There is a website that began streaming live TV to your phone. Last I checked there are only 2 channels live but they are still testing. Sometimes they have 6 channels sometimes 2. I think the plan is to get up to 10 channels going. Check it out at vuivision.com on your phone. It works really nicely on the Storm with the big screen.
    10-07-09 08:07 AM
    This is awesome! It took like ten seconds to open but then was really great. The website says it is low resolution. I thought the picture was OK but I wonder what hi resolution would look like!

The site is: VuiVision.com
    10-07-09 08:21 AM
    This is really cool. It's also REALLY loud. I'm excited to see what comes of this.
    10-07-09 08:26 AM
    They were streaming in higher resolution earlier, but it keeps changing. I think they are still testing but it has worked for me. I got to watch the Giants while at work...very very cool
    10-07-09 08:51 AM
    I find it a little strange that thetvdude only has 2 posts and they are both in this thread.....
    10-07-09 08:55 AM
    Can't play either of the network feeds or the sport channel demo feeds on my VZW Tour.

For all I get the following message:

Content Not Available. Server is blocked or unresponsive.
    But the Tour is not listed at: Mobile device properties on thousands of phones | Handset Detection

Thus maybe it won't work in the Tour, at least for now.
    Last edited by jlb21; 10-07-09 at 09:44 AM.
    10-07-09 09:41 AM
    Agreed.
    Anyone with really powerful virus protection care to check this out and see what is it about?
    10-07-09 09:44 AM
    Um, since this is streaming media, wouldn't this be against some carrier's TOS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 09:56 AM
    I find it a little strange that thetvdude only has 2 posts and they are both in this thread.....
    I'm not trying to hide anything. I have read postings on crackberry frequently cause I work for a wireless carrier, but I was introduced to this in one of my stores and thought it was worth putting out there. As is obvious by my name, I had only the intention to put this out there...
    10-07-09 10:00 AM
    Can't play either of the network feeds or the sport channel demo feeds on my VZW Tour.

For all I get the following message:

But the Tour is not listed at: Mobile device properties on thousands of phones | Handset Detection

Thus maybe it won't work in the Tour, at least for now.
    Getting the same here and I am on WiFi so maybe they are still working on it. Looks promising.

Julian
    10-07-09 10:07 AM
    To all:

I am the CEO of Hang 10 Technologies the owner of the alpha site: VuiVision<dot>com

I was alerted to this thread from one of my employees and want to respond to the questions posed.

1. What we offer is legal.
    2. This is an alpha site and, as such, our service will go up and down as we test different streams to optimize the viewing experience. Please check back regularly to see improvements.
    3. We plan on launching the beta site Nov 1st with seven channels. At this point the service is free but we expect to ultimately make this a subscription service.
    4. There are no viruses in these feeds, and there never will be, since the feeds are encrypted and encoded on our own proprietary hardware/software.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have but please be patient as we are very busy and we don't have a chance to check these forums on a regular basis.

You may also use the "Contact Us" button on VuiVision.com to get a more personalized answer to your question.

Thank you trying VuiVision

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang10Technologies
    www<dot>Hang10Tech<dot>com
    10-07-09 10:18 AM
    I must be missing something here, what is the website address.

oops, I see it now. lol
    Last edited by tmp3150; 10-07-09 at 01:14 PM.
    10-07-09 10:21 AM
    To all:

I am the CEO of Hang 10 Technologies the owner of the alpha site: VuiVision<dot>com

I was alerted to this thread from one of my employees and want to respond to the questions posed.

2. This is an alpha site and, as such, our service will go up and down as we test different streams to optimize the viewing experience. Please check back regularly to see improvements.
    3. We plan on launching the beta site Nov 1st with seven channels. At this point the service is free but we expect to ultimately make this a subscription service.
    4. There are no viruses in these feeds, and there never will be, since the feeds are encrypted and encoded on our own proprietary hardware/software.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have but please be patient as we are very busy and we don't have a chance to check these forums on a regular basis.

You may also use the "Contact Us" button on VuiVision.com to get a more personalized answer to your question.

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang10Technologies
    Will this work on the TOUR?
    Do you have an estimated price for future subscription plans?
    Do you plan to offer Fox?
    Do you plan to develop an app or simply have it mobile web based?
    10-07-09 10:24 AM
    To all:

Dan Gallic, CEO
    Hang10Technologies
    Here's my question:

If your site is 'legal', what are you doing in terms of those carriers (VZW, for example) that have a clause in their TOS regarding streaming media?

I guess the better thing is: describe how your site is legal - if I use your service, am I going to get charged some ridiculous amount by my carrier because of constant data usage?

10-07-09 10:30 AM
    This service will be web based so that it will serve as many mobile devices as possible without the complexities of individual apps but we do expect to introduce an AJAX type video delivery method that will allow phone to mimic FLASH without using flash. The difference here would be the "J" in AJAX would stand for Java not Javascript.

This works on the Tour.

We plan to offer ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, FoxNews, CNBC and CNN

Currently we are planning to charge $1/month for low resolution channels.
    10-07-09 10:31 AM
    Adding to my list
    10-07-09 10:33 AM
    Interesting. I'd pay a buck for those networks, as long as they're complete and not stripped down to clips and previews/specials like most of Sprint TV's basic service.

10-07-09 10:41 AM
    On my TOUR right now, I'm watching The Price is Right on CBS. This is really cool!! Even the low res feed looks great! Not a single skip or buffer. I am definitely keeping this in my bookmarks and will continue to follow this site. This could be really awesome!

EDIT: Using my Bolt Browser to access site. It's full blown tv with commercials. I feel like I am at home.
    Last edited by tucg15; 10-07-09 at 10:43 AM.
    10-07-09 10:41 AM
    Working on my Tour now too.

Dan Gallic.....a few possible suggestions (knowing they may not fit into your model):

1) Would love it if you could offer streams from other markets. Would be great to be able to watch my local news. Also, would love to be able to watch my favorite teams play if they are not the featured game on the stations/market you are streaming.

2) What about having some of us be active participants in your alpha/beta? Perhaps a select few could then have a lifetime sub for being part of your testing crew.

3) Sign me up for 2.

Looking forward to seeing where all of this goes......
    10-07-09 11:14 AM
    It's a great site. I'd bay $1/month for sure!
    10-07-09 11:25 AM
    Awesome, dont care if its legal just keep it coming! thanks
    10-07-09 11:27 AM
    Works on my Storm. Pretty cool. Oddly, the buttons for NBC and CBS seem to be switched. I get CBS when clicking NBC and vice versa. I'm interested in seeing what happens with this app in the future.
    10-07-09 11:45 AM
    This isn't working on my Storm.
    10-07-09 12:42 PM
    Fantastic app and it works on my storm. I'd pay to use this.
    10-07-09 01:04 PM
    Oh wow, it works now. I guess it was down for a bit. This is great.
    10-07-09 01:19 PM
322 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD