My bluetooth visor mount speak is cutting of the FM broadcast after a min when I'm streaming using this app. The 1 min cut off is a feature to save battery when its not in use, but its doing it while im actually listening to a station. It does not do this when I'm listening to Pandora. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? I have enable bluetooth within the tunein radio app.

Thanks
    Perhaps the station loses connection and has to try to buffer itself again but its taking longer than a minute to do that and therefore your speaker doesn't detect activity?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 05:30 PM
    No, i checked that...its not a buffering issue. I believe its something with the app that doesnt tell the bluetooth device its in use. If i play a podcast through my blackberry media player it does not stop transmitting fm. Pandora is basically the same type of stream app and i have no problem with it. Its something within the programming or settings of the app. Hopefully the developer can assist.
    12-14-10 05:49 PM

"I'm feeling some app update withdrawal baby... when the new version be commin'?"
    12-15-10 09:32 PM
    oh wow lmao
    12-15-10 09:38 PM
    What updates are really needed?! I used it for 5-6 hours yesterday and it worked awesome. My co-workers were quite impressed.
    12-16-10 05:42 AM

"I'm feeling some app update withdrawal baby... when the new version be commin'?"
    Rex!! Tyrone.
    12-16-10 06:41 AM
    I checked it out and it's certainly not possible (until RIM will share their secret APIs with me )
    haha! Sad but true!

Thanks for looking into it!

BTW, i will definitely vote your app as one of the best, if not the best app of 2010 for my Blackberry.

I use it everyday!
    12-16-10 12:00 PM
    Version 1.5 build 106 is available at beta download page TuneIn Radio for Blackberry beta download

Release notes:

- Don't handle volume keys when the app is idle in the background
    - Option to add custom stream urls to presets (Add custom URL menu command on My Presets page)
    - Option to choose streaming source when multiple sources are available (Choose stream menu command on Now playing page)
    - Bugfixes

I couldn't stop myself from trying to improve streaming code so if you notice that the new version suddenly behaves funny on some streams please let me know.
    12-16-10 12:39 PM
    Great little changes. again!

I hesitate to ask for something else, as you already have gone so far beyond what anyone could ask for, but alas, let me toss my $.02......

I added a custom URL. By default, it places a category of URL at the stop of the screen with the custom URL's name below.

Sort of like this:

Urls1
    ....[indenting]....Custom Radio Station Name
    850 WEEI
    98.5 The Sports Hub

I would love it if we could have it on a line looking like this:

850 WEEI
    Custom Radio Station Name (URL) <--- And I meant that "url" literally, to show that it is a URL, not to show the actual URL
    98.5 The Sports Hub .........................which might be best displayed when you are playing it...?

But I just went to my Radiotime account and tried to drag the URL to a different location, but it won't let me.

So I assume this is a limitation of radiotime and not TuneIn.

Thoughts?

Again.....great work!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jlb21; 12-16-10 at 02:09 PM.
    12-16-10 01:41 PM
    I added a custom URL. By default, it places a category of URL at the stop of the screen with the custom URL's name below.

Sort of like this:

Urls1
    ....[indenting]....Custom Radio Station
    850 WEEI
    98.5 The Sports Hub

I would love it if we could have it on a line looking like this:

850 WEEI
    Custom Radio Station (URL)
    98.5 The Sports Hub

But I just went to my Radiotime account and tried to drag the URL to a different location, but it won't let me.

So I assume this is a limitation of radiotime and not TuneIn.
    These are very good comments, thanks! I'll follow up with server-side developers at RadioTime to see what we can do to improve.
    12-16-10 01:49 PM
    Thanks!
    12-16-10 02:07 PM
    WOW! Thank you! All the changes are good, but custom streams i personally have been looking forward to! I wasnt sure if you were going to be able to do it, but WOW! Thanks again. :-)
    12-16-10 02:53 PM
    Yey! Thanks Alex! I was waiting for that volume control code to go in the next version.
    12-16-10 03:44 PM
    I have been using the previous beta with lots of GREAT results, so....should i really try the next version / beta?. I do have a 8330 verizon cdma BB.
    Thanks for a GREAT APP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Howard
    12-16-10 06:06 PM
    Playback stops when running the camera app. What up with that? By design or a bug? I can maybe understand the video camera but the pic camera as well? Seems silly. Is this a RIM API lockout to prohibit recording of streaming or am I reading too much into it? Voice Notes recorder app seems to run without interrupting playback. Weird.

12-17-10 01:39 AM
    Playback stops when running the camera app. What up with that? By design or a bug? I can maybe understand the video camera but the pic camera as well? Seems silly. Is this a RIM API lockout to prohibit recording of streaming or am I reading too much into it? Voice Notes recorder app seems to run without interrupting playback. Weird.
    Yeah it is weird. What happens is that the playback is stopped by the system and the app receives 'device unavailable' status. Apparently camera uses the same "media processor" as audio playback.
    12-17-10 05:44 AM
    Yeah it is weird. What happens is that the playback is stopped by the system and the app receives 'device unavailable' status. Apparently camera uses the same "media processor" as audio playback.
    I've always wanted to know why that happens as well, thanks for clearing that up. I haven't ran into any bugs/errors yet with the beta 1.5 yet besides the playback bug.

Thnx, �Tripster�

12-17-10 06:08 AM
    same,whenever i get a sound notification from gmail or any other app with sound notification, playback stops
    12-17-10 08:38 AM
    Quick question. I have a stream which tunein is seeing as a windows media stream. It says "may be incompatible with your device". When it finally buffers, it says "media format error".

It does play when I use Yourmuze (either the app or their website). I would love to get this stream working.

Any thoughts in general?

Please PM me for details if you have time. Thanks!
    Last edited by jlb21; 12-17-10 at 08:56 AM.
    12-17-10 08:42 AM
    Quick question. I have a stream which tunein is seeing as a windows media stream. It says "may be incompatible with your device". When it finally buffers, it says "media format error".

It does play when I use Yourmuze (either the app or their website). I would love to get this stream working.

Any thoughts in general?

Please PM me for details if you have time. Thanks!
    TuneIn tries to play all streams directly, while Yourmuze runs server conversion into format, which works on the device. Apparently the stream you tried is not directly playable on your phone.
    12-17-10 10:31 AM
    Alex, how hard would it be to add a menu choice to "Copy Stream Info"? Sometimes I find a song I like and I want to copy the song info on the screen and paste it into a memo so I can find it later when I get in front of a PC. Right now I have to do that manually, sure would be super quick to just make a couple of menu choices to make that happen.

12-19-10 12:13 AM
    TuneIn tries to play all streams directly, while Yourmuze runs server conversion into format, which works on the device. Apparently the stream you tried is not directly playable on your phone.
    Ok. Thanks for the update/explanation. Makes sense to me. For the few times I listen to this one stream, yourmuze is fine.

Keep up the good work. TuneIn is the ba....is great!!!!

12-19-10 05:32 AM
    Alex, I just noticed the choose stream option. This is wonderful! Mostly in the mornings when I listen to my talk radio, i don't get the best service over 3G sometimes, and I find my 9630 trying to buffer it constantly at times, so now I can switch to a lower bitrate (another tunein feature I love) if needed

12-20-10 12:33 AM
    Alex, how hard would it be to add a menu choice to "Copy Stream Info"? Sometimes I find a song I like and I want to copy the song info on the screen and paste it into a memo so I can find it later when I get in front of a PC. Right now I have to do that manually, sure would be super quick to just make a couple of menu choices to make that happen.
    Great idea! I added that menu command to build 107 TuneIn Radio for Blackberry beta download which also fixes couple of exotic playback failures.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-20-10 01:54 PM
    Just tried build 107 and on every podcast i try i am getting HTTP Error 302
    Thank you
    alex.gavrilov likes this.
    12-20-10 02:21 PM
1,007 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD