I thought Eastern time zone, but I'm also in the Eastern time zone and the shows don't match up with what I am seeing on my tv. So I am thinking it might not be Eastern at all.

its eastern time zone, looks like it is NYC, NY or the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT)
    11-08-09 03:15 PM
    So there's no way now to try it and see if it works on my phone? I need to pay $1.99 just to see if it will even work? Lame.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 03:24 PM
    Thanks to all the Blackberry and Crackberry.com users who have frequented VuiVision.com over the last four weeks.

As you can imagine, when we first posted our alpha site to load test our servers we never expected the response that we received.

It was overwhelming and we tried, to the best of our ability, to reconfigure and grow to meet the massive and growing demand.

Each day since the initial post on this thread, our web traffic has grown, but so has our costs. To meet the demand of our viewers during the World Series required a massive increase in costs. Costs that were too much to cover under an "advertising-only" business model.

Servers are expensive, bandwidth is even more expensive. After looking at several business models, and examining what has worked in the past and failed, it was obvious that we had to embrace the subscription model.

We believe that we offer a valuable service to many, that valuable service is expensive to deliver. At $2.99/month, for both low and medium bandwidth video streams, it seems reasonable. We thought about lower pricing but we could not make the numbers work. We also thought about higher pricing but I am against that because I love "inexpensive" stuff, as I'm sure most of you do too.

Think about it for a moment, a cup of coffee at starbucks is $2.99. A donut and a coffee at D&D is $2.99.

The freedom to take programming with you anywhere in the world has got to be worth $2.99/mo.

We are working with content providers and distributors to enhance our line up and expect to have several more channels to offer shortly.

Also, we are running a very short promotion for those of you who were with us since day one - if you sign up today you will receive VuiVision for $1.99/mo or $14.99/year - almost 33% off our regular price. We are also working on some promotions with Crackberry.com to offer special pricing. When those are available I'll let you know.

Thanks to all of you at Crackberry.com.

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang 10 Technologies
    VuiVision.com
    Just signed up for 1.99 deal

Now how about the Fox News channel ,are you working on adding to channel line-up?

Edit:
    Noticed post #15 that Fox News channel is in the works.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-08-09 at 04:34 PM.
    11-08-09 03:55 PM
    Is this really that new? the mobile networks this side of the pond have been doing live streaming for a few years
    Do the mobile networks on "this side of the pound" as you call it have FOX , NBC ,CBS & ABC ?
    I didn't think so.

Props to VuiVision for providing key networks
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-08-09 at 04:27 PM.
    11-08-09 04:21 PM
    Why? We all pay enough for our phone plans! Let's start offering stuff for FREE! C'MON already...ha ha

I was really enjoying it. Now I'm let down by a fee!

***Shaking My Head***.

Oh well, no more television until something else comes out. Cheers.

***Walking away with my head Down***
    11-08-09 04:30 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    If you jump on 1.99 promotion deal it cost 50 cent a week lol
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-08-09 at 04:43 PM.
    11-08-09 04:37 PM
    Thanks for the info and thank you for the link!
    11-08-09 05:31 PM
    i'm tempted! i wonder how long that promo price will last?

11-08-09 05:36 PM
    Guys: read your TOS's - I have a feeling that the CEOs of our carriers are seeing all the bandwidth spikes and seeing dollar signs with the amount of fees that could get tacked on because of this. Unless something has changed, and we can stream media, iand someone can convince me as such, I will not be using this.

i was wondering this as well. However, since VZW pushes Slacker to our phones i'm assuming streaming isn't a problem.

11-08-09 05:45 PM
    Sprint has its own TV service (but it's not live, thus the appeal of VuiVision) so bandwidth isn't really a problem there either.
    11-08-09 06:09 PM
    i was wondering this as well. However, since VZW pushes Slacker to our phones i'm assuming streaming isn't a problem.

Good question? I would like to know as well! Maybe I'll reconsider purchasing the app.
    11-08-09 06:10 PM
    Im thinking 1.99 price sticks due to reoccurring charge paypal

Edit :
    Just checked price should hold for at least a year
    Last edited by Slingbox; 11-08-09 at 06:50 PM.
    11-08-09 06:41 PM
    Thanks for the info! Can you pay for the year up front? Or month to month only?

11-08-09 06:46 PM
    Thanks for the info! Can you pay for the year up front? Or month to month only?

You can go with $14.99 USD for each year or the 1.99 a month.
    Big savings in 14.99 deal ,I may end up changing to that
    11-08-09 06:52 PM
    I'm already a subscriber! Look at it this way verizon charges 10 per month for vcast which is on demand video. This is live channels and major channels. More channels are in the works PBS and Fox News for sure. Also would be nice if they could get espn.

I would not be surprised if they soon have a contest for CB members and some free subs.

11-08-09 07:00 PM
    Are you people really complaining about 1.99? You gotta be kidding me. How much did you pay for data 5yrs ago and how realiable was it? 1.99 is a joke...
    11-08-09 07:15 PM
    Are you people really complaining about 1.99? You gotta be kidding me. How much did you pay for data 5yrs ago and how realiable was it? 1.99 is a joke...
    Listen my man, I rather spend my 15 bucks somewhere else. It's not like I watch TV all the time. My schedule is full as it is. I was liking the fact that I can check once in a while to see what's playing or catch a game.

By the way, 1.99 is not a joke, it's a "Dollar Amount". Joke would be something like this:

A guy comes in to a bar and orders a double whiskey. He drinks it and looks in his pocket. Then he orders another one, drinks it and looks in his pocket again.
    This is repeated a dozen times before the bartender asks him what he is doing.
    He replies, "In my pocket I have a picture of my wife. When she gets good looking, I quit drinking..."

Brought to you by; Free Jokes of the Day Clean Funny Jokes via Email, Humor and Entertainment
    11-08-09 07:46 PM
    Complaining? No. Expressing my opinion that it's not quite "right" to charge for beta? Yes.

I didn't have a smart phone with data 5 years ago so I have no idea how reliable it was. I do know that Sprint TV is included with my plan so paying anything for a service that's still beta isn't necessary or worthwhile.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 11-08-09 at 07:50 PM.
    11-08-09 07:47 PM
    Not going to use it if I can't try it before I buy. Just doesn't make sense to sign into a monthly charge and then hate the service. Have a trial period or at least an information page. The only link on the page is to subscribe!! Boo

11-08-09 08:37 PM
    By the way, 1.99 is not a joke, it's a "Dollar Amount". Joke would be something like this:

A guy comes in to a bar and orders a double whiskey. He drinks it and looks in his pocket. Then he orders another one, drinks it and looks in his pocket again.
    This is repeated a dozen times before the bartender asks him what he is doing.
    He replies, "In my pocket I have a picture of my wife. When she gets good looking, I quit drinking..."
    Now that's a good joke, I also agree, for free that app is pretty nice, but I typically don't have the time to sit and watch TV on my Blackberry. Really makes it not worth even 1.99.
    11-08-09 09:01 PM

Verizon allows streaming audio and video as per their Terms of Service.

Data Plans and Features: Permitted Uses. You can use our Data Plans and Features for accessing the Internet and for such uses as: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) e-mail; (iii) intranet access (including accessing corporate intranets, e-mail and individual productivity applications made available by your company); (iv) uploading, downloading and streaming of audio, video and games; and (v) Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
    11-08-09 09:10 PM
    I signed up just so I can watch 1 tv show I like. To me, the $1.99 a month is worth it.
    11-08-09 10:29 PM
    Keep in mind it's only labeled "beta"... there's really no change since the "alpha" version. They just want to be able to charge.

Whoever decides to pay now, let me know when there's no audio lag on the medium-quality channels, and let me know when they get more channels. It might be worth a couple bucks then. If they can get cable channels like A&E, Discovery, etc. (I don't know how they could) then I'd pay.
    11-08-09 10:41 PM
    the website os very vague about what they offer for the money and how they can broadcast this legally for profit. Makes me wary that they may vanish one day with my cc number.
    11-08-09 10:50 PM
    Yes it is. Not all of the channels but many are if you have Sprint TV Xtra.
    Which ones are live??
    11-09-09 01:25 AM
322 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD