Hey, thanks for letting me know! I'm glad the app is working for you again.

Thanks for all your help Alex, I do believe the problem was with my phone.
    I deleted my presets and all logs/files associated with TI and let my battery die.
    Reinstalled 1.0 and it is working again, it hung up for about 15 seconds like it was doing, but started working again with no further issues.
    10-19-10 07:11 PM
    Now we are open to the public and the permanent app address is:
    http://radiotime.com/blackberry or http://radiotime.com/bb
    You just made my week! I am loving the hockey radio! Thank you so much!!
    10-19-10 09:02 PM
    So TuneWiki streams Shoutcast over BIS, is there any chance that this app will be able to do the same over BIS?

A major advantage of using TuneWiki over TuneIn for me is that I can just hook my phone up in the car via auxillary and listen to Shoutcast while driving to work but with this app I can't..
    10-20-10 12:42 AM
    To those of you who are having trouble with the links:

Make sure javascript is enabled in your browser!

EDIT: this is probably the most well written application for the blackberry I have ever used. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SpiritsFade; 10-20-10 at 12:22 PM.
    10-20-10 03:03 AM
    How does this compare with the WunderRadio app?

I spend a decent amount of money on that and have had mixed results. This looks and works much sleeker on my BB Storm 1
    10-20-10 03:23 PM
    I'm so glad this app is out of beta - I have heard so many good things.

The first thing I've noticed is that immediately after launching the app I have to click on the search bar to start searching. If I just start typing - which I am used to doing now with OS6 - nothing happens. It would be nice if I could just start typing and not have to and not have to click anywhere first.

Amazing app so far! Thank you!
    10-20-10 03:39 PM
    Its sad that clear channel blows and has the rights to iheartradio. I'd kill to have WGST on this application because its perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-10 04:00 PM
    So TuneWiki streams Shoutcast over BIS, is there any chance that this app will be able to do the same over BIS?
    This may answer your question :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/pri...ml#post5645847

A major advantage of using TuneWiki over TuneIn for me is that I can just hook my phone up in the car via auxillary and listen to Shoutcast while driving to work but with this app I can't..
    Have you tried setting your APN settings (if not already set)?
    Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP
    I believe for Vodacom the settings are :
    APN : internet
    no password or username required
    10-20-10 04:55 PM
    I just installed the app, using the link on first post, to a Torch.

It works great. Very fast launch and station lookup, clear sound.

I like it.
    10-20-10 09:32 PM
    A little behind the curve on this one, but already love it...has all the local stations I listen to here...it may replace Nobex has my radio app of choice. Will try out tommorrow
    10-20-10 11:20 PM
    This is a great app. I had read that there was a problem with volume. I'm not seeing that issue on my bold 9650.
    10-20-10 11:42 PM
    Using 9700, great WiFi, good AT&T NW. D/l today, installed, and it always shows TIMEOUT, regardless of reloads of screen. The little wheel goes awhile, then TIMEOUT.

Also, in MENU-SETTING- RADIOTIME ACCOUNT, the little wheel rolls, plenty of WiFi activity, then "ERROR CHECKING ACCOUNT STATUS"

This NEVER worked once. What am I missing?

(Yes, rebooted.)

C-L
    10-21-10 12:04 AM
    So far the app is working great on my 9800 via WiFi. I get an "occasional" timeout when in 3G / EDGE areas. Other than that, App works fine. So far not missing "other" radio apps.
    10-21-10 12:49 AM
    Using 9700, great WiFi, good AT&T NW. D/l today, installed, and it always shows TIMEOUT, regardless of reloads of screen. The little wheel goes awhile, then TIMEOUT.

Also, in MENU-SETTING- RADIOTIME ACCOUNT, the little wheel rolls, plenty of WiFi activity, then "ERROR CHECKING ACCOUNT STATUS"

This NEVER worked once. What am I missing?

(Yes, rebooted.)

C-L
    Please check your phone APN settings, I believe for At&T it should be like this:
    apn: proxy
    user: guest
    password: guest

Also what happens if you try to set Connection to "WiFi only" in TuneIn Settings?
    10-21-10 05:17 AM
    im using torch
    platform 6.4.0.10
    app version 6.0.0.246 (695)

Using both cellular data + wifi but cannot seem to get it to work - "TIMEOUT"
    10-21-10 07:21 AM
    Loving this app on my Bold 9650. I get all stations I normally listen to in the greater Boston/Eastern MA area except for the 1 clear channel station, KISS108.

This, in combination with yourmuze for a few other streams not available on the app and I am golden.
    10-21-10 07:47 AM
    i think im going to love this over nobex since batt life seems awesome, tks for this great app
    10-21-10 08:37 AM
    If you see timeout on both WiFi and cellular you may:

1. Verify that the app has the permissions to access network and WiFi in Options > Applications > TuneIn Radio [menu] -> Edit default permissions
    2. Try to turn off the firewall in Options > Security Options > Firewall

If it still doesn't work please send log from TuneIn settings (link right at the bottom of settings page)
    10-21-10 08:50 AM

1. Verify that the app has the permissions to access network and WiFi in Options > Applications > TuneIn Radio [menu] -> Edit default permissions

If it still doesn't work please send log from TuneIn settings (link right at the bottom of settings page)
    Were you able to find a fix for the log i sent you?thanx
    10-21-10 08:52 AM
    Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any clues. It appears like something is wrong with OS media player, which fails to start playback of windows media streams. Did you try uninstall the app, do the battery pull and reinstall?

Were you able to find a fix for the log i sent you?thanx
    10-21-10 09:27 AM
    This is working just great on my Sprint 9650 using cellular, I'll check out wifi when I get home. I deleted my other radio program thank you!

EDIT: Oops, I just re-started TuneIn Radio and it re-booted my phone. I'll check the permissions when it is up but I'm sure they are all set to Allow

****, just tried it again and it re-booted my phone again
    Last edited by dollface54; 10-21-10 at 09:52 AM.
    10-21-10 09:28 AM
    Do you have to previously have a RadioTime account to use this program successfully? I have not set up an account yet.
    10-21-10 10:04 AM

Done all of the above..
    10-21-10 10:21 AM
    Do you have to previously have a RadioTime account to use this program successfully? I have not set up an account yet.
    No, RadioTime account in not necessary but it's handy if you want to share your presets between PC, Blackberry and other devices, where TuneIn works.
    10-21-10 10:27 AM
    Having an account lets you specify your location so the app doesn't need to use GPS or wifi to find out. I found when I had the GPS setting disabled it just defaulted to Atlanta - perhaps because the cell towers at my apartment don't work for location.

alex, any chance of getting "type to search" - aka not having to click on the search box to start typing?

Thanks!
    10-21-10 10:32 AM
1,007 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD