Alex, I redid my blackberry and installed a hybrid and now whenever I install tunein, it doesn't launch when I open it via icon or convenience key. The way I had to remedy this was to go to edit permissions and set EVERYTHING for tunein to Allow. It now works as before...this started with build 108 (I'm on 109 now). What do you think? Is there anything wrong or privacy issues with me having all those permissions set to Allow? Let me know...It didn't used to do this before I redid my bb and installed the hybrid. Hope I didn't mess up the install (I've done it plenty of times, so I doubt it)

Thanks friend, amazing app as always
    I'm not sure why it happens to you. TuneIn requires permissions to access file system (currently only used to write log file), location (otherwise it would crash when trying to use GPS) and WiFi (to monitor your connection status and switch between cellular and WiFi as necessary). When started the app checks for these and if not all are enabled it asks system to show the permissions dialog.
    Last edited by alex.gavrilov; 12-24-10 at 04:59 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    12-24-10 04:49 PM
    Alex, whenever I click check updates in the app settings, it tells me I have the latest. Even when I don't. Am still at 1.4, and checked this page by chance before noticing 1.5 is rolled out. I have to then pass the message to all my friends I had recommended this app to to update. I could still be at 1.2 if it wasn't for me checking this page.

Better yet, since most people don't check their setting page for updates, why not show a message to prompt users that an update is available.
    The app would show a message on start up if it discovers that the update is available. The link in settings is simply a manual alternative. We need to synchronize automatic updates push with AppWorld releases, so these could be seriously lagging behind updates in this thread.
    12-24-10 04:59 PM
    I just wanted to wish everybody in the tunein community (and those of this wonderful thread) a merry christmas!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-10 08:07 AM
    Merry Christmas Alex.

I just downloaded 1.5 and I've noticed that a feature I thought you included is not there - when I begin typing it does not automatically start entering text in the search box. I have to click/press on the search bar first.
    12-25-10 01:19 PM
    Upgraded to Version 109 from Version 104 and several problems ie.
    WFAN NY AM 660 does not play today and I get a message = "Not Available on Sunday"
    Went back to Version 104 and WFAN does play very well without problems.
    Thanks
    P.S. BB 8330 CDMA on Verizon
    12-26-10 07:42 AM
    Will there ever be a pay version that can bypass location based blackouts (such as BBC Radio Five Live being blocked to those outside the UK when covering certain live sport) ?

I'd ber very happy to pay for such a version!
    12-26-10 09:54 AM
    Request: When I add to favorites with a stream rate and type that I'm listening to it will always choose that stream rate.

Current way it works for me: I always get the higher stream rate when I go to my favorites even when I saved them at a lower rate/type.

I read that mp3 takes less processor power so I prefer that and I like lower rates for less bandwidth usage. If the above is not possible maybe a preference to "alway grab MP3 type if available". And another for "grab lower bit rate if available".

Superb app.

Oh yeah, and maybe a timer and wake up/play alarm. It would be cool to wake up to my local 1010WINS here in NYC area for news,traffic, and weather etc.
    12-26-10 12:53 PM
    Request: When I add to favorites with a stream rate and type that I'm listening to it will always choose that stream rate.

Current way it works for me: I always get the higher stream rate when I go to my favorites even when I saved them at a lower rate/type.

I read that mp3 takes less processor power so I prefer that and I like lower rates for less bandwidth usage. If the above is not possible maybe a preference to "alway grab MP3 type if available". And another for "grab lower bit rate if available".

Superb app.

Oh yeah, and maybe a timer and wake up/play alarm. It would be cool to wake up to my local 1010WINS here in NYC area for news,traffic, and weather etc.
    Some fantastic requests here. Be patient with Alex, he does work to take care of us, he's the best app developer I can say I've had the pleasure of experiencing his work

12-26-10 06:33 PM
    I'm having a big problem getting this program to work. I have installed and deleted then reinstalled but I still get a error message that says "network Problem". When I click on a station nothing plays. Any help from anyone who has experienced this would be greatly appreciated.
    12-26-10 08:58 PM
    I'm having a big problem getting this program to work. I have installed and deleted then reinstalled but I still get a error message that says "network Problem". When I click on a station nothing plays. Any help from anyone who has experienced this would be greatly appreciated.
    Have installed it on 3 different phones (all Styles) without any problem whatsoever.
    Have you checked your 'connection' under Settings?
    12-26-10 09:31 PM
    I previously had it installed using os 5 with no problem. I checked my connection and it is set to automatic. I am using Wi-Fi at home. Should my connection also be set to Wi-FI. I did set it to WiFi but it still would not play. I just get the message invalid response or when I click on a station "network error".
    I also have IHeartRadio and it plays. I'm stumped.
    12-26-10 09:37 PM
    Try unchecking 'compress server responses'
    12-26-10 10:26 PM
    i am using the latest build on my 9700 os 6 but the app keeps getting stuck at buffering. it was working perfectly fine as long as i was using os 5. i only connect the app thru wifi. any clues to why this may be happening?
    12-27-10 10:52 AM
    i would like to try! curve 8900 5.0.0.822
    12-27-10 11:49 AM
    i would like to try! curve 8900 5.0.0.822
    http://radiotime.com/bb

12-27-10 06:24 PM
    It says 'network error' on most stations, maybe due to mr playing it without headphones in? I'm not sure! It looks good tho nonetheless!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    12-28-10 07:09 AM
    Love this app, just found it yesterday. Worked flawlessly today.
    Good bye Nebex!
    12-28-10 05:37 PM
    Love this app, just found it yesterday. Worked flawlessly today.
    Good bye Nebex!
    Muahahaha. Another one lost to TuneIn!

12-28-10 06:29 PM
    Hi Alex,

Just throwing these out there if you like them..

1) Manually sort Preset list. (I've got a few now and want to put my most favorite at the top).

2) Send/Recommend radio station info via email/BBM/SMS to other TuneIn Radio users so they can either listen to a currently playing song, or include it in their own Preset.

3) Able to view the actual stream info (http://ip.address: port) of the radio station. (makes it easier to incorporate stream on my desktop player as well) ?

What do you think?

Thanks.
    Last edited by coffee-turtle; 12-30-10 at 10:39 AM.
    alex.gavrilov likes this.
    12-30-10 10:36 AM
    It says 'network error' on most stations, maybe due to mr playing it without headphones in? I'm not sure! It looks good tho nonetheless!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Lol it has nothing to do with headphones or lack thereof

12-30-10 10:49 AM
    You can organize your presets, but it has to be done on the radiotime website, or the red button player for the desktop.

coffee-turtle likes this.
    12-30-10 12:22 PM
    Thank you, GrumpyOldMan2112. Forgot to check there.
    12-30-10 12:57 PM
    Lol it has nothing to do with headphones or lack thereof

that's why i said 'i'm not sure' :/
    Last edited by ria__x; 12-30-10 at 02:15 PM.
    12-30-10 02:12 PM
    Nice app, THANKS!

One note:
    It seems that the option "Add custom URL" is available in "My presets" only, and if the latter is invisible - I am lost in struggle to find the option. Is it intentionally?

By the way, how do you play MMS stream on BlackBerry if it does not support it natively ? Haven't seen the app with its support so far, nice work!
    01-03-11 06:56 AM
    I've just installed the app, but keep getting the error: "Cellular data connection is not working properly and WiFi is not available." Any ideas? I'm able to surf and use other data apps just fine.
    01-04-11 07:37 PM
1,007 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD