Oh, I agree that the ability to change the volume should be available outside of the app. The issue is not at all with that, the issue is with the volume graphic showing up outside of the app. It's good because that's the way the stock Media Player does it, but the graphic is different then the stock one and that sometimes causes issues if you have both apps running becase it overlaps the graphics and conflicts which one is which and because you cannot tell which one you're controlling. Maybe it's something Alex can fix. I would be good with changing the graphic to match that of the OEM volume controls, but I don't know if that's a possibility or even an easy one. Alex should be able to tell us that.

Either way, this app is AWESOME regardless of the little glitches. I'm simply trying to help Alex optimize it as best as possible and fix any bug that's found. That will help insure that user of this app will be happy with it in the end.
    That's THE best part about TuneIN! Alex has responded to our resquests from the very start, it more than just the bug fixes, he adds and removes stuff based on our feedback. He has been one of the most responsive developers I have ever seen!
    jeffreii likes this.
    12-05-10 10:11 PM
    I like having the graffic show up even when its running in the background.
    Just as an fyi I also had the conflicting volume graffic overlap, it wasn't a big deal for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 11:02 PM
    That's THE best part about TuneIN! Alex has responded to our resquests from the very start, it more than just the bug fixes, he adds and removes stuff based on our feedback. He has been one of the most responsive developers I have ever seen!
    WOrd.......

pkcable likes this.
    12-06-10 12:51 AM
    Just as an fyi I also had the conflicting volume graffic overlap, it wasn't a big deal for me.

I dunno, I contemplated suicide when it happened for me. Lol

12-06-10 12:52 AM
    Can't emphasize this enough^
    pkcable likes this.
    12-06-10 07:43 AM
    I dunno, I contemplated suicide when it happened for me. Lol
    Actually when it happened to me I was equally shocked What if I don't show the indicator when these two conditions are met simultaneously 1) the app is in the background and 2) it doesn't currently play anything. Probably shouldn't modify the volume level in such case either.
    12-06-10 04:15 PM
    Actually its a little more than overlapping graffix.
    I was listening to the radio and surfing the web, I came along a you tube vid I wanted to see.
    When I played it TuneIn stopped, as it should, but when trying increase volume on the media player, I had to let the TI go to 100 before the media player volume showed up and increased.
    Now again, not a big deal, I like the volume feature when TI is in the background, and its something I'm sure most people won't run into.
    It is no where near as depressing to the point of ending it all as the fact my neighbors Evo does Flash video.......now that is depressing lol.

12-06-10 07:43 PM
    Actually when it happened to me I was equally shocked What if I don't show the indicator when these two conditions are met simultaneously 1) the app is in the background and 2) it doesn't currently play anything. Probably shouldn't modify the volume level in such case either.
    Perfect! Also set it so you just can't change the volume unless the app is playing something. There's no need for volume control when it's not playing something in the background. Just be sure to still allow volume control when the app is the active one and there's nothing playing. I will sometimes check volume to make sure it's at the right level before I hit play. Let's go with that. What about the graphic? Do you have the option to utilize the stock media player bargraph or would you have to make one? If you have to make one, just leave it as is now, less code and lower app size. Thanks again!

12-06-10 10:51 PM
    I just uploaded 1.5 build 105.

- Option to play via handset
    Thanks for this!
    12-07-10 08:27 AM
    +1.

I so love this.

Today, I was streaming WEEI sports radio 850 all the way in to Boston on the commuter rail. The ONLY time the signal was dropped was when the train went through a tunnel and one spot that's real tough to hold the cell signal...more remote and far from a tower.

This app is so good!!!!
    12-07-10 08:43 AM
    Perfect! Also set it so you just can't change the volume unless the app is playing something. There's no need for volume control when it's not playing something in the background. Just be sure to still allow volume control when the app is the active one and there's nothing playing. I will sometimes check volume to make sure it's at the right level before I hit play. Let's go with that. What about the graphic? Do you have the option to utilize the stock media player bargraph or would you have to make one? If you have to make one, just leave it as is now, less code and lower app size. Thanks again!

Alex should just hire this guy

12-07-10 11:55 PM

guy?
    12-08-10 04:47 AM
    Wow, just tried this today on my 9670 and it's great. Much, much better than any other radio app I've tried to date.

Thank you!
    12-08-10 03:41 PM

That "GUY" is actually a girl!
    12-08-10 04:38 PM
    That "GUY" is actually a girl!
    Wow now I feel hardcore sexist. Sorry JRSCCivic98, you know your stuff!

12-08-10 07:13 PM
    What about the graphic? Do you have the option to utilize the stock media player bargraph or would you have to make one? If you have to make one, just leave it as is now, less code and lower app size.
    There is no way to utilize media player resources (just like with battery / signal icon) and I'm not excited about making a custom one so will stick with what we have for now.
    12-09-10 07:51 AM
    There is no way to utilize media player resources (just like with battery / signal icon) and I'm not excited about making a custom one so will stick with what we have for now.
    Sounds good to me. Will it be hard/time intensive to implement the other changes we discussed in the above post?
    12-09-10 11:43 AM
    Sounds good to me. Will it be hard/time intensive to implement the other changes we discussed in the above post?
    They are in, just not published yet
    12-09-10 12:00 PM
    speaking of media player, is it possible to display what song is playing on TuneIn Radio within BBM (like media player does)?

Thanks!
    12-09-10 12:04 PM
    Hey Alex.....just curious....

Are you going to make a PlayBook specific version of TIR?
    12-13-10 08:56 AM
    speaking of media player, is it possible to display what song is playing on TuneIn Radio within BBM (like media player does)?

Thanks!
    I checked it out and it's certainly not possible (until RIM will share their secret APIs with me )
    12-13-10 11:34 AM
    Downloaded on my new Style 9670 and using it.
    One of the greatest applications ever.
    12-13-10 12:07 PM
    Hey Alex.....just curious....

Are you going to make a PlayBook specific version of TIR?
    RadioTime goal is to bring it to all connected devices so the answer is yes. I just don't know when yet -- they don't even have a proper SDK for the thing.
    12-13-10 12:19 PM
    One nice feature would be to have the application status in the system menu.
    So it can be paused, played or exited from another application.
    12-13-10 12:43 PM
    My bluetooth visor mount speak is cutting of the FM broadcast after a min when I'm streaming using this app. The 1 min cut off is a feature to save battery when its not in use, but its doing it while im actually listening to a station. It does not do this when I'm listening to Pandora. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix? I have enable bluetooth within the tunein radio app.

Thanks
    12-14-10 05:19 PM
1,007 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD