02-26-13 01:22 PM
322 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Great! Application submitted.
    Thanks!
    10-09-09 08:12 AM
    SPB TV BlackBerry Software SPB Software there is one more IP TV software. I just tried on my flip, works really good.
    10-09-09 08:44 AM
    Yeah, but the other software gives all news and foreign channels. VuiVision is network TV...
    10-09-09 09:56 AM
    I have logged onto the site multiple times this morning and have found that the 3 major networks are listed as "NOT Broadcasting." It seems the Crackberry family may be putting too much strain on VuiVision. Also not that when I tried NBC I got a message "Cannot play media while phone is active." What is that all about.
    10-09-09 10:34 AM
    I watch it some yesterday when they was on their limited servers and it was working flawlessly then just like regular tv with advertisements too, on my curve. They only had one channel working then and soon the site was down again soon after . I did not check it this morning but I will check it out later it looks awesum.I think I will see if they need any more beta testers as the post above was saying about .
    10-09-09 10:45 AM
    I was watching it before it went up on the main Blog page here and we crashed it.
    It's just what it is. Live streams of what's on TV.
    Kick-***.

As the company has said, they're still in Alpha, so coverage will by spotty. Expect better service in November when they move into Beta.
    10-09-09 11:21 AM
    Guess what.....They are testing the NBC feed at a "Medium" resolution now. For Drama type shows and slow action, this seems pretty darn good, though I does pixellate some, though not nearly as much as the Low-res screens. Sports might still be rough....

Nice.

Would love to see what a "hi-res" would look like, but going from where this medium res to high might not be as big a jump would appear as going from Low to what they are currently using for the NBC medium.

I am going to try and use QL to grab a screen grab or two and post....

EDIT: I don't think I can get a full-screen grab since it is playing in MP. I think I can get a non-full screen grab.......
    Last edited by jlb21; 10-09-09 at 12:45 PM.
    10-09-09 12:42 PM
    I'd pay 5 or even 10 bucks a month for FOX, ABC, CBS, NBC, SyFy, MSNBC, and any others (Discovery, History, et al) in Medium Quality with a TiVo-esque record feature. PrimeTime2Go would get my money but unfortunately doesn't work on non-WiFi devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 12:57 PM
    What browser ID are you using?
    Mine keeps saying "an error occured attempting to play media."
    Hmm....
    10-09-09 12:58 PM
    I set it to Internet Explorer any time I need to stream a lot of data.

That doesn't guarantee service though...it's still alpha, and even beta is a testing phase.

10-09-09 01:05 PM
    What browser ID are you using?
    Mine keeps saying "an error occured attempting to play media."
    Hmm....
    I am using the regular default browser on my blackberry , i have gotten that error a few times but after a few tries it played , just now same results but after 2 tries it works for me .
    10-09-09 01:05 PM
    Here we go.....

Granted, it loses a little bit of res when you view it a bigger than the BB screen....

Last edited by jlb21; 10-09-09 at 01:17 PM.
    10-09-09 01:09 PM
    i hope they have english speaking channels but looks good
    10-09-09 01:10 PM
    I am using the regular default browser on my blackberry , i have gotten that error a few times but after a few tries it played , just now same results but after 2 tries it works for me .
    I know what you mean - that's how it usually is with YouTube.
    But for this site, no matter how many times I re-try, it just won't ever play.
    10-09-09 01:17 PM
    At one point I got that error too.....I did a QP and then went back and all was well......

10-09-09 01:20 PM
    i hope they have english speaking channels but looks good
    VuiVision is American Network TV... so yeah, it's english.
    10-09-09 01:21 PM
    At one point I got that error too.....I did a QP and then went back and all was well......

Damn, so what am I doing wrong? I did a QuickPull too, and no change. Tried both browser ID settings (Blackberry, IE). No luck.
    I've never had an issue streaming video before. Works fine on youtube.
    10-09-09 01:23 PM
    I mentioned it before, I would love to have BBC America.

What would be neat is once they get the main feeds working solidly and are slowly coming out of Beta.....Perhaps they could have a poll of other Networks that we would like to see. Of course, probably would have to be something that is available OTA in order to stay legit. Something that is cable only probably can't be broadcast this way without the expressed written consent of major league baseball and the commissioner's office........oooops....sorry.....had a Gaffigan moment there...... hooooooot pocket.
    10-09-09 01:24 PM
    First - No MSNBC = FAIL. Please consider adding as part of your launch line-up, assuming you get passed #2.

Second - How are you getting around the very strict 're-broadcast' rules of each of the networks? Please tell me you did not buy a bunch of TV tuners, install one per server and set them each to a specific channel (think ORB networks people). Please tell all of us you have a license to re-broadcast. Otherwise this is like buying a satellite dish and charging admission to a pay per view event, or me charging people to access my ORB site to watch tv, just on a much bigger scale.
    10-09-09 01:27 PM
    Huzzzzahhhhhhh!!!!!

Just caught everyone's favorite private d ick on Bonnie Hunt's show!!!!
    10-09-09 01:32 PM
    So the site says they are doing a "hi res" feed of NBC now.

Here's a screengrab of that.

Personally, I think the sweet spot probably is somewhere between what they were using for Medium and what they are using for this High feed.

I really did not find the image that much better, if at all (and yes, I know it is material dependent too).

More importantly, I found the A/V to be off by about 1.5 seconds.

MOST importantly, I like that these guys are really working overtime to get through alpha and head towards beta/live.....
    10-09-09 02:27 PM
    Another great day here at Hang 10 Technologies thanks to visitors from Crackberry.com.

We just concluded testing two new streams, med and hi resolution.

I thought I would explain what each one is and how it will apply to the future.

Medium resolution is a feed that has slightly higher bandwidth requirements than the low feed but gives a much higher lines per inch resolution. This bandwidth is specifically for a high end mobile device that has adequate, but not excellant, signal.

High Resolution is for high activity video and is meant to be outputed to a larger device, like a TV. This is nearly standard definition and is designed to use the video out jack that will be standard on most phones next year. Viewed on a smaller screen there is very little difference between med and hi resolutions. High resolution will not be offered for some time.

Thank you all for stopping by and please continue to do so as we test and launch new products and features.

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang 10 Technologies
    Last edited by Hang10Technologies; 10-09-09 at 03:00 PM.
    10-09-09 02:43 PM
    Any Storm owners out there, who have gotten this to work?
    Is it a specific OS issue? I'm on 151 and getting the "error - can not play media" error.
    10-09-09 03:18 PM
    I finally got it to work!
    Looks like the 107th try was the charm! lol
    10-09-09 03:25 PM
    Dan Gallic.....

Any chance you guys can get a Fox feed up and running for the ALCS and/or World Series........
    10-09-09 03:38 PM
322 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD