It's alpha, which is pre-beta. Even beta is a testing phase. Expect it to be off more than on at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 09:27 PM
    Just tried this on my Tour, I'm watching the Falcons Bears game right now. A little choppy, but it is pretty cool.
    10-18-09 09:54 PM
    Anyone have any idea why it wasn't allowing me to play. my media kept saying error. I've been able to log on (rarely, well acquainted with the "invalid email" message) but after selecting Fox or any other channel, it wouldn't allow me to play it. I tried it earlier while trying to watch the Giants game (madd as he ll) and I just tried again but I got the invalid email. Now i know it's in alpha right now but I wonder if that explains the error in playing through my media?
    10-18-09 10:08 PM
    Try clearing your browser cache and cookies.

10-18-09 10:28 PM
    Works fine on my Tour.
    10-19-09 03:29 AM
    Works fine on my 8230 flip! Has a delay between picture and audio of about a second but good for live streaming I guess

10-19-09 06:25 AM
    Or you can get sprint and get Sprint TV it works alot better and you can subscribe to basically any major channel there is!
    10-19-09 07:24 AM
    Worked on my 8330 this weekend but now that I'm at work and could actually put this to use, it's not working. : (
    10-19-09 07:37 AM
    Here's hoping that they use the "higher" resolution feed they tested a bit back. I tried watching a football game while at an antiques show yesterday and it was kind of hard to watch. The combination of the res and the screen size made it hard to see any of the numbers (score, down and YTG, etc....)
    10-19-09 08:01 AM
    @Ckeith210 sprint has poor coverage in my home area so I doubt even the tv working cause calls drop and sprint phones say searching for service a lot

10-19-09 11:20 AM
    So there's a note up on the site now about going to the $1.99 per month as of November 1.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the service and $1.99 is not a lot. However, I will not sign up with them currently using the lower resolution feeds. The quality of the video and a/v being off is enough to take me out of the viewing experience.....

Here's hoping they experiment further with the higher res feeds.

10-23-09 10:59 AM
    I was one who said he'd pay $5 or $10 a month for this service, but I agree with you jlb. I won't pay even $1.99 for the lowest quality. It's not really viewable, IMHO.

It would also have to be high resolution and relatively smooth to warrant the $10 each month. $5 for medium with more channels, $10 for high with the same. $2 for ~4 channels on low resolution? No thanks. I'd just as soon not have it.

I also don't think it's right to charge for beta.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 10-23-09 at 11:09 AM.
    10-23-09 11:05 AM
    Agreed. Thank you for saying it that way.....
    10-23-09 11:20 AM
    I guess another way to note my feelings......

If and when Flash comes to the BB, and Hulu works (assuming there are no Canadian IP issues), Vuivision will have very limited use for me.

But, high(er) res might mean more.......still, I doubt I could get the cost, albeit "low", past the WAF.
    10-23-09 11:53 AM
    I guess another way to note my feelings......

If and when Flash comes to the BB, and Hulu works (assuming there are no Canadian IP issues), Vuivision will have very limited use for me.
    Hulu's going to start charging next year anyway so there's no way BB's will have flash before this happens.
    10-24-09 12:45 AM
    Hulu's going to start charging next year anyway so there's no way BB's will have flash before this happens.
    I have found nothing but 5 month old blogs quoting some things the incoming CEO said about POSSIBLY charging SOMETIME in the future.

I have yet to read a legitimate article stating that hulu is definitely going to be charging in 2010.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 10-24-09 at 01:34 AM.
    10-24-09 01:31 AM
    I am receiving the stream with my TOUR with no problem. Not bad for low def.
    10-24-09 05:36 PM
    I don't expect my TOUR's battery will last long, watching streaming TV. It doesn't last long under regular usage.
    10-24-09 05:40 PM
    No offense but you must have extremely poor search skills then. See here for tons of articles from many legit sites.

Hulu - Google News
    I have excellent search skills, thanks.

Again, those articles are rumor, suspicion, and speculation. There's nothing solid. IE nothing from the horse's mouth saying "On XX day in Y month of 2010, subscription fees will be such and such."

So far it's "hulu can't survive unless they start charging" and "hulu needs to charge more for commercials" or "I'm the new CEO of NBC and I think we SHOULD start charging for hulu" etc etc etc.

Just because you found articles about Hulu charging doesn't mean you're reading and understand the content of those articles.

Show me an announcement from NBC and/or Hulu itself saying what the fees are and when they begin.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 10-24-09 at 06:25 PM.
    10-24-09 06:19 PM
    hulu isnt so special anyway.

all it does it take shows who one nbc.com abc.com fox.com etc already have a view full episodes and display them in one combined area.

to be honest there is still 100s of shows u cannot even find on hulu.com .. or atleast until weeks after the show has aired.. u might find a clip.. because show doesnt agree with releasing an internet copy.

to be honest sites like Watch Series Online Free (CHECK IT OUT if u havent.. every show.. linked by members few hrs after live air) are way more useful imo albeit they are also not following rules. i personally do not care as we all have downloaded a torrent or music file/ copied a friends cd/ watched a movie online/ etc etc etc.. heck we are here downloading unreleased versions of OS 5.0 everyday. even after rim actively shuts down megaupoad after megaupload we continue to re-list the upload time and time again.

-murph
    10-25-09 10:05 AM
    Have you actually READ any of them?
    Have you?

I'll quote one for you:

Hulu: Yes, It’ll Cost, But Not The Way You Think
    Hulu: Yes, It’ll Cost, But Not The Way You Think

10/24/2009
    Contrary to the frenzied reports this week, Hulu, the NBC/Fox/Disney-owned Web TV site, will not charge for all of its content.
    That's according to a long-time tech journalist. Peter Kafka points out that while Hulu is trying to devise a premium-pay tier, it will keep streaming first-run shows such as The Office, some cable TV shows and some movies for free. It’s the content Hulu doesn’t yet offer that will incur a fee, Kafka says.
    Kafka says he’s puzzled over why comments from a News Corp. (Fox’s parent) executive “got folks worked up” this week. Hulu will maintain its “catch-up viewing” role, he says, and a pay component will “mollify those who fear the site is cannibalizing their existing businesses.”
    All in all, as long as we can continue to watch Michael Scott's antics for free, we're cool.

5 Ways I'd Pay for Hulu - PC World
    5 Ways I'd Pay for Hulu

Jeff Bertolucci, PC World
    Oct 23, 2009 5:58 pm
    It looks like video-streaming site Hulu may start charging its viewers next year. The dire news arrived via News Corp. executive Chase Carey, who made the suggestion this week at Broadcast & Cable's OnScreen Media Summit in New York.
    As we all know, Hulu is a great place to watch network TV shows for free. Well, sort of free, actually, since viewers are forced to watch commercials — you can't fast-forward past them — during the shows. That's a fair price to pay, one that mimics the decades-only broadcast TV model. Unfortunately, Hulu isn't turning much of a profit these days, and its owners — News Corp., NBC Universal, Walt Disney Co. and Providence Equity Partners — want viewers to pay up.
    There's little doubt that Hulu will evolve into some sort of fee-based service, but what's the right approach? Putting up a pay wall overnight would be a disaster; nearly all of today's Hulu viewers would walk away, never to return.

"It looks like hulu may" does not equal "hulu will"
    "Chase Carey made the suggestion" does not equal "Chase Carey has said fees WILL be charged"

In other words, it's status quo for hulu as we know it - according to that first article on billingworld.com
    Last edited by dchawk81; 10-25-09 at 04:35 PM.
    10-25-09 04:20 PM
    BTW my attitude doesn't stink. I just like to see evidence.

So far all I see is "hey we might charge next year and at this point it looks like it's going to be only for certain stuff."

Personally I don't care. I like hulu but I can do without it just the same. Heck if the fees are reasonable I might even fork over some dough for it.
    10-25-09 04:32 PM
    comcast will be streaming live cable channels via the sprint network in 2010

allegedly
    10-25-09 08:22 PM
    To ceo of this company: keep it up, looks great. Don't mind the jerks on this site, the public is a *****. Looking forward to the beta release.

10-25-09 08:32 PM
    great feature
    10-25-09 10:30 PM
322 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD