09 11:47 AM
    I hope they de-ghettoize their web site if they want people to give them their credit card numbers. Looks like the site was designed back in 1995.
    11-08-09 01:26 PM
    After playing with it momentarily and showing it to a few people, I was going to give it a real test with the football game today but now they're charging... Just my luck.
    11-08-09 03:13 PM
322 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD