02-24-12 09:47 AM
1,007 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I just tried again, now WVNN works on 9000. On Storm2 first time I got the same "Media unloaded while initializing" error and second time it worked. The error is from the phone media processor, I receive it pretty often on Storm2. Unfortunately I don't know what it means. Generally it appears that Windows Media playback implementation on CDMA blackberries is very buggy -- I spent great deal of time trying to make it work reliably on my Storm2 without much success, while the same code works perfectly on GSM devices and all emulators.
    Now I am getting a "Media format error" message

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 07:23 AM
    Do you have any audio alert, when the mail comes in? If yes, then it explains interruption in radio playback. See this explanation from RIM Playing audio in an application pauses the Media a... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Yes I do. Thanks for explaining it to me.
    11-01-10 08:12 AM
    I only found 2 of the 3 station and could not get them to work on my CDMA 9650.
    11-01-10 08:22 AM
    I did try the Storm 2 settings and auto on the buffer, but still no wma on my 9650 with Sprint running .983.
    I've never tried these on Wunder Radio, now I'm curious, I'll play with it abit and see what we get.

11-01-10 09:22 AM
    After playing with different combination of settings I finally have been able to get WWTN 99.7 to play but the volume doesn't change. The display shows the percentage changing but it doesn't affect the actual volume. BTW I am using an 8530 Curve and the stream is windows media of 48kbs.
    11-01-10 09:51 AM
    All these are Windows Media streams. Do they work for you using any other app (Wunderradio maybe)?

WZYP and WUMP work fine (albeit slow connection warning) here on Bold 9000, WVNN gives server error (and doesn't work on station website either).

Try to turn on "Storm2/Torch mode" and buffer size to Automatic in Settings to see if it helps.

Also maybe someone else here with 9650 or other CDMA Blackberry could try these to confirm whether issue is model- or CDMA-specific.

Thanks
    They do not work for me either, and I tried also in WunderRadio. I suspect it, IS what you say, the issue with Win Media and CDMA BBs and/or specifically the 9650. Different BBs support different protocols, and support some better than others. In the video world for example some BBs choke on some of the video codecs they are supposed to support.

I don't think this one is Alex's fault folks!
    11-01-10 10:17 AM
    WZYP worked once for me but with the same volume issue I already posted. All subsequent attempts to get WZYP to play shows that it is playing but with no audio (could be the volume thing again)
    11-01-10 10:53 AM
    WZYP worked once for me but with the same volume issue I already posted. All subsequent attempts to get WZYP to play shows that it is playing but with no audio (could be the volume thing again)
    It's a weird system bug (happens to me on CDMA Storm2 with but never on GSM Bold 9000). I haven't been able to find a work around yet (and have no confidence it's fixable on my end at all). I did found a method to kick it from silent to full volume state though. When it plays but no sound is heard if I start voice dialer app the playback stops. Then when I start the stream after that -- it plays at full volume. Volume control doesn't work in either case. Interestingly that only happens to some Windows Media streams. Some other play fine (and volume control works), and some just won't start.
    11-01-10 11:01 AM
    Um, just FYI, but people with high version 5.x.x.9xx builds are reporting media player codec support on Storms. That might be a good indicator that the same high 5.x builds on other CDMA BBs probably have the same BS code in them messing things up. In fact, there seems to be quite a bit of either broken code or changed code in the high 5.x builds (some that even breaks OpenGL support). Something to consider being the possible cause of problems if you're on such a build nd having issues playing certain stations. Just FYI, but once I went to a .7xx+ build on my Storm, even native Media Player streams of some stations via MP3 playlists no longer work when they used to before without issues in .5xx or ealier verisons of the OS.

Keep all of this in mind when testing this app.
    11-01-10 10:28 PM
    1.3 is released now and available from main download page at Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry

For those who wants to be on the bleeding edge on TuneIn there is 1.3 beta at Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry
    Changes log
    • Fixes crash / deadlock when using Esc before the navigation page is loaded. Now if you escape while it loads, it'll simply return to the previous page.
    • Moved UI-related settings to a separate page and added a few new options there
    • (optional) Header bar, which displays battery, time, network used and signal level
    • Show Windows Media compartibility warning on Now playing screen on all CDMA phones not just Storm2
    • Use yellow ">>" marker instead of green for stations, which are potentially incompatible (= Windows Media-only stations on CDMA)
    • Fixed player bar "breathing" while Now playing screen loads
    • Fixed forced re-connect when cellular network changes even though WiFi is used
    Last edited by alex.gavrilov; 11-03-10 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Updated to reflect changes in final 1.3
    11-02-10 11:15 AM
    [*](optional) Header bar, which displays battery, time, network used and signal level
    I like this added option. I did notice it doesn't show the battery charging though - just a minor observation.
    11-02-10 11:36 AM
    I like this added option. I did notice it doesn't show the battery charging though - just a minor observation.
    Oooh, I like the sound of that too. DLing 1.3 right now......
    11-02-10 11:45 AM
    Nice added features Alex! I especially like the network indicator.
    11-02-10 02:19 PM
    For those who wants to be on the bleeding edge on TuneIn there is 1.3 beta at Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry

Changes log
    • Fixes crash / deadlock when using Esc before the navigation page is loaded. Now if you escape while it loads, it'll simply return to the previous page.
    • Moved UI-related settings to a separate page and added a few new options there
    • (optional) Header bar, which displays battery, time, network used and signal level
    • Show Windows Media compartibility warning on Now playing screen on all CDMA phones not just Storm2
    • Use yellow ">>" marker instead of green for stations, which are potentially incompatible (= Windows Media-only stations on CDMA)
    Just want to make sure that spelling mistake is not made on the error message as well. It's compatibility.
    11-02-10 05:03 PM
    Just want to make sure that spelling mistake is not made on the error message as well. It's compatibility.
    Oops I just checked and it's spelled correctly in the program. Thanks!
    11-02-10 05:33 PM
    I just installed 1.3 beta and it is running like a champ! I love how fast the streams load now, and I also love the banner info. Thank you!!
    11-02-10 05:39 PM
    I've been a radiotime user on my PC from way back when it was a paid subscription - long before it switched to the redbutton software. Back then you had to buy an annual subscription rather than a onetime fee for the software.

It works great on the pc. I've been searching for something similar - mostly for talk radio and sports. Most other apps focus either on music or limit their offerings to specific stations (iheart and flycast). Many of the stations I like to listen to aren't on those systems.

Hopefully the BB version will work as well the PC version.
    11-02-10 06:03 PM
    My favorite app hands down. I live in TX but am a Lakers fan. I don't have to miss games that aren't televised here anymore. Its fun to look around and see what all goes on the radio in other places as well.

11-02-10 09:51 PM
    I just installed 1.3 beta and it is running like a champ! I love how fast the streams load now, and I also love the banner info. Thank you!!
    Yeah. I agree. Good job, Alex.
    11-02-10 10:15 PM
    This app is amazing! Thank you for all your hard work on it!

I do have one feature request though. Is there any way you could add an option to direct the audio output to bluetooth? I use bluetooth headphones while running and would love to listen to the radio at the same time as a change of pace from my own music collection.

Fyi - bold 9700; os 5.0.0.351

Thanks!

11-03-10 06:23 AM
    This app is amazing! Thank you for all your hard work on it!

I do have one feature request though. Is there any way you could add an option to direct the audio output to bluetooth? I use bluetooth headphones while running and would love to listen to the radio at the same time as a change of pace from my own music collection.

Fyi - bold 9700; os 5.0.0.351

Thanks!

It should work for you. I listen to mine through the blackberry bluetooth gateway everyday.

I had one instance where the audio would not go through, but a battery pull solved that problem - might try that.
    Last edited by zee921; 11-03-10 at 10:01 AM.
    11-03-10 08:08 AM
    yeah...i use to to listen thru my car stereo via bluetooth. this is my favorite app by far. i have it on my itouch as well. the red button option is amazing.
    11-03-10 08:13 AM
    It should work for you. I listen to mine through the blackberry bluetooth gateway everyday.

I had one instance where the audio would not go through, but a battery pull solved that problem - night try that.
    I'll try a battery pull later tonight, but I know I have tried once before and it didn't work. Some other media players have settings options that force the audio to go to one place or another, and I find that helpful as my experience with bluetooth audio seems to be hit or miss (not just with this app).
    11-03-10 08:52 AM
    you have created an awesome app. runs like a champ on my bold running the 0s6 leak. was wondering if you take requests for stations. if you do theres a radio station from jamaica pondends.com it has a mobile stream but the new webkit browser no longer plays .pls streams. if you dont still a great app which i'll continue to use. keep up the great work
    11-03-10 10:08 AM
    yeah...i use to to listen thru my car stereo via bluetooth. this is my favorite app by far. i have it on my itouch as well. the red button option is amazing.
    What is the "red button option" you were referring to?
    11-03-10 11:11 AM
1,007 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD