Alex - when I loaded 1.6 build 113 I believe onto my 9700, a curious thing happened - when powering off, I got a message on my screen saying it would power on at.....(usually about 24 hours later). When I went back to 1.5, this message disappeared! Is there some scheduler built into 1.6 that would have caused this?
    02-07-11 07:43 AM
    Alex - when I loaded 1.6 build 113 I believe onto my 9700, a curious thing happened - when powering off, I got a message on my screen saying it would power on at.....(usually about 24 hours later). When I went back to 1.5, this message disappeared! Is there some scheduler built into 1.6 that would have caused this?
    Yes, 1.6 has alarm function, which uses system scheduler to run the app at a given time. I did notice it seems to schedule itself even when the alarm is off -- will check this.
    02-07-11 07:59 AM
    Thanks Alex - for the record, I did NOT have the alarm set when this was happening.
    02-07-11 08:57 AM
    Yes, I believe it's possible in OS 5.0+. I've added this to my list for future releases, thanks!
    Thanks Alex.
    02-07-11 04:24 PM
    Not sure where I should ask for help, but the Sonic 102.9 stream (from Edmonton, AB) has been down for over a week now. I get "Peer refused connection" as an error message. It seems like several stations that are part of Rogers Broadcasting have gone down (Rock 105.3 from Medicine Hat, AB is another problem stream). Who should I notify to get this fixed? I'm slowly going crazy without this stream working...I'm outside of Edmonton right now and streaming is blocked at work, so having it on my phone was optimal.

Thanks.
    02-07-11 07:01 PM
    Not sure where I should ask for help, but the Sonic 102.9 stream (from Edmonton, AB) has been down for over a week now. I get "Peer refused connection" as an error message. It seems like several stations that are part of Rogers Broadcasting have gone down (Rock 105.3 from Medicine Hat, AB is another problem stream). Who should I notify to get this fixed? I'm slowly going crazy without this stream working...I'm outside of Edmonton right now and streaming is blocked at work, so having it on my phone was optimal.

Thanks.
    Sonic 102.9 worked for me now. It has two streams -- looks like mp3 stream is down, while wma is working.

Rock 105.3 appears down.

Overall it looks like Rogers Broadcasting has pulled all their mp3 streams and only broadcast in rtmp (flash streaming) format, which is not supported by TuneIn Radio on Blackberry.
    02-08-11 08:49 AM
    ......looks like mp3 stream is down, while wma is working. .......
    Is WMA stream compatibility improved with the new Beta? I have yet to load the new beta....and I have a WMA stream or two that I can never get to work. Is it handled better with the new beta?

I usually get the "The Windows Media Stream may be incompatible" message and then "stream error". No biggie. I can go to yourmuze to pick those up, but would love it if I could pull all my streams into TuneIn.

As always, thanks for your continued efforts!!!!!!
    Last edited by jlb21; 02-08-11 at 08:57 AM.
    02-08-11 08:54 AM
    Build 114 of 1.6 beta is available at TuneIn Radio for Blackberry beta download now.

• Don't schedule app start if alarm is off
    • Show a warning is WiFi-only mode is activated but WiFi is not available
    • Option to start the last played station automatically when the app starts
    Guatiao likes this.
    02-08-11 08:56 AM
    Is WMA streaming a new thing for TuneIn? I have a WMA stream or two that I can never get to work. Is it handled better with the new beta?
    WMA streaming works perfectly on GSM devices but on CDMA it's quite unpredictable. Some streams work using "Storm2/Torch compatibility mode" and "Automatic" buffer setting, some don't, and some work but volume control doesn't (playing at either 0 or 100 volume) making them unusable as well. No changes in this lately. We are trying to get to the technical contacts at RIM to see what could be done but it's a slow process and still in a paperwork phase (contracts, NDAs etc).
    02-08-11 09:01 AM
    Ok. Thanks. Will continue to try......
    02-08-11 09:16 AM
    Suggested on another thread, a sleep timer for the app, so you can have music to go to sleep by and then have the app shut down the music after you have fallen asleep. Settings for 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes would be my suggestions, OR if you could only get 1 setting make it 60 minutes.
    02-08-11 09:57 AM
    Suggested on another thread, a sleep timer for the app, so you can have music to go to sleep by and then have the app shut down the music after you have fallen asleep. Settings for 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes would be my suggestions, OR if you could only get 1 setting make it 60 minutes.
    Hey, check out 1.6 -- you've got it there already
    02-08-11 10:09 AM
    Can I just say that this app ROCKS?
    I love the ability to find stations according to the GPS,,,and therefore my local stations pop up, too! Sometimes I have a need for my local, small-town AM radio station news...(mainly cause my elderly Dad is a call-in weatherman for the station) and this app makes it PAINLESS to find the station I need.

Bravo! I have no excuse for not knowing my local weather now....
    02-08-11 10:28 AM
    It totally rocks, JayDee!

Great local use, btw!

For me I have a lot of "novelty" maybe even eclectic tastes in music that you don't generally find on typical mainstream radio stations. TuneIn Radio let's me pull in a number of sources of great music and comes in handy with a line in jack while driving or at work!
    02-08-11 01:19 PM
    Hey, check out 1.6 -- you've got it there already
    I started using the alarm clock feature in 1.6. Nicely done, Alex! No need for the old clock radio. ;-)

I also like being able to copy the song info. Makes for a quick way to share my "listening to" info. But if I want my friends to actually hear what I'm listening to no matter the platform, is there a way you can add a "copy link" to the server:_port, or even directly to the radio station on RadioTime?

or am I asking for a bit much here?

Thanks!
    02-08-11 02:08 PM
    Or a custom "sleep timer"

Also, I think there's a bug in 1.6, I'm pretty sure before if I was on the phone and played a station it would buffer and then stop playing.
    Now ( in 1.6) if on the phone, instead of stopping it buffers, pauses and repeats over and over until you manually stop the stream

Again I'm not sure if its just a fluke or if its a bug

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 02:41 PM
    Build 114 of 1.6 beta is available at TuneIn Radio for Blackberry beta download now.

[*]Don't schedule app start if alarm is off[*]Show a warning is WiFi-only mode is activated but WiFi is not available[*]Option to start the last played station automatically when the app starts
    This is THE defining version of tunein. Alex it just keeps getting better and better thank you!!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SpiritsFade; 02-08-11 at 03:27 PM.
    02-08-11 03:23 PM
    Love the app. I understand that the iPhone app is able to record. Will this feature come to the Blackberry version?
    02-08-11 06:50 PM
    Love the app. I understand that the iPhone app is able to record. Will this feature come to the Blackberry version?
    I'm not a developer, and I could be wrong so Alex can correct me, but I was under the impression that RIM does not allow recording while the speaker/handset is in use for security purposes. I think this is why there are no real-time call recorder applications. It sure would be nice though.
    02-08-11 08:37 PM
    Byfar the BESt RADIO APP!! *********
    02-09-11 10:45 PM
    Love the Sleep and Alarm function! This is one of the best BB Apps!!!
    02-10-11 05:15 AM
    The short answer is yes although it's not the immediate priority. It's still to be defined, what is possible in terms of recording. It won't be too difficult for mp3 streams, less obvious for aac and quite complicated for windows media.
    02-10-11 07:11 AM
    I'm not a developer, and I could be wrong so Alex can correct me, but I was under the impression that RIM does not allow recording while the speaker/handset is in use for security purposes. I think this is why there are no real-time call recorder applications. It sure would be nice though.
    There are indeed some limitations regarding sound recording on BB, however they don't apply to this case. From OS point of view what I need to do to perform recording in TuneIn is not recording at all. It's just saving of data from the internet (with some format conversions) to the SD card.
    02-10-11 07:14 AM
    There are indeed some limitations regarding sound recording on BB, however they don't apply to this case. From OS point of view what I need to do to perform recording in TuneIn is not recording at all. It's just saving of data from the internet (with some format conversions) to the SD card.
    Ahhh. I see. So, I may have been on the right track about recording the actual sound itself via the handset, but it is possible as this method would not be used (not necessary) because you're speaking of basically "intercepting" the data stream itself to be saved, correct? Wicked! Thanks for the clarification.
    02-10-11 09:02 AM
    Great job on TuneIn Radio for the Blackberry. It is one of my most used apps on my Bold 9000 (I'm currently using the latest 1.6 beta build 114).

I've been running into some issues with ogg streams. First, regardless of whether I'm using my 3G connection or wifi, it'll take a good 45-60 seconds before I hear any audio. I've tried messing around with the buffer settings, but they haven't made any difference in this case. These streams range from ~50kbps to ~120kbps. Typically on my 3G connection, a 64kbps mp3 or aac stream would take about 3-5 seconds to start playback, wma is a couple seconds longer.

The other issue I've been having is that the stream will stop playing on song change. Once a song will end, I just get a "buffering" message in the app until I switch stations. The stream plays just fine on other players (on my PC) so the streams themselves appear to be ok.

Are these known issues with ogg playback?

Other than that, this app is amazing. Mp3/aacplus/wma playback has been flawless. Keep up the good work!
    02-10-11 10:28 AM
1,007 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD