02-26-13 01:22 PM
322 12345 ...
tools
    This is great! Being the TVaholic that I am ...... Love the comment NOT IPHONE COMPATABLE ...... Poor soles ....... I would definitely pay a buck a month for this ..... what will the high res be per month (I know it's been asked already)

Thanks for this
    10-08-09 09:52 AM
    Cant get it to work on Verizon Tour. Says "an error has occured attempting to play media"
    Yeah I couldnt for a while but it did work the last time I tried(8330). Think its back down now looked like none of the channels were broadcasting again so I am sure they will get it all fixed before long though they was just mobbed by all those from CB, LoL.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 10-08-09 at 11:36 AM.
    10-08-09 10:04 AM
    Here is the latest from Hang10

"Real-time broadcast to cell phones worldwide"
    VUIVISIONalpha

What would like like to watch today?
    (Live video loads in about 15 seconds)

Congrats to CrackBerry.com!
    You crashed our servers.
    Our limited service has crashed.
    Please check back later.
    This is an alpha site and you should
    expect that service will be spotty
    until we enter beta testing which is
    schedule to start November 1st.

LIVE TV
    NOT Broadcasting
    Low Res

LIVE TV
    NOT Broadcasting
    Low Res

LIVE TV
    NOT Broadcasting
    Low Res

Sport Channel demo
    Sport Channel 2 demo
    10-08-09 10:39 AM
    This reminds me a little of that Monty Python movie when they sack those responsible for the credits, then they sack those who sacked the others.

We crashed the whole service, then they got a channel back up and we crashed that too! LOL This is actually quite good for them, they can load test see what and where things are failing and then hopefully get it all optimized in time for a beta launch as they hope on nov 1.

My guess is that it will all stay free until they get it right and come out of beta. If they stay true to their words and only charge 1 dollar a month, it will be well worth it.
    10-08-09 10:49 AM
    The problem is they're going to have a hard time getting up and running for any amount of time without finding high end limits of users.

My suggestion would be to do like all the other alpha tests. Give access to a handful, then a few more and so forth and so on to see what they need. Otherwise it's gonna crash like Wiley Coyote on his way back from Acme falling off a cliff....but thats just the roadrunners opinion..i mean, my opinion.
    10-08-09 10:52 AM
    ....... Perhaps we can even talk them in to contacting sitesupport(at)crackberry.com about a launch contest, and maybe some free subscriptions or whatever else they want to give away. (Probably they have already done that)
    .....My guess is that it will all stay free until they get it right and come out of beta. If they stay true to their words and only charge 1 dollar a month, it will be well worth it.
    FTW!!!!!!!

Of course, once they do get it "straightened out", I would love to have them look at having more than one feed for each network. I am thinking "football" and would like to be able to watch the Patriots if I were travelling with my BB without access to my home TiVo. Since the only feeds at this point appear to come from one market (CBS feed is definitely not WBZ in Boston), I would be out of luck if the Pats were not playing the market team of the feed being used..... I don't want to pay for a Slingbox.

But, alas, this little app is looking really good, and I can't wait to see where it goes......
    Last edited by jlb21; 10-08-09 at 10:58 AM.
    10-08-09 10:54 AM
    The problem is they're going to have a hard time getting up and running for any amount of time without finding high end limits of users.

My suggestion would be to do like all the other alpha tests. Give access to a handful, then a few more and so forth and so on to see what they need. Otherwise it's gonna crash like Wiley Coyote on his way back from Acme falling off a cliff....but thats just the roadrunners opinion..i mean, my opinion.
    It's actually been out in alpha for a while now, it got posted on the CB blog today hence the sudden influx. Clearly they need more server capacity before they go to beta. I have no doubt they will get it together within a few days.
    10-08-09 11:50 AM
    I would definitely pay for this service if it will work on my Bold on AT&T. AT&T has a knack for blocking things.
    10-08-09 12:42 PM
    Hmmm. Not sure what AT&T blocks. However... For a dollar, I would subscribe. I wouldn't be to picky either. All I need is one or two shows and that would merit consideration. Good luck to them. I'm crossing my fingers. :y

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 01:19 PM
    Looks interesting and will definately revisit site once it's up and running again.
    10-08-09 01:39 PM
    Subscribing to this thread and the service when they launch!
    10-08-09 01:52 PM
    does anyone know who runs this site??
    10-08-09 02:06 PM
    Thank you CrackBerry visitors for crashing servers for our live TV alpha service, VuiVision, this morning.

The level of this mornings activity reminds me of a quote from the modern bard, Justin Timberlake, “Every relationship I've been in, I've overwhelmed the girl. They just can't handle all the love.”

We obviously had a hard time handling all the love we received from Crackberry users this morning.

I apologize that each of you did not receive perfect delivery but I am reminded that growing pains mean that we are growing, which is always a good thing.

We are creating greater capacity and the service will be back up shortly and, hopefully, will be able to handle the incredible response we have experienced over the last 12 hours.

I have read on these forums, and have received a number of emails requesting to be an authorized beta-test user for our services. I think this is a great idea and hope to have the sign up process on our website shortly.

Please remember that we are not at the end of our alpha phase of testing and that many many months of testing has already been completed on this system. It is NOT flawless, and thus the designation ALPHA. Please understand this as the service remains unreliable in the short term but when we do go to BETA it will be reliable.

We plan on creating a beta-site by November 1st. This will allow us to create a platform that is resilient and scalable to service millions of viewers.

Please be patient while we grow, I assure you that it will be worth the wait.

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang 10 Technologies
    www<dot>Hang10Tech<dot>com
    10-08-09 02:40 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to start this on the Tour yet?
    10-08-09 03:17 PM
    I tried it on my VZW 8330 and the media player opened up and said it was an incompatible format. Has anyone gotten this to work on an 8330?
    I just got the same message. I have an 8830WE with Verizon.
    10-08-09 03:32 PM
    Guys: read your TOS's - I have a feeling that the CEOs of our carriers are seeing all the bandwidth spikes and seeing dollar signs with the amount of fees that could get tacked on because of this. Unless something has changed, and we can stream media, iand someone can convince me as such, I will not be using this.

10-08-09 03:43 PM
    Try setting your browser identification to Internet Explorer.

BB Menu > Options > Browser Configuration
    10-08-09 04:13 PM
    Sounds great, Subscribing!
    10-08-09 05:55 PM
    T-mobile TOS as it relates to this:

Does not appear to limit streaming except from web cams, or using it to stream live broadcasts TO the internet.

Just don't go over 10gb in a month and it shouldn't be an issue. I stream music all the time so this won't be too big of a change.

1. Permissible and Prohibited Uses

Your Data Plan is intended for Web browsing, messaging, and similar activities on your device and not on any other equipment. Unless explicitly permitted by your Data Plan, other uses, including for example, tethering your device to a personal computer or other hardware, are not permitted.

Examples of prohibited uses include but are not limited to: (a) server devices or host computer applications, including continuous Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing applications that are broadcast to multiple servers or recipients, “bots” or similar routines that could disrupt net user groups or email use by others or other applications that denigrate network capacity or functionality; (b) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections; (c) any activity that adversely affects the ability of other users or systems to use either T-Mobile’s services or the network-based resources of others, including the generation or dissemination of viruses, malware or “denial of service” attacks; (d) accessing, or attempting to access without authority, the information, accounts or devices of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, T-Mobile’s or another entity’s network or systems; or (e) running software or other devices that maintain continuously active Internet connections when a computer’s connection would otherwise be idle, or “keep alive” functions. For example, you cannot use a Data Plan for Web broadcasting, or for the operation of servers, telemetry devices and/or supervisory control and data acquisition devices.

2. Protective Measures

To provide a good experience for the majority of our customers and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we may take measures including temporarily reducing data throughput for a subset of customers who use a disproportionate amount of bandwidth; if your total usage exceeds 10GB (amount is subject to change; please periodically check T-Mobile.com for updates) during a billing cycle, we may reduce your data speed for the remainder of that billing cycle. We may also suspend, terminate, or restrict your data session, Plan, or service if you use your Data Plan in a manner that interferes with other customers’ service, our ability to allocate network capacity among customers, or that otherwise may degrade service quality for other customers.
    10-08-09 06:24 PM
    Great site have been waiting for something like this for a while. Would be most willing to be a beta tester for this as well. Great Job! BTW $1.00 a month is way worth this convienence.
    10-08-09 06:57 PM
    Just wanted to put in my two cents as well. This site is pretty cool and if you don't go over 10gb per month you will be fine. I think I read somewhere from verizon that 10 gb would be equal to streaming music or another media 5 days in a row for ten hours straight. I did notice though that when I played the tv from this site that it is on east coast scheduling, which kinda stinks if you are on the west coast, which I am. Can anyone else comment on this?
    10-08-09 07:17 PM
    Just watched the office while backed into a dock 2 states away from home. Will definitely be subscribing when they launch.

10-08-09 08:40 PM
    So I guess the Unlimited Data plan is really not unlimited.....interesting.
    10-08-09 09:50 PM
    Two of the feeds working again this morning.

I would like to put my vote in now for a slightly higher bitrate for improved quality. Of course, I would rather they use the bandwidth for more offerings (channels, east/west coast feeds/etc...).
    10-09-09 06:46 AM
    Just a quick note that, in response to comments on these forums, we have included an alpha-testing application on our website.

Anyone interested should immediately go to VuiVision<dot>com and sign up. We will only be accepting a limited number into the program.

Thank you for all your interest,

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang10 Technologies
    10-09-09 07:18 AM
322 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD