Thank you!
    01-05-11 09:31 AM
    Merry Christmas Alex.

I just downloaded 1.5 and I've noticed that a feature I thought you included is not there - when I begin typing it does not automatically start entering text in the search box. I have to click/press on the search bar first.
    Hmm... I didn't change anything related to this and it continues to work for me. Can someone else check to see if type to search still works?
    01-06-11 01:51 PM
    I just tried it and type to search works ok on my 9700 using OS6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 01:56 PM
    Will there ever be a pay version that can bypass location based blackouts (such as BBC Radio Five Live being blocked to those outside the UK when covering certain live sport) ?
    This would be nice but outside of my control (since it's legal stuff not software) so I can't really comment on it.
    01-06-11 02:03 PM
    Request: When I add to favorites with a stream rate and type that I'm listening to it will always choose that stream rate.
    It's not possible because it saves only station / show id to the favorites. However implementing preferred bitrate / format is possible.

Oh yeah, and maybe a timer and wake up/play alarm. It would be cool to wake up to my local 1010WINS here in NYC area for news,traffic, and weather etc.
    These features are in the list so definitely coming in the future releases.
    01-06-11 02:09 PM
    It says 'network error' on most stations, maybe due to mr playing it without headphones in? I'm not sure! It looks good tho nonetheless!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    i am using the latest build on my 9700 os 6 but the app keeps getting stuck at buffering. it was working perfectly fine as long as i was using os 5. i only connect the app thru wifi. any clues to why this may be happening?
    Please send the log and I'll check it. To do so after you see the problem open TuneIn options, scroll all the way down and click the link with log name. It'll open an e-mail with the log attached. Please send it to [my username here] at gmail.com

Thanks!
    dannysachdev likes this.
    01-06-11 02:24 PM
    Hi Alex,

Just throwing these out there if you like them..

1) Manually sort Preset list. (I've got a few now and want to put my most favorite at the top).

2) Send/Recommend radio station info via email/BBM/SMS to other TuneIn Radio users so they can either listen to a currently playing song, or include it in their own Preset.

3) Able to view the actual stream info (http://ip.address: port) of the radio station. (makes it easier to incorporate stream on my desktop player as well) ?

What do you think?
    Good suggestions, thanks. Stream info would too technical for the most users so this feature probably won't make it into the app. Since radiotime has a web interface where you can manage all presets, it will be probably more logical to include some sort of export feature there instead.
    01-06-11 02:30 PM
    Hmm... I didn't change anything related to this and it continues to work for me. Can someone else check to see if type to search still works?
    Type to search works fine for me running 1.5 build 109 on my 9650 OS v6.0.0.415.

01-06-11 02:30 PM
    It seems that the option "Add custom URL" is available in "My presets" only, and if the latter is invisible - I am lost in struggle to find the option. Is it intentionally?
    Yes, since Custom URL option is pretty technical and probably won't be used by anyone outside of this forum :-) I didn't want to add it to all menus. The side effect is that as you have found if you don't have any presets, it is not available.

By the way, how do you play MMS stream on BlackBerry if it does not support it natively ? Haven't seen the app with its support so far, nice work!
    That's my favorite question The app actually implements MMS streaming protocol. The only other BB app, which does the same is WunderRadio.
    CryptoX likes this.
    01-06-11 02:39 PM
    I've just installed the app, but keep getting the error: "Cellular data connection is not working properly and WiFi is not available." Any ideas? I'm able to surf and use other data apps just fine.
    Browsing and e-mail will typically use BIS (or BES) connection. Unfortunately TuneIn can't work using these connection methods and requires an active data plan from your wireless provider (and if it's GSM the correct APN settings). You probably need to call them to check if you are subscribed to one.
    01-06-11 02:43 PM
    That's my favorite question The app actually implements MMS streaming protocol. The only other BB app, which does the same is WunderRadio.
    Thank you for the answer, Alex!
    I'm thinking about my own simple alarm application being able to play MMS radio streams. Is there a way to reuse that part of code from you? Have you considered to make it a stand-alone library product?
    Thanks in advance
    01-10-11 07:35 AM
    Thank you for the answer, Alex!
    I'm thinking about my own simple alarm application being able to play MMS radio streams. Is there a way to reuse that part of code from you? Have you considered to make it a stand-alone library product?
    Thanks in advance
    The company owns the code so it's not simple. Besides alarm feature will be added to future versions of TuneIn as well (Android & iPhone counterparts have it already)
    01-12-11 01:09 PM
    For some reason I can't play some stations, BBC Radio 5 live and Sportstalk radio. It just says buffering but never plays. Most other stations play fine. Anyone else have these problems?
    01-12-11 08:03 PM
    For some reason I can't play some stations, BBC Radio 5 live and Sportstalk radio. It just says buffering but never plays. Most other stations play fine. Anyone else have these problems?
    Please check options to see if "Storm2 / Torch compatibility mode" is on and try the opposite value. I appreciate if you share your results. If it still doesn't work, please send the log. Thanks
    Brazen9000 likes this.
    01-13-11 05:24 AM
    i had been experiencing the same problems with similar programs on bbc while using os 6 but none at all while on os 5. for that reason alone, i downgraded the os... will send alex a log report as soon as i can be bothered to upgrade the os again
    01-13-11 06:29 AM
    I just bought Tunein radio for my new iPod Touch and it is fantastic!! Love it on a bigger screen too
    01-13-11 10:17 AM
    I just bought Tunein radio for my new iPod Touch and it is fantastic!! Love it on a bigger screen too
    Isn't tunein free all across the board??

01-13-11 11:01 AM

Nope, free for us and Android, but costs for itunes, but I think it's pretty cheap .99 or 1.99, it's not much.

EDIT: I just looked it up, it's .99 on itunes. Again like I said, it's free for us and Android, which I double checked it IS free for Android.
    01-13-11 11:58 AM
    Nope, free for us and Android, but costs for itunes, but I think it's pretty cheap .99 or 1.99, it's not much.

EDIT: I just looked it up, it's .99 on itunes. Again like I said, it's free for us and Android, which I double checked it IS free for Android.
    Another reason I'll never leave RIM for apple just saying

01-13-11 03:54 PM
    is very good
    01-13-11 05:39 PM
    FTR, this app is WELL worth it, I would pay the .99 to have it on my touch or iphone if I had one.
    01-13-11 06:26 PM

it costs .99 for the iPod/iPhone platform but it is well worth it. The nice big screen and if I'm not mistaken it has a record feature? I'll have to double check that, but believe me, it is worth the buck (or more)
    01-14-11 09:42 AM
    i had been experiencing the same problems with similar programs on bbc while using os 6 but none at all while on os 5. for that reason alone, i downgraded the os... will send alex a log report as soon as i can be bothered to upgrade the os again
    Exactly! I moved from a 9000 on 5 with no problems to a 9780 on 6 and all of a sudden I lost my two favorite stations from the UK. Very strange. Thanks for your input
    01-14-11 06:44 PM
    Please check options to see if "Storm2 / Torch compatibility mode" is on and try the opposite value. I appreciate if you share your results. If it still doesn't work, please send the log. Thanks
    You see, that's why you get paid the big bucks. Thank you so much! with Storm 2 / Torch compatibility mode enabled it works perfectly! Thanks again Alex, another saturday without my Premiership football could have driven me over the edge
    01-14-11 07:03 PM
    When I opened Tunein today I got a notification that there is n update available but when I go to the update page and click download, it asks if I want to replace my version 1.4 with version 1.0?? Is there an update available and why is it called version 1.0?

alex.gavrilov likes this.
    01-16-11 10:02 AM
1,007 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD