02-24-12 09:47 AM
1,007 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    OK downloaded v1.1 and so far seems to working good.
    Tomorrow when I'm on the road will be the real test,
    for this is when I use it the most.
    Thanks for all your hard work on this Alex!
    10-27-10 08:31 PM
    Please only e-mail the log in case of an error. My old Bold 9000 running 4.6 gets 11 hours of radio playback at decent volume (when I don't run other apps on it). 9700 should do at least as good.
    Will email shortly with log.

PDM; I don't know the exact time I used the radio for, I'd guesstimate at about 2 hours. It was initially 95% (the battery), when I was done listening, battery level was at 65%. There was some browsing involved during that time.
    10-27-10 08:32 PM
    im getting 14% 15% batt usage an hour, im pleased with it
    10-27-10 11:06 PM
    In some stations it plays for a few seconds then stops with an error (red exclamation mark on top right corner in a triangle).
    Tell me about them. Sometimes it's fixable.

Developer: when do you think a final version will be released to the public?
    It's pretty much released now. I won't call it final until I die :-) but it's generally stable enough. Does anyone know if I can alter the thread title name to remove "private beta" label?
    10-27-10 11:51 PM
    I mod can change it for you just not from his blackberry from his bed, but he will get it in the morning from his work PC unless another mod beat him to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 12:12 AM
    Does anyone know if I can alter the thread title name to remove "private beta" label?
    I mod can change it for you just not from his blackberry from his bed, but he will get it in the morning from his work PC unless another mod beat him to it.
    All set guys
    10-28-10 12:32 AM
    Update: Version 1.1 is public now and available from the main download link at Download TuneIn Radio for Blackberry.

Not much changed on the surface.

Release notes:

- Includes a database of APN settings for nearly any wireless provider and will offer automatic configuration if cellular connection is not setup properly
    - Handles the case when WiFi is present but doesn't work -- will offer to switch to cellular
    - Type to search on the home screen
    - Show volume indicator when the volume is adjusted even if the app is in the background
    - Fixed multiple bugs in stream code preventing some stations from working (including New Flow 93.5 mentioned in this thread, Last.fm Discover (WWFS) and a few others)
    - (hopefully) Fixed occasional deadlock in "Starting.."/"Stopping..." state
    - Don't offer WiFi connection options if devices doesn't have WiFi
    - More verbose cellular data use warning
    - Fixed search would sometimes show results for previous entry (like you were entering "kera" and it shows results for "ker")
    - Fixed Error 401 on certain podcasts when trying to resume playback

Known issues:

- Windows Media streams on Strom2 are unstable -- often stop working and require battery pull to restore
    - Windows Media streams with bit-rate higher than 100k are playing with cracks on 9000. Apparently device media processor can't handle the decoding of these in real time.

Thanks!
    Why was that added? The default Media Player on the phone doesn't do this and doesn't really cause issues. Seems intrusive to me when you're working on something else to have this pop up and get in the way simply because you want to raise or lower the volume. One would think that you don't need a % indicator to show you the volume when you can hear it.

How about an option in Settings to turn this on or off for personal preference?
    10-28-10 07:43 AM
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. I personally think it's quite useful to see the volume level while adjusting. I do plan a separate settings screen for different interface options (like disabling global mapping of volume and mute keys -- in case they conflict with other things on your phone) and will include this one as you suggested.
    10-28-10 12:24 PM
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. I personally think it's quite useful to see the volume level while adjusting.
    +1. No other media application can perform this useful function.
    10-28-10 12:30 PM
    Version 1.1 just turned into 1.2. No differences between two except for a critical bug fixed, which caused the app failure to start when mobile network is disabled
    10-28-10 12:30 PM
    Keep up the good work Alex!
    10-28-10 12:35 PM
    Keep up the good work Alex!
    +1. Seriously. Alex, I could only wish that more app developers for BlackBerry were as dedicated and open to suggestions and comments as you are. It's truly the only way to make an app as perfect as TuneIn Radio. There are few that I have come across who do such a good job with both the coding side and the customer side.

I only wish I could swap some developers of other programs for you, or a clone of you!
    10-28-10 01:00 PM
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. I personally think it's quite useful to see the volume level while adjusting. I do plan a separate settings screen for different interface options (like disabling global mapping of volume and mute keys -- in case they conflict with other things on your phone) and will include this one as you suggested.
    Thanks Alex, do you think you could put in some small code to delete the debug file if the user clears the checkbox under settings? I know, picky, right? Too bad you made this app because I like it a lot... so now you're stuck with me.
    10-28-10 01:16 PM
    [...]
    PDM; I don't know the exact time I used the radio for, I'd guesstimate at about 2 hours. It was initially 95% (the battery), when I was done listening, battery level was at 65%. There was some browsing involved during that time.
    A 15% battery consumption/hour on your 9700 seems really strange. As stated previously I only see a 6-8% battery consumption/hour (with SocialScope, BerryWeather, BerryBuzz and a few other apps running concurrently); with .979. Do you still see this? What is your normal consumption/hour? Is your signal constantly switching between 3G and EDGE? Any other, 9700 users seeing this?

Why was that added? The default Media Player on the phone doesn't do this and doesn't really cause issues. Seems intrusive to me when you're working on something else to have this pop up and get in the way simply because you want to raise or lower the volume. One would think that you don't need a % indicator to show you the volume when you can hear it.

It was initially added as "hibanzai" thought it may have been a potential bug.

Ok encountered a weird problem. When increasing or lowering the volume of the speakers whilst listening to a station, unless I have the intune page I don't see the volume meter on the screen. Can anybody confirm this? Trying lowering and increasing the volume on home screen and menu, and see if you get the volume percentage when a station is playing.
    I was never really concerned. However, found it to be quite useful once added; as others have also commented. Nevertheless, making it a preference within Settings adds to the overall flexibility.

@Alex : I still need to test the "Handles the case when WiFi is present but doesn't work -- will offer to switch to cellular". Many thanks.
    10-28-10 03:38 PM
    I must say this app has pretty comprehensive local radio coverage...Where can I report streams that aren't working? I've found a few that don't work...probably easy to fix.
    10-28-10 04:24 PM
    Where can I report streams that aren't working? I've found a few that don't work...probably easy to fix.
    You can use Report a problem menu command on Now playing screen. That will send a notice about station failure to RadioTime servers and often gives some kind of solution -- different stream to try, another station where the same program airs or just similar stations.

If you suspect you run into a bug please send the log from the Settings screen. Make sure it's turned on, restart the app, try the stations, which don't work, go to settings and click on link with log name. It'll create an e-mail with the log attached directed to RadioTime support. Add my address (my nickname here @gmail.com) to the recipients list and send.
    10-28-10 04:45 PM
    any chance of adding these stations to your list

Vibes FM 93.8fm
    Vibes FM Online

Roots FM 95.4fm
    UKRootsFM

cheers
    Looks like Vibes FM is there (shows up in search and plays) but Roots FM is not. The best way to request stations added is to use feedback form at RadioTime website RadioTime: Contact Us
    10-28-10 05:11 PM
    Version 1.1 just turned into 1.2. No differences between two except for a critical bug fixed, which caused the app failure to start when mobile network is disabled
    Alex, just went to download 1.2 from the link I have
    for 1.1. But it still has 1.1 on the download page.
    Is there a different link?
    10-28-10 06:52 PM
    Try using radiotime.com/bb instead of radiotime.com/bbb
    10-28-10 07:06 PM
    I posted this in the comments of the article on the main page, posting here so hopefully someone sees it.

Using a VZW Tour 9630 here...

As far as the app's interface & features, this is great for a free app. I was able to find all of my local stations with about 2 seconds worth of searching - and the only station I couldn't find listed in with my local stations, I found with another 2 second search using their callsign. Usability is awesome

However, I can unfortunately only get 2 of my local radio stations to play. I've got the buffer time set to "Automatic," don't know anything about if I'm supposed to have the APN settings a certain way or not. On the stations that won't play, I keep getting "Stream Error" and/or "Connection too slow or streaming server overloaded." Not sure why I'm able to get some stations to play and not others...any advice?
    Thanks for any help!
    10-29-10 04:01 AM
    Alex, just went to download 1.2 from the link I have
    for 1.1. But it still has 1.1 on the download page.
    Is there a different link?
    did you go as far as accepting the download, it does say 1.2 at that point and asks if you want to replace 1.1 on your phone. that is how I did it.
    10-29-10 08:15 AM
    As far as battery goes, I get the same thing, about 15 to 18% an hour.
    Thing is that about all I've ever gotten no matter what streaming media app I'm using, be it one of the AirKast apps, Wunder Radio, or Yesterberry.
    This has been the case with both my 8530 and now the 9650, I just figure its normal.........wish it was better but that's life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 08:39 AM
    I still have version 1.0, & love it. But I noticed that what is "streaming" on a particular station bears no resemblance to what is actually ON that station at that particular time! Is there a huge delay involved?
    10-29-10 09:01 AM
    I believe this is always the case with all of these type of applications when buffering is involved. The delay is the time taken to buffer the stream to the device to play. The more buffering needed, the larger the gap between that and the live feed. This is normal.
    10-29-10 09:08 AM
    Thanks Mabrad. This was WAY off what the live broadcast was, but it's better than nothing.
    10-29-10 09:22 AM
1,007 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD