I received Storm 2 (9550) for the testing yesterday and even though running the latest OS it performs not quite as good as Bold 9000 running 4.6. It wouldn't play any Windows Media streams with default settings, and when I turned on ASF padding and set buffer to 30 seconds it plays some of them and fails for others.
    I have been having issues with a station since the first beta "TalkSports (UK)".

I have finally been able to listen to it with ASF padding and a buffer of 60 seconds (didn't work with 30s).
    10-11-10 04:19 PM
    I have been having issues with a station since the first beta "TalkSports (UK)".

I have finally been able to listen to it with ASF padding and a buffer of 60 seconds (didn't work with 30s).
    BBC Radio 1 is now working for me.

I was going to buy this APP now it is a must have - Great job!
    10-11-10 04:21 PM
    I haven't changed any settings on this version, nor did I on .7.7. As stated earlier, I'm at work so there is no Wifi connection. I hope the screenies help

Last edited by Iluvbb; 10-11-10 at 04:25 PM.
    10-11-10 04:22 PM
    I haven't changed any settings on this version, nor did I on .7.7. As stated earlier, I'm at work so there is no Wifi connection. I hope the screenies help
    Good screenshots, thanks. Please try 0.8.3, it should help. If it doesn't please send me the log -- it'll make much easier for me to understand what is the problem exactly.

The only noticeable difference in 0.8.3 is that by default it disables compression of data while communicating with the server (all versions before 0.7.1 didn't support compression). If you don't experience "Reload screen" problem you'd probably want to enable "Compress server responses" back in settings to make browsing the app faster.
    10-11-10 06:42 PM
    Did anyone add any of the Goom Radio stations on this app? This is the main reason why I can't wait for an opportunity to use this app.
    10-11-10 07:53 PM
    It's working fine here. Some stations say no stream available, but most work perfect.
    10-11-10 10:36 PM
    v0.8.3 is working perfectly for me (9700 .979).

Even with WiFi set as preferred "Connection Type" (and it being disabled via Manage Connections) the app comes up immediately with "No internet connection" and "Reload the screen". I am then able to go into Settings and change the "Connection Type".

Many thanks for adding the duration time within the podcasts.
    10-12-10 03:37 AM
    hi, it would be great to try this on the 9800 Torch on Rogers 3G network! 6.0.0.242

let me know when you're public - sounds exciting!
    10-13-10 07:22 PM
    .8.3 working for me now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 09:19 PM
    Alex thank you for allowing me to test your wonderful app, I thoroughly enjoyed the version that was working for me. I know longer have my BB, so I wanted to let you know in case you wanted to fill my testing spot. My Captivate will be arriving in a matter of minutes, and TuneIn will definitely be one of my first downloads
    10-14-10 12:24 PM
    Alex thank you for allowing me to test your wonderful app, I thoroughly enjoyed the version that was working for me. I know longer have my BB, so I wanted to let you know in case you wanted to fill my testing spot. My Captivate will be arriving in a matter of minutes, and TuneIn will definitely be one of my first downloads
    If you do need to fill the spot Alex, I'm ready!!
    10-14-10 01:09 PM
    i'll test it

i have a storm 9530... OS 5.0.0.328
    10-14-10 03:09 PM
    Hi Alex,
    Just trying out .90. It seems on podcasts the pause is not working properly. It pauses but when you start again it buffers, stops than starts from the beginning. Pause was working on the last version.
    Also anyway to get a time bar to fast forward please.
    Great app
    Thank you
    Last edited by redman8; 10-14-10 at 03:31 PM.
    10-14-10 03:28 PM
    Just trying out .90. It seems on podcasts the pause is not working properly. It pauses but when you start again it buffers, stops than starts from the beginning. Pause was working on the last version.
    Also anyway to get a time bar to fast forward please.
    The pause on podcasts works for me. It may restart in the case starting from the desired position failed for some reason. If you tell me which podcast has the problem I'll check it.

Time bar is planned so it'll be there is future releases.

I've spent most of my time struggling to make Storm2 work just a bit better with Windows Media streams. Looks like there is some hardwired issue with its media processor, so I close to giving up (the current version is as good as it'll be -- part of Windows Media streams don't work, others work but require "Storm2 compatibility mode" turned on -- right, it's renamed ASF Padding -- and buffer time set to "Automatic")
    10-14-10 05:01 PM
    Thanks a lot for your help! It's good to hear that even though leaving BB you are staying with TuneIn app
    10-14-10 05:04 PM
    It seems to happen on all podcasts
    I have a bold 9650
    I did try the storm2 setting but it was the same
    Thank you
    10-14-10 05:56 PM
    It seems to happen on all podcasts
    I have a bold 9650
    I did try the storm2 setting but it was the same
    Thank you
    Storm2 remark was unrelated to your question just tired man rant, sorry for confusion. No much changed in podcasts playback between 0.8.3 and 0.9. I tried to roll back some changes so you may try to re-download 0.9 to see if there is any difference. If it still doesn't work, please send the log. In the new version you can send it right from settings by clicking on the link with log file name. Thanks!
    10-14-10 06:01 PM
    Just wanted to give an update.
    8.3 has been working great for me
    and haven't ran into any problems so far.
    See you came out with .9, will download that
    and see how it goes.
    Thanks again for all your hard work on this great program.
    10-14-10 06:33 PM
    That fixed it
    Thank you
    10-14-10 06:52 PM
    Awesome app. Working great on my torch and keeping a solid connection.

Great work Alex!

10-14-10 08:23 PM
    Bout to download .9 - sorry I haven't left many comments, but I haven't really run into any problems lately so... there ya go
    10-14-10 09:31 PM
    Like the fact that you've added the bitrate and file format for the radio stations... Will there be a future feature to switch between differing bitrates? Just curious - not a necessity.

A small thing that has been bugging me is that if I search for a radio station/podcast and click on one. Once I exit back, from station/podcast, the search results are not displayed any longer. Not an issue just a small annoyance.

[...]
    Thanks again for all your hard work on this great program.
    +1
    10-15-10 02:33 AM
    So when I first launched .9, it told me there was an update. When I clicked update, it sent me to a 404 error.
    i created a radiotime acct and they synced without a hitch

10-15-10 02:50 AM
    So when I first launched .9, it told me there was an update. When I clicked update, it sent me to a 404 error.
    Yeah, we have been testing updates notification but there is no real update yet.
    10-15-10 05:52 AM
    Like the fact that you've added the bitrate and file format for the radio stations... Will there be a future feature to switch between differing bitrates? Just curious - not a necessity.
    Yes I plan to add that.

A small thing that has been bugging me is that if I search for a radio station/podcast and click on one. Once I exit back, from station/podcast, the search results are not displayed any longer. Not an issue just a small annoyance.
    Hmm... this doesn't happen to me. If I select something from search results and then go back the results are still there until I press Esc button again.
    10-15-10 05:56 AM
1,007 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD