Does anyone know how to turn off the lil blue f at the top of the blackberry indicating you have new messages?
    06-06-09 02:55 PM
    Check your messages and log off.
    06-06-09 03:04 PM
    Check your messages and log off.
    LOL

...or you can uninstall the app and just check the mobile website. but i like david's idea better
    06-06-09 10:43 PM
    Thats what I have done with the Myspace app...I stay logged out until I wanna check it..The notifications get on my nerves but I still like having the mobile access..go figure lol
    06-06-09 10:45 PM
    Does anyone know how to turn off the lil blue f at the top of the blackberry indicating you have new messages?
    It goes off because your Facebook options are set to notify you of certain events/friend requests and so on. If you log onto your Facebook on a PC, go into your settings and go to notifications tab. Then you can select which things you want to be notified of or you can chose to deselect all of them.

If you still want the notifications on your PC or web view but not on your berry, I believe you can change the email associated with the account so that it stops coming to the berry. Not sure if this still works with the new updates though.

Good Luck!
    06-07-09 01:28 PM
    While all of these answers are correct, I'm hoping someone knows how to simply turn off the indicator that lets you know how many new notifications you have, permanently, without checking each new notification every time.

Unlike everyone else, I think I have FB for BB working just fine, with this one caveat. Seeing the little "f" icon and the red star on the FB app logo's driving me nuts!
    04-09-10 09:53 PM
    You used to be able to turn off notifications by opening the Facebook app on your phone and then pushing the Blackberry key and going to options. Under options there is a box to check for notifications. This USED to correct the problem, but a few days ago I received a prompt that there was a new version of the Facebook app and ever since I updated it the notifications have been coming through even though the notifications box is unchecked. It's also alerting me w/ sound and red flashing light. It's totally annoying because it's waking me up in the middle of the night now. I think next I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the FB app unless anyone else has any other valid suggestions....?
    07-27-11 04:20 PM
    You used to be able to turn off notifications by opening the Facebook app on your phone and then pushing the Blackberry key and going to options. Under options there is a box to check for notifications. This USED to correct the problem, but a few days ago I received a prompt that there was a new version of the Facebook app and ever since I updated it the notifications have been coming through even though the notifications box is unchecked. It's also alerting me w/ sound and red flashing light. It's totally annoying because it's waking me up in the middle of the night now. I think next I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the FB app unless anyone else has any other valid suggestions....?
    I am in the same exact same boat as you. Everything works fine except the Facebook Icon appears in the home screen. Its probably a bug as it seems like putting a checkmark for "notifications" in the options area does not work.

i dunno?
    07-28-11 12:38 PM
    I finally figured out how to turn off the sound associated with notifications, but every time I get a notification pushed to the phone, my entire phone freezes for about 30 seconds.

Installing 2.0 was a nightmare of freezes and reboots. I'm really annoyed with this update. :/
    07-28-11 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD