02-24-12 09:47 AM
1,007 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Absoluely the best app out there. It is great!
    11-12-10 09:09 AM
    Attention podcasts listeners, here is the good news for you. The newest beta (v 1.4 build 103) adds much anticipated seek bar to podcasts... It works well on 9000 but I'm wondering if it's comfortable using trackpad...
    It is comfortable for me.

That's what I meant. Rename Exit TuneIn Radio menu option to just Close and put it last on the list.

Also, I don't want to set the option in the settings because I want the app to go to the background when I hit End key rather exit. It's standard practice that End key doesn't close apps on BB but rather puts them in the background kind of like a minimize. Normally you either need to keep hitting Back button to back out of apps completely or simply hit Menu/Close to close the app.

This is why I think the Exit option on the menu should just say Close and be the last on the menu. Pretty much all BB apps are like this and it's clean looking and consistent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I totally agree (I really hate that Pandora and Slacker can't figure this stuff out).

Also, I want to use headphones, but TuneIn doesn't switch the audio over to headphones when I plug them in and there isn't an option to change it. I would also like to switch the audio to the handset rather than speaker for even quieter listening without using headphones.
    11-12-10 09:22 AM
    DLing build 103 right now.....
    11-12-10 10:10 AM
    It is comfortable for me.

I totally agree (I really hate that Pandora and Slacker can't figure this stuff out).

Also, I want to use headphones, but TuneIn doesn't switch the audio over to headphones when I plug them in and there isn't an option to change it. I would also like to switch the audio to the handset rather than speaker for even quieter listening without using headphones.
    I always wondered why the stock BB Media Player had this option in there? I guess to me it seems almost pointless to listen to music like that, but whatever.

Also, Alex tried to do the auto-switching, but I think he ran into issues... don't know why because the stock Media Player can do it without any problems.
    11-12-10 11:10 AM
    Normally the system manages audio routes and on both devices I have plugging in the headphones directs sound to them and unplugging returns it back to the speaker without any intervention from the app. Additionally when you have headphones plugged in, the menu on Now playing screen will include options to switch sound to the alt output (either Headset or Speaker depending on what's active currently).

It doesn't have option to switch to the handset because I thought it was useless.
    11-12-10 11:14 AM
    Updated to the last beta. Seeking in podcasts is working very well. This app is losing on to the perfect radio app pretty quickly. Thanks.

11-13-10 12:02 AM
    Excellent application! I have been looking for a "real" radio application for a long time, and this appears to be it.

Earlier today I sent in a report regarding one of my local stations, that it was not working - "streaming error". I then came on here and found the latest beta version (1.4) which I loaded, and I am happy to report that the station is now working perfectly!

Thank you.
    11-13-10 01:01 PM
    My favorite app, thank you!!!

Tune into cerritos allstars for live mixshows!!!!
    11-14-10 09:21 PM
    Version 1.4 is public now (the same exact build as the latest beta posted here). Release notes:

- Fixed playback issue in 8330 and simplified networking code
    - Added option to switch audio output between speaker, headset or bluetooth headset (available on now playing screen when playback is active and you have a headset connected)
    - Cancel loading of additional stream urls for a station once one of them starts to play
    - Seek bar for podcasts
    - Fixed logo display for podcasts (incorrectly sized image was used previously)
    - Fixed menu not working while the stream buffers (bug was only present in build 102)
    - Moved "Exit" menu item to show at the bottom of menu
    11-15-10 07:32 AM
    Normally the system manages audio routes and on both devices I have plugging in the headphones directs sound to them and unplugging returns it back to the speaker without any intervention from the app. Additionally when you have headphones plugged in, the menu on Now playing screen will include options to switch sound to the alt output (either Headset or Speaker depending on what's active currently).

It doesn't have option to switch to the handset because I thought it was useless.
    I noticed over the weekend that the station I tried to use headphones on was a windows media stream. I tried it on another non-windows media stream and it worked properly.

The only time I use the handset to listen to audio is at home late at night and all is quiet but I don't want the discomfort of headphones especially when laying in bed. The speakerphone volume at 5% is still too loud during this time (of course 0% is too quiet).
    11-15-10 07:40 AM
    Can we input URLs manually for podcasts? I use PodTrapper for podcasts but I was wondering if you were thinking about adding this feature.......
    11-15-10 08:02 AM
    +1 with bamakid366
    I also listen late at night but the 5 volume setting is too loud.
    11-15-10 08:50 AM
    Folks,

Some of those WMS that don't work on our CDMA BBs, DO work for me while connected via wifi, so if folks REALLY need to listen this is a way you can do it, in some cases. Fortunately most stations DO work for me either way, but it's nice to know that the of the few WMS ones on the list, some WILL work via wifi.
    11-15-10 08:56 AM
    +1 with bamakid366
    Gotcha, will add it.
    By the way I tried setting volume below 5% for 9000 and 9550 and it had the same effect as 0%. Apparently BB uses 5% step to manage volume internally. Before bamakid366 posted his comment I didn't realize a solution could be to switch to the handset.
    11-15-10 09:14 AM
    +1 with bamakid366
    Is there a way to have this go off in a timed manner if one wanted to fall asleep to it(other than having the phone scheduled to turned off)? If not, that would be a cool addition feature. (I'm just being greedy now. Best looking and working app on my BB.)
    Last edited by stardomains; 11-15-10 at 09:43 AM.
    11-15-10 09:28 AM
    No but that would be a nice feature.

11-15-10 10:50 PM
    I don't get it... Why is there an option to customize "Close" in settings? All that controls is how the app behaves when you keep hitting ESC/Back button. It seems redundant to me to have options in there to make it send the app to background or not fully exit if playing. Am I the only one who picks something to play and hits End to push the app to the background and then work in something else or just flip to another app via long-hold Menu to bring up the app ribbon? Why have those options there? Seems the app should just exit when someone backs all the way out of it via ESC/Back or by hitting Menu/Exit. If they want to push it to background they just hit End. What's so hard about that?

11-17-10 12:06 AM
    Seems the app should just exit when someone backs all the way out of it via ESC/Back or by hitting Menu/Exit. If they want to push it to background they just hit End. What's so hard about that?
    Standard media player behavior when you press Esc all the way up is to exit if nothing is playing and go to the background otherwise. This is the default behavior in TuneIn as well. Some people wanted it like you described -- always exit under this scenario. I'm all for flexibility thus I added that option with default which works the best for the most users (at least I think so).
    11-17-10 05:09 AM
    Thank you for this app! It's my 2nd favorite app. It does alot of what the Wonder Radio app does for free, or at least the features I remembered when I tried that one a few years ago
    What could possibly be your first!?

11-17-10 10:14 AM
    This is really turning into a great app Alex. I gotta tell ya, this thing has solved my probs of not being able to stream via the stock Media Player because RIM keeps breaking the damn codec or stream/port support regardless of how many reports people file for them to go by and fix stuff.

I think the only thing possibly missing is the ability to put in your own static stream locations. Other then that, I'd say concentrate on streamlining the radio code as much as possible to improve battery life if possible, but all else pretty much blows all the other stream apps out of the water as far as I'm concerned. And trust me, pleasing me is no small feat. Keep the Electronic streams coming!!!

BTW, the [DI] streams pretty much all want to pause and break up from time to time, but I think I remember them being crappy when I streamed them on other platforms as well. No big deal, just figured I'd mention it.

11-19-10 12:20 AM
    This is my favorite app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-19-10 07:47 AM
    This is really turning into a great app Alex. I gotta tell ya, this thing has solved my probs of not being able to stream via the stock Media Player because RIM keeps breaking the damn codec or stream/port support regardless of how many reports people file for them to go by and fix stuff.

I think the only thing possibly missing is the ability to put in your own static stream locations. Other then that, I'd say concentrate on streamlining the radio code as much as possible to improve battery life if possible, but all else pretty much blows all the other stream apps out of the water as far as I'm concerned. And trust me, pleasing me is no small feat. Keep the Electronic streams coming!!!

BTW, the [DI] streams pretty much all want to pause and break up from time to time, but I think I remember them being crappy when I streamed them on other platforms as well. No big deal, just figured I'd mention it.

If you go to the Radio Time websight, you can add streams to your presets, it`s a great companion to the berry app.
    11-19-10 11:45 AM
    If you go to the Radio Time websight, you can add streams to your presets, it`s a great companion to the berry app.
    Only one problem... I don't want to setup an account and manage them that way. It would be nice to have a static config file the app could use on the BB to configure the streams, but I honestly can't think of any streams I'd want that I can't already find on the app as it is.
    11-19-10 11:52 PM

Well said civic and again, this app is amazing and always impresses me on the new updates.

Great job and much appreciated, Alex!

Thnx, •Tripster•

11-20-10 08:13 PM
    Only one problem... I don't want to setup an account and manage them that way. It would be nice to have a static config file the app could use on the BB to configure the streams, but I honestly can't think of any streams I'd want that I can't already find on the app as it is.
    I agree it makes sense to have the function to add custom URL built into the program not only because it'll be more accessible but also because I'll be able to immediately validate/test the URL added to confirm that it'll work on your particular phone.
    11-21-10 06:00 PM
1,007 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD