I have seen on TV where there is a app on the iphone where they turn off the lights at there house when there away from home. Is there a app that i can down load on my BB to that ? thanks
    02-28-10 08:37 PM
    wouldn't we all.
    02-28-10 08:40 PM
    So how does the I phone do it ?
    02-28-10 08:42 PM
    Complement your Schlage LiNK system with this iPhone application that allows you to remotely monitor your doors and grant entry to your home from anywhere in the world. Additionally control other Z-Wave devices directly or through

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/schla...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

The minor downside of this fantastical concept, is that your iPhone must be paired with a specific Z-Wave home automation module which requires a $12.99 monthly service plan and purchasing the Schlage LiNK Starter Kit for $299. That's just for starters.

If that speed bump doesn't slow you down, then you may be in for a seriously geeky treat. The idea of controlling key functions at home from your phone while on the road would even manage to get a young geek in training highly stimulated.
    Want to turn off your lights from anywhere? Yep, there's an app for that.
    02-28-10 08:46 PM
    I think this is what you might be referring to for the iPhone: Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. HomeWorks

It is not a software only solution, it also requires hardware attached to the lights.
    02-28-10 08:47 PM
    There's a BB app too...

Schlage LiNK

We just gave 1 away not too long ago....

http://crackberry.com/contest-show-y...-3-months-free
    02-28-10 08:48 PM
    thanks looked at the website and i guess you do have to buy the system from them for it to work.the tv add for i phone makes it look like anyone could just have that app and turn the lights off. they forgot to tell you have to buy all that stuff for it to work !
    02-28-10 08:56 PM
    How could that possibly work as an application on your phone only? Obviously you need hardware and software on the receiving side.
    02-28-10 09:43 PM
    It makes me sad that advertising can be THIS effective. I mean, if iphone commercials said they could bring people back from the dead, no strings attached, would people believe that too?
    02-28-10 09:55 PM
    It makes me sad that advertising can be THIS effective. I mean, if iphone commercials said they could bring people back from the dead, no strings attached, would people believe that too?
    Wasn't Steve Jobs dead for a few months last year??
    02-28-10 10:07 PM
    i gotta admit...i gotta give credit to appple. one thing that apple do well is those gimicky commercials which the dumb mass fall for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vincentnyc; 02-28-10 at 11:55 PM.
    02-28-10 10:52 PM
    Schlage link works equally well from a BB. Actually I think it works from most cell phones.
    02-28-10 11:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD