Just requested my refund too...disappointed. I dropped my tv service several months ago and was using Vuivision when I needed that tv fix...if a small company can do something like this why cannot some provider offer the same type of streaming?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's what i was using it for. i dropped Direct TV and just have that free converter box. Got 5 stations and they always pixelate. Pretty lame.

i liked this service to watch The Amazing Race and a few others. Too bad.

12-14-09 02:22 PM
    Did get my refund w/i 5 minutes. But in the same boat...no ota channels are available here not even one.

12-14-09 02:29 PM
    Funny...a bit ago I succumbed to temptation and signed up for a trial, saw that A/V is still out of sync, and decided it still wasn't worth the annual fee.

12-18-09 02:34 AM
    here is another option, its no HBO but better than nothing.

Download Trial � SPB TV � BlackBerry Software � SPB Software
    12-19-09 11:54 AM
    heh... nice app, but the stream is glitchy and the stations are all over the map. If I spoke french and arabic I might dig it
    12-19-09 12:10 PM
    Yeah this could be a good service. And i understand them wanting some return for it. It costs money to retransmit that you know...they probably figured since they were only showing OTA transmissions that wasn't an issue. Frankly I don't think the networks should be that upset about it...but I guess it is technically against the law. Even though those are broadcasted over spectrum owned by the people...
    12-19-09 12:45 PM
    Just tried spb...blah...a lot of channels I'd never watch and living in a 1x town...vuivision loaded faster.

12-19-09 02:30 PM
    i'm still trying to find a working link to watch the NASA channel. If i could get that and CBS i'd be happy.

To those that didn't bail- is VuiVision back up?

12-19-09 03:07 PM
    I guess the question I have is, do ViuVision have rights to transmit/distribute these channels?

All it would take is one network/station to file a suit against them and the entire website could go under quickly (if they don't have the proper distributino licenses).
    I was okay with this service until I read that they offered NBC - at which point I sent off an email to legal to see if this was authorized. I only sent this email about 5 minutes ago, at which point I found out they've been shut down. There is no way any of the top networks would authorize this small start up to re-broadcast their service, for a fee on top of that.
    12-19-09 03:24 PM
    vuivision.com seems to be semi back up .. they have like 3 working channels up right now.. but no cbs/fox/abc/nbc at moment.. says they are still working on the "upgrade" (LOL)
    Last edited by Murphy8276; 12-22-09 at 03:31 AM.
    12-22-09 01:02 AM
    yeah those are a few small indie channels. Not really the same draw as the major networks.
    12-22-09 06:37 AM
    According to their tweet this morning they have worked things out. Wonder how long it will be? I sure hope they give previous customers discounts....

VuiVision

Yesterday VuiVision settled with ABC, CBS and Fox. Hopefully this will create an atmosphere of working together to distribute their content.
    12-22-09 07:46 AM
    answered my own question, this was from their site

Yesterday, final papers were filed to settle the legal action brought by ABC, CBS and Fox. In those documents we adamently defend our position that consumers have a right to view content they receive at home, throught our service, without having to pay extremely high start-up or high subscription costs associated with delivering that content.

We are hopeful that the major broadcasters will see our service as a way to massively increase their revenue since VuiVision can be viewed anywhere in the world, not just in the United States.

Our updated delivery system should be in place by the second week in January that will allow a smoother viewing experience for cell phone viewers and will also introduce VuiVision to the iPhone.

We expect to announce HUGE news the first week in January pertaining to our content.
    12-22-09 07:54 AM
    I'll sign back up if this is settled. Would love the discounted price again, but I did drop out so...

12-22-09 07:58 AM
    Wow.
    I wounder how VuiVision is pulling this off
    12-22-09 12:40 PM
    given their crappy 1995-looking web site, I can't imagine vuivision has much money, so quite honestly I don't know how they'd pull it off. I'll check the federal electronic filing site in the next couple of days to see if the parties have dismissed their actions.
    12-22-09 12:49 PM
    Crappy?!
    Nah I'd consider it Vintage / Old School / Retro..........

12-22-09 12:59 PM
    ie crappy

10char
    12-22-09 01:05 PM
    vuivision.com seems to be semi back up .. they have like 3 working channels up right now.. but no cbs/fox/abc/nbc at moment.. says they are still working on the "upgrade" (LOL)
    It's a nice idea but not ready for prime time. I honestly don't understand why people would want to watch TV on their BlackBerrys anyway. It would seem to completely ruin your eyes.
    12-22-09 01:13 PM
    Anybody get a reply since the Dec shutdown? I did not know about what was going on in Dec, now I am stuck w/ a $15 subscription to awful channels. I sent them a message, but no reply.
    05-27-10 05:34 PM
    Ejcrossl... I recently canceled my subscription for that reason. I got a full refund but not sure if they are still offering that. I didn't delete the app and can still get on the site. I sent several emails asking about the crappy channels and if/when the original channels I subscribed to watch would be back. I never got a reply. I would recommend you cancel also if they still offer the refund before they completely go under and you are out your money.
    05-28-10 01:13 AM
    This is awesome! It took like ten seconds to open but then was really great. The website says it is low resolution. I thought the picture was OK but I wonder what hi resolution would look like!

The site is: VuiVision.com
    02-26-13 01:22 PM
322 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD